Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I see it's up to the Appeals Tribunal whether or not to send the case back to the original Tribunal. Hope they do. I'd imagine they'll be full of warmth and magnanimity after Fat Sally had them outed to the Hordes..

I can see the logic in the verdict. Simply a case of the sanctions not being available to the independent tribunal. It does ask some questions about what the tribunal members were thinking, even though they went to great lengths to explain the wrong-doing. That in itself was impressive, but I guess they havered, since, given the seriousness of it, expulsion was on the cards.

The tribunal does have the power to impose a further fine, of course - one that could cover theirs and Rangers' court expenses. They might just add a bit more to the total as well, just enough to make coming out of administration impossible until the end of the transfer window. In the meantime, the transfer embargo is lifted.

Expelled from the Scottish Cup and that'll be it.

Most likely.

Remember, the SFA already explicitly stated that expulsion was too severe a punishment for the offence, so the panel has tied their hands already (i.e. any appeal on that would be a cinch). It's not that the SFA won't have the balls to chuck them out, but they realistically can't, thanks to their own panel's ruling.

But the idea that they'll get off with everything is still farcical. There are still too many odds stacked against them. I'd still wager that they won't be around in time for the new season.

Edited by Cobardon

Three observations on this:

[1] people are saying "well if you can't embargo, then expel them"; but that's hampered by the original judicial panel having said expulsion was too severe a punishment for the offence... I'd suggest it's difficult for them to say "no sorry we were kidding", as it'd leave them open to accusations (and re-appeals) that they were expelling them to cover-up their incompetence or hit them for going to court

On the other hand, didn't they say that was the only other option at the time?

If they did, could be interesting.

1338305093[/url]' post='6283973']

Was it ever in doubt?

Following on from the fiasco from last season and Lennons suspension heads should roll at the SFA!!

Agreed, the chairman must resign over this.

Who is he anyway?

Edited by Skudbook

So, the SFA have left themselves looking like incompetent arseholes - again - and have left themselves with no option but to either expel or let them off.

Well, I think we all know how that'll go.

Can anyone honestly see the SFA expelling Rangers? They don't have the balls.

As I said, they might struggle to justify it, even if they did have the balls. If it's correct that it's been sent back to the appeals panel since they cannot uphold the transfer embargo part... then they can give them 'lesser' punishments (Scottish Cup etc.) or the 'bigger' punishment (expulsion). But the panels, in their previous judgements, have already said that expulsion was too harsh?

UEFA and Fifa have got to got to the aid of the SFA.

However if the court deems this unlawful what about tax evasion, tax avoidance, EBTs, Sectarianism and Bigotry that Rangers are riddled with?

[1] people are saying "well if you can't embargo, then expel them"; but that's hampered by the original judicial panel having said expulsion was too severe a punishment for the offence... I'd suggest it's difficult for them to say "no sorry we were kidding", as it'd leave them open to accusations (and re-appeals) that they were expelling them to cover-up their incompetence or hit them for going to court

[2] if as is being suggested, the embargo punishment was not allowed for under SFA's own rules, that's a major boo-boo considering they were rewritten by lawyers only 1yr ago

[3] if as is being suggested the rules didn't sufficiently establish the right of appeal to CAS, then Rangers can't really be done for going to court... where were they supposed to go?

Quite an embarrassing outcome, potentially.

I agree with you for once. I suppose it had to happen at sometime. Somebody at the SFA will have to carry the can for this one...Hopefully Regan himself

It is no longer hampered by the original judicial panel because they have now compounded the original offence by going to court against FIFA Statute Article 64 - and Lord Glennie conceded today that Rangers HAD "brought the game into disrepute", the upheld charge to which the punishments were given for.

The SFA now have every excuse they need to expel Rangers.

As a simple layman, what I don't get is this:

Rangers have gone to the CoS on basis that the SFA sanction wasn't within the scope of the SFA (ie, there was nothing in the SFA rule book allowing for the banning of new player registrations).

So essentially, Rangers wanted to adhere to the rule book......... the rule book reportedly states that they shouldn't have gone down the legal route with this.

It's a bit confusing for an old man like me, it's a far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Mmmmm. Marvellous.

[1] people are saying "well if you can't embargo, then expel them"; but that's hampered by the original judicial panel having said expulsion was too severe a punishment for the offence... I'd suggest it's difficult for them to say "no sorry we were kidding", as it'd leave them open to accusations (and re-appeals)

The other side of the coin is that the embargo was imposed as the other punishments were regarded as too mild. The CoS now forcing one or the other

Was it ever in doubt?

Following on from the fiasco from last season and Lennons suspension heads should roll at the SFA!!

Aye, hopefully all the eunuchs are getting it 1st.