Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Gregory Ioannidis ‏@LawTop20

Court of Session rules transfer embargo on Rangers is unlawful! Now this is going to be interesting as I explained in my blog! More tonight

Can anyone honestly see the SFA expelling Rangers? They don't have the balls.

This. It will take UEFA / FIFA threats of sanctions for expulsion to happen.

No one in Scotland wants to have their fingerprints on the garotte that will strangle Rangers in their present form. This is what they are exploiting.

Only HMRC will intervene meaningfully now. But this may actually be the better result, as a victory for the SFA may just have meant continued missed quantums, and administrative spinning out of the end, for many months to come.

Can anyone honestly see the SFA expelling Rangers? They don't have the balls.

No ,so it begs the question if they can't ban them from signing players and they are desperate to keep them in the SPL ,,what will they do?slap on the wrist? So we could start next season with rangers having no debt and fresh investments to buy players , they could arguable be the strongest team financially next season?! :lol: :lol:

I believe that any credibility that SFA had is in absolute shreds now.I can see them losing all their nerve and backing down to such an extent that Scottish Football disintegrates very, very quickly. it will become absolutely lawless.:(

RIP Scottish Football 2012.

Will the criminal Campbell Ogilvie be sitting on the SFA panel that now has to decide what to do with H*ns ?

You lessen your point when use that word.

I'd love to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. I've long held the opinion that Rangers will walk away from this pretty much without a scratch.

I am of the same ilk, and dread to think that the fraudsters will get off scot free just typical of british justicesad.gif

The SFA should come out and say they do not recognise the jurisdiction of the COS in this matter and will refer the whole case to FIFA as the world governing body. We know where they stand on these matters. Simple get out of jail card for the SFA and directs all anger from Ibrokes towards the world governing body. That then means Rangers have to take on FIFA and all other member associations including the real big clubs that involves.

Lets see then how much of a global brand with a big world following they are......no drama, the stakes just got higher. Beautiful biggrin.gif

UEFA/FIFA are going to be watching what the SFA do next very carefully.

ETA : Surely if the SFA take any notice of the CoS verdict then FIFA/UEFA will be down on top of them like a ton of bricks?

Edited by Forest_Fifer

Three observations on this:

[1] people are saying "well if you can't embargo, then expel them"; but that's hampered by the original judicial panel having said expulsion was too severe a punishment for the offence... I'd suggest it's difficult for them to say "no sorry we were kidding", as it'd leave them open to accusations (and re-appeals) that they were expelling them to cover-up their incompetence or hit them for going to court

[2] if as is being suggested, the embargo punishment was not allowed for under SFA's own rules, that's a major boo-boo considering they were rewritten by lawyers only 1yr ago

[3] if as is being suggested the rules didn't sufficiently establish the right of appeal to CAS, then Rangers can't really be done for going to court... where were they supposed to go?

Quite an embarrassing outcome, potentially.