Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hopefully FIFA or UEFA get involved.

I hope they do and hammer the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute.

Rangers were left with no option but to go to the court of session to finally get justice after they lost their appeal to the SFA and were blocked from going to the Court of Arbitration

Disband the cheating b*****ds immediately and make them start out in the non-leagues. The decision sums up Scottish football. A total joke.

with FIFA "closely monitoring" the situation we're about to see exactly how big the SFA's balls are.

FWIW: I reckon the SFA is hung like a hamster ! sad.gif

Firstly I doubt a mechanism exists to "not recognise the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration in Sport and refer the whole case to FIFA" (and what is "to FIFA": the world congress of 216 members?!?!). It's not Star Wars.

Secondly... if SFA really didn't have transfer embargos permitted under their rules, and really didn't sufficiently permit appeals to CAS, then there's no certainty FIFA would wholly side with them IMO.

This decision wasn't made by them though :rolleyes:

It is no longer hampered by the original judicial panel because they have now compounded the original offence by going to court against FIFA Statute Article 64 - and Lord Glennie conceded today that Rangers HAD "brought the game into disrepute", the upheld charge to which the punishments were given for.

The SFA now have every excuse they need to expel Rangers.

UEFA and Fifa have got to got to the aid of the SFA.

This would I suggest largely rest upon what *exactly* SFA has done that it wasn't supposed to.

If - as has been claimed - the rules didn't sufficiently give scope for going to CAS, then it was impossible for Rangers to appeal an SFA decision outside of SFA itself. They couldn't go to CAS - and they couldn't go to court.

I don't think that state of affairs... as I said, if true... would be upheld by FIFA or courts.

BBC Sportsound@bbcsportsound Lord Glennie proposes case go back to the #SFA appeal tribunal that upheld the initial decision by a judicial panel to impose 12 month ban

I wonder how Lord Carloway will take being essentially admonished by a less senior judge? If this is going to cause a stushie in the football world, there is going to be some tension in legal circles over this.

1338305611[/url]' post='6284025']

Aye, but didn't the previous appeals panel agree with the original panel, i.e. that expulsion was too severe?

Rangers would be right off to CAS (or back to court) if the next appeals panel says "no no expulsion is actually a reasonable punishment". Which may still happen, granted.

Playing devils advocate( no pun intended)

They could also argue that other punishments too lenient for severity of offence.

This is massively contentious issue and two senior judges disagree on the reading of SFA rules. Lord Carloway explicitly said that the punishment was available to the tribunal a CoS judge says otherwise. If CoS was the only option for an appeal then Rangers shouldn't face punishment. The SFA should expect scorn, CAS should always be the final arbiter of sporting rules and forcing Rangers to the law courts has been damaging to the game.

If CAS told the SFA that a transfer embargo were illegal that would open a can of worms in many other leagues but it would be accepted since CAS is an impartial judge and specially created to resolve these situations.

The thing is, the CAS isn't Scottish therefore is likely to view anything without OF blinkers on. No wonder the Scottish football authorities only want local people to deal with the game in Scotland.

the decision surely must be the end of Regan's career in scottish football, from the disaster of Lennons overlapping bans, to the shambolic appointment of Vincent Lunny to head the video review panel and now this

He simply hasnt a fucking clue neither does the rest of the SFA, for them to apparently re-write their rule book only a year ago and then have this happen simply smacks of amateurism

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The SFA and the SPL are a disgrace to governing federations.

I am not sure why I am trying to tempt my son who was born in England to 'support' Scotland.

If you took a shambles, sprinkled in a mockery, poured in some laughing stock finally adding a pinch of a sham you still couldn't come up with the SFA or SPL.

Well, this is a right mess.

1) it can be argued that the only reason Rangers brought, and the court accepted, the case is because the SFA didn't provide a clear right of appeal to CAS, which FIFA contemplates even if it didn't absolutely require. That gives an out for the SFA, and for that matter FIFA, that bringing this case wasn't binging the game into disrepute and makes the Rangers = Sion point much less clear

2) If the punishment is heightened on remand the Orcs will forever after claim they were punished for exercising their legal rights (never mind that's bollix). Some outside observers might agree. Cue angry questions in parliament from Tory Eurosckeptics (FIFA and UEFA are close enough, natch).

3) The language that the original tribunal considered expulsion and that it was akin to match fixing means any lesser punishment will smack of abject cowardice. The other chairmen have to be pretty pissed at Rangers right now. Note Rangers didn't make a public case for the reasonable CAS route or appeal to UEFA for clariication, they went straight to the nulear option. Fines would be a joke, the Scottish Cup expulsion only lightly less so. Celtic and Diddy fans will go berserk.

4) what the hell does suspension mean in the current circumstances? Other than the death of the club in short order.

Bottom Line is SFA rules are badly drafted and not fit for purpose. Given the legal reasoning of the SFA panels I'm surprised the court didn't recognize that badly drafted as they were Rangers signed up for them and a transfer embargo was reasonable even if it stressed the discretionary language to a high level. That being said, some smart TimLawLoggers were pointing out flaws in the SFA rules ladt week so the COS decision doesn't necessarily involve funny handshakes.

The chance of this ending without a huge chunk of either Rangers supporters or every other teams supporters not being convinced that Scottish Football is a corrupt sham which should be abandoned just went to Nil. No way to hide, no way to make it look objective.

I wonder how Lord Carloway will take being essentially admonished by a less senior judge? If this is going to cause a stushie in the football world, there is going to be some tension in legal circles over this.

we both better hope not as it'll mean no Champions League for you guys nor Europa League for us ! mad.gif

Nice wee post from Paul67 on KDS :-

Ogilvie was born for this moment as SFA to consider expelling Rangers

Posted on 29 May, 2012 by Paul67

Although Rangers won their case at the Court of Session today, they have the option not to serve the ruling on the SFA that its Judicial Panel’s 12 month ban on player registration is illegal. Winning the point in law might sound like a victory, but taking the Association to court breaks membership rules of the SFA, rules imposed on all associations by Fifa.

We will find out soon enough the reach of SFA president, Campbell Ogilvie, who was one of the recipients of an EBT which precipitated Rangers crisis.

Rangers are deep in Sion territory now. Either they walk away from this showdown, the SFA expel or suspend them from football, or Fifa will shortly remind the SFA of their duties when a member club takes action in the civil courts.

Campbell Ogilvie was born for this moment; it justifies him holding onto his position all these months despite being “heavily conflicted”, according to his chief executive. I do not expect this to end well.

Despite an independent judicial panel ruling against Rangers, there is no way the office holders at the SFA will expel Rangers, no matter what they do. They would rather jeopardise the Scotland national team and every other club’s European participation.

Reply Retweet Favorite

2m Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

FIFA said just before verdict passed that Scottish FA will be told to take action so club "withdraws its request from the ordinary courts"

definately gonna get messy !

I, for one, am thankful that posters on this thread a few days ago were sending e-mails to FIFA. Without that, they'd have been completely unaware of this situation.

:whistle

Surely in the real world a ban from the Scottish Cup would be more severe than a transfer embargo, or am I being naive?

I would've thought that current-co Rangers can't sign players for the foreseeable future anyway, seeing as they are in admin (incase you weren't aware).