Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Not a problem. The St Mirren supporter who runs the Renfrewshire Division keeps me up to date with all that is happening. Not 1 Rangers supporter in the Renfrewshire Division :P

Nae point in joining the army if you're already in the SAS.

Questions:

With all agreed that a CVA is unlikely, what avenues do the creditors have to stop a newco?

Does a winding up order prevent this?

Can D+P still be removed as they are punting the club with an eye on a newco, therefore not in the interests of the creditors?

Personally I still think RFC are fecked terminally but I dont know how it can play out. The requirement that SPL clubs need a Uefa licence is comforting that a newco would be in the SFL at best but it seems to have been underplayed of late. Could the SPL change this without Uefa going tits or incurring sanctions themselves?

the thing i don't understand about the cha, is that if the new owners have 8.5 mill, then why aren't rangers forced to sell assets to the tune of the balance or at least closer to the balance i.e. 60p in the £.

If they were forced to sell murray park, the land around ibrox they own, alan mcgregor, naismith, aluko, davis etc then that would surely get them a bit closer to paying their debts. Seems to me that the CVA is just continued avoidance of paying tax.

Green: My lawyers are saying, 'This is a risk'. But it's a risk just crossing the road."

Oh dear. Obviously he doesn't appreciate that this road is like the the M1 where nae c**t's going to suddenly stop for him.

Edited by Hedgecutter

the thing i don't understand about the cha, is that if the new owners have 8.5 mill, then why aren't rangers forced to sell assets to the tune of the balance or at least closer to the balance i.e. 60p in the £.

If they were forced to sell murray park, the land around ibrox they own, alan mcgregor, naismith, aluko, davis etc then that would surely get them a bit closer to paying their debts. Seems to me that the CVA is just continued avoidance of paying tax.

Get with the program FFS! How on earth can the challenge for the champions league next season without at least these players and adding a bit of extra quality.

What I worry about is they go the Newco route and all the sanctions and opprobrium gets heaped upon the Oldco. The Newco is admitted to the SPL as a squeaky-clean entity, free of debts and promising faithfully never ever to be naughty again. The media hype this up as a new start, the sheet wiped clean etc. Then new rules are drawn up - "lessons learnt" etc to ensure that "sporting integrity is key from here on in".

Get with the program FFS! How on earth can the challenge for the champions league next season without at least these players and adding a bit of extra quality.

Spot on. They couldn't even face having a weakened squad since Feb 14, and unlike other administrations, not one... let's repeat that, not ONE compulsory redundancy was made by the dynamic administration duo, who can now scarper double-quick like, and leave the mess to some other sucker.

You could just feel it oozing from Rangers the moment they entered administration - the arrogance, the denial, the horror that Celtic might put 6 or 7 past a team of kids and older pros.

Cnuts. Hammer them.

I've attempted trying to catch up from what I've missed since Saturday morning, but I'd get absolutely no work done today if I did. I've skimmed through a few pages, but as far as I can see, nothing has changed since then. We're basically back to where we were with the Miller bid before he pulled out, only as soon as this Green Chunt pulls out, the big L should be announced. Am I right, or have I missed something important?

Yes, yes you have!

According to just about every bit of media I have seen since yesterday Green has "bought the club", so let's all move along, nothing to see here…

What I worry about is they go the Newco route and all the sanctions and opprobrium gets heaped upon the Oldco. The Newco is admitted to the SPL as a squeaky-clean entity, free of debts and promising faithfully never ever to be naughty again. The media hype this up as a new start, the sheet wiped clean etc. Then new rules are drawn up - "lessons learnt" etc to ensure that "sporting integrity is key from here on in".

Yes, we all worry about that - on two grounds. One, they are the people, and two, the SPL chairmen are bawbags.

As this saga has unfolded though, the prospect of a completely squeaky-clean and 'got away with it' Rangers has receeded. Greatly... and there's a lot more shit still to hit the fan.

1336985234[/url]' post='6234294']

Yes, we all worry about that - on two grounds. One, they are the people, and two, the SPL chairmen are bawbags.

As this saga has unfolded though, the prospect of a completely squeaky-clean and 'got away with it' Rangers has receeded. Greatly... and there's a lot more shit still to hit the fan.

Before that tribunal judgement was made public on Friday, I thought they might get away with it. Now I'm feeling more positive that the authorities might have some baws about the whole thing.

And yes, so much worse to come. Good times.

Thought Kennedy from the BKs made a total fud of himself the other day and exposed himself as a phoney,,,he said this is nothing to do with Brian Kennedy of Paul Murray or Douglas park it's all about rangers its all about saving this club it's all about rangers,,,then he was asked would he join Greens bid if asked....NO!... :lol::o

I think it depends on the football entity and how that is handled. If the SPL share and "goodwill" is transferred to the newco, then any footballing sanctions will transfer too.

However, if the oldco is liquidated and the football entity dies with it, then the newco would indeed be a squeaky clean, genuinely, new club. However, I believe, that a new club would then need 3 years accounts to apply for an SFA membership, meaning they couldnt even play in Division 3 for at least 3 years.

I wouldnt imagine the second scenario is all that likely, though. D&P have already made noises about the sale of assets having already been agreed to a newco in the event of the CVA being refused.

If they are using the "Miller Time" model, then as I understand it , the creditors will have the option of accepting a CVA or getting nothing as Rangers assets will be transferred to NEWCO and will be untouchable. The BTC applies to the old co which will have come out of administration through the CVA. In this respect newco can't be liable. I hope I am wrong.

edited for grammar

Edited by madmitch