Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Saw this today in the Daily Ranger:-

Rangers in crisis: Seven Ibrox stars worth £25m can go for just £8m following pay cut deals

May 16 2012 Exclusive by Keith Jackson

RECORD SPORT can today reveal the full multi-million pound cost of the secret sweeteners handed out to Ally McCoist’s most valuable stars by Duff and Phelps.

Even by conservative estimates, the eye-watering reductions slash the current market value of seven of Ally McCoist’s first-team stalwarts from around £25million to a fixed price of less than £8m.

And these cheap-as-chips deals look set to force owner Charles Green into overseeing a painful Ibrox jumble sale this summer.

The cut-price fees are the result of trade-offs made by Duff and Phelps when McCoist’s men agreed to take whopping 75 per cent wage cuts to keep the club in business.

The full list of bargain basement buys is being circulated around clubs in England and across Europe by agents who believe their clients can make a financial killing when the transfer market opens on June 1.

Record Sport has also received explosive details of the deals which were struck behind closed doors between David Whitehouse and Paul Clark, union boss Fraser Wishart and players’ advisers.

And we can reveal skipper Steve Davis, keeper Allan McGregor, team talisman Steven Naismith, Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty, Scotland full-back Steven Whittaker, USA international Maurice Edu and Romania defender Dorin Goian are the stand-out buys likely to attract most interest from vultures circling the stricken club.

Davis can go for a knockdown £1.65m and was already being lined up for a return to former club Aston Villa before they binned boss Alex McLeish on Monday.

Villa could yet return to the table for Davis who was signed for £4m from Fulham in the summer of 2008 after an initial loan period.

At 27 and captain of his country, Rangers could expect £5m for Davis under normal circumstances.

Scotland No.1 McGregor can be picked up for a flat fee of £2m – around £6m or £7m less than the prices being bandied about when he was linked with Spurs in 2009.

A fully-fit Naismith – who has already attracted serious interest from West Brom despite not kicking a ball for most of the campaign because of a cruciate injury – would probably be marked down as the single-most valuable asset following his blistering form over the previous two campaigns.

But his sale can be triggered if a bid of just £2m is tabled, which is just £100,000 more than Rangers paid to buy him from Kilmarnock.

After copping a two-week ban from the club following a bust-up with McCoist, Lafferty appears a racing certainty to want to cash in on his clause.

The £3.5m signing from Burnley is up for grabs at just £575,000 and Record Sport understands a firm bid could be imminent.

Whittaker has also never been more highly regarded after nailing down his place as a regular in Craig Levein’s Scotland side.

But although the player Rangers bought from Hibs for £2m in August 2007 is now entering his prime and tied up on a long-term new deal he’s on the market for just £850,000.

At just £300,000, USA midfielder Edu might be viewed as the biggest bargain of the lot, given his experience of representing his country at the highest level including the World Cup in South Africa. That price represents a massive £2.3m loss on a player who was lured to Scotland four years ago in a £2.6m deal.

Goian appeared to be something of a steal last summer when McCoist picked him up for £750,000. But Rangers don’t even stand to turn a profit on the 31-year-old as his deal allows him to move on for only £500,000 should any clubs come calling over the next three months.

It had been hoped new Rangers owners might get the chance to negotiate with these players and urge them to rip up the recently redrawn contracts but Green arrived too late to open talks.

Now the man who plans to push through an £8.5m takeover of an already ravaged club could also be exposed to losing his biggest assets at fire-sale prices.

9 million for mcgregor and 5 million for davis. 3.5 mil for lafferty.....dont make me fukin laugh?!

How interesting.

And yes it is. Ive seen the figures.

In fact have a look at Harry Redknapps case for instance. How much did it cost to bring this to court? The case itself was said to run into millions to stage and the result in terms of money yield to the treasury was nil. Even for small cases the costs quite often outweigh any money gained if HMRC are successful.

That was down to the jury, not HMRC - anyone with half a brain could see that he was evading taxes. HMRC do not lose more than they win, I've seen the figures.

Selling a player would have reduced the wage bill (substantially) but also brought in money. That is fine as long as you are keeping the business as a going concern. No different from selling a company car, or office furniture.

Who would argue that getting rid of fringe (or invisible) players like Healy, Lafferty, Fleck would not be a good thing, and I would suggest that it would have made the club much more attractive to would be bidders if 20 or so of the 79 listed here had been moved on in the first few weeks of administration. Now 92 days on, they are still there waiting for their wages to be brought up to date - or else mad.gif. (read my signature!)

And the management team? All really needed? Doubt it.

But who really wants to take on this lot moving to a CVA laugh.gifor a Newco???

RANGERS SQUAD 2011/12 from SPL site

1 Allan McGregor 2 Dorin Goian 4 Kirk Broadfoot 5 Sasa Papac 6 Lee McCulloch 7 Maurice Edu 8 Steven Davis (captain 10 John Fleck 11 Kyle Lafferty 12 Lee Wallace14 Steven Naismith 15 David Healy 16 Steven Whittaker 18 Carlos Bocanegra 20 Matt McKay 21 Alejandro Bedoya 22 Kyle Bartley 25 Neil Alexander 26 Jamie Ness 28 Salim Kerkar 30 Scott Gallacher 31 Grant Adam 32 Ross Perry 34 Andrew Little 35 Kyle Hutton 36 Darren Cole 37 Christoper Hegarty 38 Kane Hemmings39 Gordon Dick 40 Andrew Mitchell 41 Rhys McCabe42 Kal Naismith 46 Kamil Wiktorski 47 Tom Skogsrud 48 Kim Skogsrud 49 Kyle McAusland 51 Blair Currie 52 Ewan McNeil 53 Anthony Marenghi 54 Robert Crawford 55 Adam Hunter 56 Adel Gafaiti 57 Gregor Fotheringham 58 Lewis MacLeod 59 Sam McMahon60 Joshua Robinson 61 Jack Werndly 62 Callum Wyllie 63 Fredrik Espling 64 Marc Dyer 65 Robbie McIntyre 66 Matthew Clarke 70 Jordan Wilson 71 Stuart Urquhart 74 Andrew Murdoch 76 Darren Ramsay 79 Jamie Burrows

79? Seventy .. fucking ... nine!

And not one compulsory redundancy? Wheres Richard Wilson when you need him?

Insane, innit? One might argue that they're not taking this administration malarkey seriously.

Surely not! Erm... McCoist, Durrant, MacDowall, Stewart... all still there. Nearly forgot - does having a gobshite in the role of 'club ambassador' pay a wage too?

yeah contray to popuar belief rangers have had the biggest squad in the spl for the last 5 years by a mile...you wouldnt belive it listening to some rangers fans though..guy on SSB last night going on about how celtic won the leauge easy because their squad is 10 times the size of rangers.......thatll be 790 players then?!

There's not 79 players in that list though. Plenty missing numbers. <_<

(57 - Doctor Chist beat me to it)

Edited by Hipster Dufus

There's not 79 players in that list though. Plenty missing numbers. <_<

(57 - Doctor Chist beat me to it)

I'm amazed they manage to put a team on the pitch most weeks. How do they do it? One bout of flu through Ibrox and they'd be scunnered.

If I was a Ger I'd be livid at having such a tiny squad.

RANGERS SQUAD 2011/12 from SPL site

1 Allan McGregor 2 Dorin Goian 4 Kirk Broadfoot 5 Sasa Papac 6 Lee McCulloch 7 Maurice Edu 8 Steven Davis (captain 10 John Fleck 11 Kyle Lafferty 12 Lee Wallace14 Steven Naismith 15 David Healy 16 Steven Whittaker 18 Carlos Bocanegra 20 Matt McKay 21 Alejandro Bedoya 22 Kyle Bartley 25 Neil Alexander 26 Jamie Ness 28 Salim Kerkar 30 Scott Gallacher 31 Grant Adam 32 Ross Perry 34 Andrew Little 35 Kyle Hutton 36 Darren Cole 37 Christoper Hegarty 38 Kane Hemmings39 Gordon Dick 40 Andrew Mitchell 41 Rhys McCabe42 Kal Naismith 46 Kamil Wiktorski 47 Tom Skogsrud 48 Kim Skogsrud 49 Kyle McAusland 51 Blair Currie 52 Ewan McNeil 53 Anthony Marenghi 54 Robert Crawford 55 Adam Hunter 56 Adel Gafaiti 57 Gregor Fotheringham 58 Lewis MacLeod 59 Sam McMahon60 Joshua Robinson 61 Jack Werndly 62 Callum Wyllie 63 Fredrik Espling 64 Marc Dyer 65 Robbie McIntyre 66 Matthew Clarke 70 Jordan Wilson 71 Stuart Urquhart 74 Andrew Murdoch 76 Darren Ramsay 79 Jamie Burrows

It's like one of those episodes of Hoarders.

"Do you really need Kyle Laffery?"

"Ohhh yes I got him in a charity shop I can't throw him out I need him."

"What about Lee McCulloch then?"

"I'm I'm not putting him in the skip I've had him for years."

"You're not doing very well Mr Whitehouse you're up to your neck you just can't keep all this stuff ....no no your neck not your knees...do stop singing that song David you know it's banned.

Kyle Bartley?...right you're willing to put him in the maybe pile...well that's a bit of progress....good lad.

Ian Durrant now you definately don't need him ...put him over there with the cereal boxes and the old dish towels....what do you mean hes' one of set of 3 and you can't break them up? .....ohhh for heaven's sake.

Ohhh I have to get out the stench is overwhelming !

We'll be back to see if David's made any progress next week....what's that David? ..tell them lunch time....arghhh.

yeah contray to popuar belief rangers have had the biggest squad in the spl for the last 5 years by a mile...you wouldnt belive it listening to some rangers fans though..guy on SSB last night going on about how celtic won the leauge easy because their squad is 10 times the size of rangers.......thatll be 790 players then?!

Celtic won the league easy because their main rivals had a 10 point deduction and went into administration as the 2 clubs were neck and neck in the title race and their wage bill is more than 10 times higher than the 3rd placed club as a result of the exploitation of sectarianism and match officials were scared to book their players and give fouls against them due to the sectarian intimdation put on them by the club.

And even then they still managed to only limp home, get stuffed in Europe at the first hurdle twice and get punped out of the cups by Kilmarnock & Hearts !:lol:

What a disaster of a season for Celtic. Pointing & laughing at you! :lol: