Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It is people like you that make my blood boil...Reveling in other teams misery because you choose to support some shitty team that contributes very little in the grand scheme of things but feel so superior to Rangers suporters...f**k off!!

Why should i and 50,000 other Rangers fans along with the estimated 1 million armchairfans allow your club to live off our money whilst we are unfairly penalised?

You and the other diddies have lived of Rangers for too long and now your chairman are worried things are going titis up..Yep they most certainly are. I have always defended the Scottish game as a whole but after reading the utter drivel that is posted on here on a daily basis i have had enough. It is long over due that Rangers looked after No.1 and starting from next season that is exactly what we will be doing...First thing i do when i get my Season Ticket renewal form in is cancel my CCCS..No away games from me or anybody i know.

OK it wont kill you off but it will lead to a massive reduction in your income and will mean the loss of players and staff at every SPL except for maybe celtic.

I hear diddiies like you are going to boycott Ibrox :lol: :lol: :lol: That boycot has been going on since 1986 and has made very little difference.

54 TITLES AND STILL GOING STRONG

The pressure is obviously getting to you. The man that we all thought showed the reasonable side to a Rankers supporter has finally shown his true colours over the last few weeks. All I have to work out now is whether the number in your name refers to your age or your IQ!!

It is people like you that make my blood boil...Reveling in other teams misery because you choose to support some shitty team that contributes very little in the grand scheme of things but feel so superior to Rangers suporters...f**k off!!

Why should i and 50,000 other Rangers fans along with the estimated 1 million armchairfans allow your club to live off our money whilst we are unfairly penalised?

You and the other diddies have lived of Rangers for too long and now your chairman are worried things are going titis up..Yep they most certainly are. I have always defended the Scottish game as a whole but after reading the utter drivel that is posted on here on a daily basis i have had enough. It is long over due that Rangers looked after No.1 and starting from next season that is exactly what we will be doing...First thing i do when i get my Season Ticket renewal form in is cancel my CCCS..No away games from me or anybody i know.

OK it wont kill you off but it will lead to a massive reduction in your income and will mean the loss of players and staff at every SPL except for maybe celtic.

I hear diddiies like you are going to boycott Ibrox :lol: :lol: :lol: That boycot has been going on since 1986 and has made very little difference.

Oh, the fucking irony! That's all your team and it's supporter has ever done. So, why don't you f**k off twat-dangle.

Someones not been taking their Lithium again ! rolleyes.gif

Can someone call Nurse Ratchet ??? tongue.gif

I'm never too sure how to take your posts, mate. Mostly, you're very reasoned but then you chuck in an odd one.

You should always treat anything associated with the old firm as you would a pit bull terrier. Sure there are some that wont bite you and there are even a few that can be trusted around children, but deep down we know they ain't wired up right and they could go psycho at any time.

No8, is playing the role of pantomime baddie and should be lauded. It's almost a caricature of the w****r of a Rangers fan who sits smirking in the pub and would get lost in Dundee looking for Ibrox.

Well played, sir.

Also, as an organisation Rangers (and again Celtic) tacitly use sectarianism to generate fans and support (they could ban all sectarian overtures from their stadiums, they choose not too).

Yes, that's why the Old Firm are the size they are.

The Irish tunes I could just about understand, but Rangers' Battle of Britain/Dambusters response is just laughable. Monty Python-esque.

Let's get shot of both of them. They just don't fit any more. Too big for us, and we don't want them. Amicable divorce.

AFAIK Bonio is an Irish citizen, and presumably a loyal one.

For tax reasons they are registered in the Netherlands

That's U2 the corporate entity that are now Dutch as opposed to the individuals

According to the minidocumentary on BBC4 that came out at the time of the last Album

Adam Clayton is English but educated in Ireland and has since been naturalised as a citizen of the Republic.

The Edge is English by birth with Welsh parents and has remained one of her majesty's subjects. with a UK passport.

I can't remember what this had to do with Rangers

What an absolute clusterfuck of tear-stained madness.

I particularly enjoyed this

The elephant in the living room, if it hasn't transformed into circus due to the sheer number of elephants it appears to hold, is that Rangers have been punished repeatedly and may be further punished by various relevant bodies as appropriate to their jurisdiction and judgement. The "Wee Tax Case" was for £2.8m with £1.4m of a penalty. The withholding of PAYE, VAT and NIC brought about administration. Even if Whyte started the process, it was merely due to HMRC's impending decision to do so themselves. Administration brought a 10 point penalty and its own transfer embargo. There is also the one year exclusion from Europe for not submitting audited accounts by the deadline.

The SFA have now added a fine and a further transfer embargo. Add them up. That's six punishments. There are also potential penalties for the "Big Tax Case" and in relation to the SPL, there are cases investigating irregularities in the payment of salaries and the possible admission of a newco. These constitute another three avenues for punishment, in some cases, possibly in multiple forms such as financial restrictions, points deductions and an additional European exclusion, potentially making a total of more than ten punishments. Yet this shows no sign of satisfying the blood lust.

Err, yes. Multiple rules broken usually does mean multiple punishments :1eye

... and this ...

So that leads us to the point of all this campaigning and propagandising. The goal was simple- to eliminate the rival by all means, and it wasn't just for rivalry. It smacks of cultural ethnic cleansing.

Really? I mean, really?

Has there been any update on how Martin Bains lawsuit against Alex Thomson and channel 4 has progressed? I mean surely such a serious false allegation as knowlingly shredding documentation which would prove tax evasion would be met with a whopping big lawsuit.

Lets get one thing clear, Rangers fans are not being punished in anyway, shape or form. I hear this from many of them "why should we be punished? Its not our fault that Craig Whyte and everyone else fucked us, why should we be penalised?"

Its not a punishment to watch a team that isnt as good as it was by a transfer ban. It affects fans in no way shape or form that the club have been fined and deducted ten points.

Lets get one thing clear, Rangers fans are not being punished in anyway, shape or form. I hear this from many of them "why should we be punished? Its not our fault that Craig Whyte and everyone else fucked us, why should we be penalised?"

Its not a punishment to watch a team that isnt as good as it was by a transfer ban. It affects fans in no way shape or form that the club have been fined and deducted ten points.

Spot on.

Plenty folk seem to think their support of a club entitles them to some sort of ownership right and if the club does wrong and are punished they are also being punished. In the real world it doesn't work like that, we're just a bunch of dafties who allow an affection for a football team to take control.

Be careful what you wish for.  That was the advice McCoist offered to those of us who advocated the need for proper sanctions against Rangers FC for their years of cheating.  It is a mantra that has been taken up by many of the apologists since.

I don't share the pessimism that has developed in this thread in recent days.  Whatever the actions of the SPL chairmen I think events will dictate that Rangers' punishment will be proportional, even if it's left to the SFA, the one body that has shown a modicum of leadership.  Of course I may be wrong and the SFA may capitulate to the perceived needs of the SPL self interest.

However, whilst the SPL chairmen have been fretting over the impact of kicking Rangers out of the top league have they given any consideration to the impact of letting a newco gain admission.  What sort of Rangers will they be admitting?  Do they expect a contrite Rangers; a Rangers that will accept that they have done wrong and, in their new guise, be anxious to atone and co-operate with their fellow clubs for the greater good of the Scottish game?

No, they will be offering succour to the abusive husband who, just at the point of being bested, has once again been given his stick back.  Rangers will revert to type using their financial muscle and dominance in the league to their own advantage and to the disadvantage of those who didn't have the courage and self belief to do the right thing.

The right thing is to impose severe penalties.  Not because  it's Rangers, but because any club who is forced to liquidate as a result of years of massive financial cheating should suffer such penalties.  If it were my club, Dundee United, they would deserve to be kicked out the SPL and probably steps would already be in place to do so by know.

I'm in my late 50's and so have been following the game longer than many who have posted on this thread.  I cannot remember a more defining point in top flight Scottish football.  Whilst optimistic about the likelihood of proportionate sanctions I feel nonetheless that the words and possible actions of club chairmen will live on long after Rangers' immediate fate has been decided.  Chairmen who think they can ignore the views of their club's fans over this matter are playing a dangerous game.

It's not just the immediate prospect of supporters deserting their clubs that concerns me.  What will be the backlash over the next few seasons if (when) an unpunished Rangers start getting dodgy referee decisions due to crowd pressure or are poaching our players on the cheap?  People who did not abandon the game immediately may see the impact of no or minimal sanctions and walk away then.

The perception has been growing for some time that SKY will influence the immediate future of SPL football more than the paying fans.  If that perception becomes a reality supporters will abandon the game.  It may be a trickle rather than a flood but through time the impact will hit home.

We have all had a good laugh at Rangers' plight, many of us do not like the OF for a number of understandable reasons.  However this ultimately is not about Rangers per se but about the willingness of the Chairmen of other clubs to treat them differently because of their perceived influence and financial clout.  Pandering to Rangers may seem to be the better option than risking SPL football without them but, at best, it will be a short-term fix and one that will alienate many of the people who give tangible support to football.

The continuation of SKY money and supposedly bigger crowds because of a league that includes Rangers may be on the wish list of SPL chairmen for next year but this will come at a significant price.  As Allly McCoist says - be careful what you wish for.