Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

They'll barely know who actually plays in the Third Division, never mind the juniors.

They'll probably end up driving around looking for a place called St Mirren. "It's nae on the maps but they say it's just a few miles fae Ibrox".

We considered officially changing our name to Perth St Johnstone as our early European venture saw foreign peeps looking at maps and assuming we came from the weegie enclave of Johnstone.

Finally got round to listening to Spiers getting skewered on Off the Ball. Epic stuff. My favourite quotes:

"There is a lot of contempt and hatred towards Rangers around Scotland and let's be blunt about it, there is some justification for it"

Graham 'Succulent' Spiers

"If Scottish football has sold its' soul to a contract with Sky TV offering the permanent illusion that two clubs who are themselves utterly overrated  in world football are meant to play each other in order to maintain a circus beneath which there are often all sorts of other quite repulsive things going on, then sorry I'd actually rather watch a smaller league"

Stuart Cosgrove

Just putting this story in perspective. I'm following it from China, so I checked the BBC news application this morning.

It wasn't even one of the top UK sports stories, so I checked Scottish news. It wasn't a top story.

I know the BBC is shite, but this story is JUST NOT NEWS.

Global brand my arse.

They're expanding into Asia remember. This time next year you'll look out the window and there'll be Newco Ranjurs strips everywhere.

We considered officially changing our name to Perth St Johnstone as our early European venture saw foreign peeps looking at maps and assuming we came from the weegie enclave of Johnstone.

Reminds me of our European campaign when the magazine 442 tried to laugh at foreigners trying to look up Raith on a map. Unfortunately any feelings of superiority was lost when they stated that Raith Rovers actually play in a town called 'Fife'. Nummuts

I noticed that's the club's website address (perthstjohnstone.com). I always just presumed it was a marketing thing to make the people of Perth feel more affiliated with the club.

Folk in other lands also refer to Glasgow Rangers for this exact reason. T

hen again some of them are still trying to find Inverness on the map - they assume it is somewhere in the central belt as that is the centre of the universe.

My Australian wife could never understand how the Central Belt is entirely Central when visiting her in-laws in Wester Ross.

Is that why East Fife have Scotland on their crest? Some earlier European foray...:P

Our bairns will tell stories of a place called Mordor but call it Ibrox and say that it stood where that green ASDA now stands.

Reminds me of our European campaign when the magazine 442 tried to laugh at foreigners trying to look up Raith on a map. Unfortunately any feelings of superiority was lost when they stated that Raith Rovers actually play in a town called 'Fife'. Nummuts

The English's almost total ignorance of any Scottish always raises a chuckle and gives me much wind up material living in Englandshire. Watch any tv quiz and even the most simple question about Scotland has the contestant's eye's glazing over at the degree of difficulty they face trying to work out such as which town St Andrew's University is in.

Folk in other lands also refer to Glasgow Rangers for this exact reason. T

hen again some of them are still trying to find Inverness on the map - they assume it is somewhere in the central belt as that is the centre of the universe.

My Australian wife could never understand how the Central Belt is entirely Central when visiting her in-laws in Wester Ross.

Is that why East Fife have Scotland on their crest? Some earlier European foray...:P

Our bairns will tell stories of a place called Mordor but call it Ibrox and say that it stood where that green ASDA now stands.

lost souls still buying season books for the milk isle

standing calling everyone who buys semi skimmed a *****

The English's almost total ignorance of any Scottish always raises a chuckle and gives me much wind up material living in Englandshire. Watch any tv quiz and even the most simple question about Scotland has the contestant's eye's glazing over at the degree of difficulty they face trying to work out such as which town St Andrew's University is in.

It's in Raith isn't it? Where the Rovers play :P

I noticed that's the club's website address (perthstjohnstone.com). I always just presumed it was a marketing thing to make the people of Perth feel more affiliated with the club.

We should actually be promoting ourselves as Perthshire rather then just Perth but the web address is down to a previous web company holding onto the St Johnstone domain name when the club moved providers so they had to come up with a new one. I hope they are very happy not using it,

i now step aside

after i had thought mr green would be just leaving his bid behind now....

well charlie boy you have stuck it out a week now have you looked at them books yet

It's magic on pub quiz machines though. They try and throw out a super tough question for the money round and you end up with "which Scottish football team play their home games at Tynecastle?".

Cha-ching £££ :D

Stick 'Rangers' into google and you get the NHL side from New York.

Mention Rangers in England and it's QPR that springs to mind, although some blue bigots on here fail to believe that as they once went on holiday in England.

It's magic on pub quiz machines though. They try and throw out a super tough question for the money round and you end up with "which Scottish football team play their home games at Tynecastle?".

Cha-ching £££ :D

You cash in whilst the others are scratching their heads moaning 'but it's Scottish...how the f**k are we meant to know that?' Tee hee.

I saw it reported the other day that Charles Green's consortium consisted of big players in the Indonesian and Asian "medical worlds". This was a typographical error. it should have read "medical wards", the psycho wards that is.

Unless of course those big playears actually play for the Singapore Royal Hospital's 2nd XI, and they'll be drafted in to play as amateurs when the Big Fire Sale at The Big Hoose is finished?

Mention Rangers in England and it's QPR that springs to mind, although some blue bigots on here fail to believe that as they once went on holiday in England.

I was at a Sunderland game a few weeks ago and the only Scottish result which was read out at half time was the Berwick Rangers one.:lol:

Mention Rangers up here in five years time and it'll be the mighty Cove that springs to mind. :D