Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can someone tell me about the political landscape in the rangers support. Is this just a new split within them or has there always been this kind of factionalism?

I'm sure someone will correct me, but here's some massive generalisations:

1. RangersMediars (follow the club and "tradition")
  2. FollowFollowers (follow Mark Dingwall and "tradition").
  3. Are in it for footballing reasons only, not the "tradition", and generally dislike groups 1 and 2.

I'm sure there's a religious analogy to be made where Mark Dingwall ends up as the pope, but I wouldn't know how to make it :)

Again, massive generalisations being made here, but that's how I see it.

Edited by Huistrinho

And all this figures are now three months out of date as well are they not? The debt must be higher by now.

Pretty sure that the admins can't trade at a loss. They had 3.5 million in the bank at the point of admin.

...and then you wake up and weep.

Nope..That doesn't happen before i watch the Scottish news and yet another deadline has passed..another bidder has pulled...Craig Whyte is still hanging around like a bad smell. Only then do i get really depressed

When this is all over you will all be too busy in the 'RANGERS CHEATING b*****dS' thread where you will be consoling each other after Rangers have walked away from all this through a CVA. Telling each other how you are never ever ever going to set foot in another Scottish Football ground. Arguing about who has the worst Chairman...How Scottish football is fucked etc etc etc.

Now that is a thread i dream about at night ;)

If they do get away with a CVA, what do you think the future will be like for Greatly Reduced Rangers, No 8? I've no doubt guys like you will continue to support your team, but with GRR in the SPL celtic have their adversary in place to gloat over and can continue pretty much as they are. It's likely that 9 in a row Part III would be on the cards. How do you see those early years in terms of support turning out at ibrox?

I'm sure someone will correct me, but here's some massive generalisations:

1. RangersMediars (follow the club and "tradition")
  2. FollowFollowers (follow Mark Dingwall and "tradition").
  3. Are in it for footballing reasons only, not the "tradition", and generally dislike groups 1 and 2.

I'm sure there's a religious analogy to be made where Mark Dingwall ends up as the pope, but I wouldn't know how to make it :)

Again, massive generalisations being made here, but that's how I see it.

As long as nobody using another stupid rape metaphor story.:(

Chants for when Rangers die and come back as newco please. I'll start with the obvious but very satisfying: "You're Not Rangers Anymore" to the tune of Bread of Heaven.

"You Were The People" - too subtle?

A bit more info on Charles Green from the Herald. My link. Not too much there on his business dealings that we hadn't already found out. I wonder if Nigel Spackman is his idea of a rangers legend to get involved to bring the fans on side!

FORMER Sheffield United chief executive Charles Green is in the running to buy Rangers after it emerged that he was fronting an English-based consortium bidding for the stricken football club.

The 58-year-old venture capitalist entered the race after US truck tycoon Bill Miller, who was named as a preferred bidder with an £11.2 million bid last week, pulled out on Tuesday.

Little is known about the rest of Mr Green's consortium, but it is understood there are links to Singapore, though there is no association with rival Singoporean bidder Bill Ng.

Mr Green's business dealings are also obscure. He became director of London-registered Sevco 5088 Ltd on May 4, just prior to Mr Miller being named preferred bidder for Rangers. However, it is unclear to date what Sevco's operations are.

The company was formed on March 29 with its address is listed at the London law firm Field Fisher Waterhouse, but a search for information on business directories notes that "this company has not yet filed a description of their activities".

Mr Green is also a non-executive chairman at Nova Resources Limited, an investment company incorporated in Bermuda which operates mainly in Singapore and Mongolia. He was appointed to the post in January

He had also been chairman of London-based construction services firm, the Formation Group plc, but resigned the post in February, and has previously held a number of directorial positions including chief executive officer of medical research firm, Source BioScience Plc. He was also business development director at Texas Group Plc where he orchestrated the purchase by Texas of a controlling stake in British diesel engines manufacturer, L Gardner, which was floated on the official list in November 1995.

News that Mr Green, who lives in the South Yorkshire mining village of Goldthorpe, had tabled a bid for the beleaguered Ibrox side has sparked ominous warnings from former business associates and Sheffield United fans.

One former colleague, speaking to The Herald's sister paper, the Evening Times, on condition of anonymity, said simply: "Don't let that man anywhere near Rangers or football."

Records held by Companies House reveal that nine of the companies Mr Green has been involved with in the past have been dissolved, while he has a track record of moving very quickly between posts, having resigned a total of 31 different appointments during his career.

Among Sheffield United fans, he is remembered as a "hatchet man" who sold off some of the club's most valuable players before resigning as chief executive in 1998 amid outrage from supporters.

His stint at Bramall Lane saw United listed on the stock exchange in 1997 to raise funds, but just months later top strikers Brian Deane and Jan Aage Fjortoft were sold off, closely followed by Scottish midfielder Don Hutchison.

The loss of key players eventually culminated in the resignation of manager Nigel Spackman, with fans blaming Mr Green for the side's failure to achieve promotion into the English Premiership.

United messageboards buzzed with dire warnings for Rangers fans should Mr Green take the helm at Ibrox, with one fan writing: "As if things couldn't get any worse, up pops Charles Green", while another noted simply that his short tenure left their club "in a mess".

His last association with football was as chairman of the Chesire-based football agency Proactive Sports, which boasted a number of leading stars on its books, including Andy Cole, Stan Collymore and Wayne Rooney. Mr Green left Proactive in 2003.

Reading some earlier posts about people possibly being in pole position to lay intellectual claim to starting up any Rangers Newco - it appears to be a sordid cast of chancers who include the media whore Brian 'Don't want to be involved but will if no-one else can be arsed' Kennedy, and some fat cnut Rangers supporters rep', who appears to be about as popular with Rangers supporters as Ross Tokely at the St Mirren supporters end-of-season dinner.

Best of luck.

Nope..That doesn't happen before i watch the Scottish news and yet another deadline has passed..another bidder has pulled...Craig Whyte is still hanging around like a bad smell. Only then do i get really depressed

Yes, denial is clearly your only hope, I agree.

If they do get away with a CVA, what do you think the future will be like for Greatly Reduced Rangers, No 8? I've no doubt guys like you will continue to support your team, but with GRR in the SPL celtic have their adversary in place to gloat over and can continue pretty much as they are. It's likely that 9 in a row Part III would be on the cards. How do you see those early years in terms of support turning out at ibrox?

There will be a support in the region of 25,000ish regardless if we are in the SPL. There are quite a few that will use this as an excuse to stop going just as there are many of the 'other' clubs supporters that will do like wise. People have become totally disillusioned with Scottish football and the cost of seeing sub standard football. We just have to switch on Sky Sports to watch Chelsea,Man Utd,Man City,Barca and Real Madrid and it only reinforces the belief that the product in Scotland is shockingly bad at the moment. I do not blame anybody for turning their back on the game at the prices we are forced to pay!!

Obvioulsy it depends who we keep...Outcome of the tribunal on Wednesday...Financial penalties etc..I will keep going to the games pretty much regardless and TBH i am looking forward to seeing the young lads given a chance. Can it be any worse than the early 80s? I don't think it will be if we get out through the CVA route we should be able to keep 1 or 2 decent players. I might be a little optimistic but i am hoping we keep Bocanegra, Wallace,Davis,Edu,Naismith...add to that Alexander,Broadfoot,Perry,Ness,McCabe,Aluko,Bedoya,Ortiz and Little and we have a pretty strong team that should be strong enough to put in a challenge. We will have lost McGregor,Papac,Goian,McCulloch,Whittaker and Lafferty...all top earners.

celtic will be strong favourites for the next couple of seasons but they still have Lennon as manager and a board that are only willing to spend what is needed to stay ahead of Rangers. 9 in a row is so far away it is not even worth thinking about now...ask me again in 6 years and i might be having more sleepless nights.

Rangers Media has a poll started yesterday re what is more important, the history or the future....at the mo its 66% for the future.

OP has a classic though

Once again, thank you David Murray, thank you for everything, I hope you get whats coming to you. I will make a point of dancing on your grave, on my way home from a Rangers game in years to come.

'I don't get the Blue Knights and their posturing as wannabe saviours of Rangers. Kennedy is worth about £250 million and Douglas Park £80 million. Not sure what wealth Ian Hart, Paul Murray and Scott Murdoch have (or to be honest what they do).

Wouldn't have been hard for them to have matched the bid which Miller had accepted if they had wanted to.

Murray (Sir David), like him or loathe him, during his time at Ibrox poured a large amount of his (well BOS's) money into the place. When it came to share issues that, unlike those across the city, were poorly supported by regular fans he ended up buying most of the shares himself. It strikes me that the Blue Knights are just like those regular fans happy to buy a ticket, happy to bask in the glory but not willing to actually invest in their club. '

Douglas Park is one of the SFA's sponsors (Parks of Hamilton) so maybe the Rangers' fans massive boycott has diminished his wealth...

People have become totally disillusioned with Scottish football and the cost of seeing sub standard football. We just have to switch on Sky Sports to watch Chelsea,Man Utd,Man City,Barca and Real Madrid and it only reinforces the belief that the product in Scotland is shockingly bad at the moment.

Aye, I'm forever sitting watching a St Mirren v Dundee United, or Aberdeen game, and bemoaning the fact that Barca, Man City, and Real Madrid are better. Pure gets me down so it does. Also, Scottish SPL football is not shockingly bad - my own team are definitely better than in any of our previous SPL seasons, and teams like Motherwell and Kilmarnock have come to our place and played some really good football.

I'm not disillusioned at all - I'm actually feeling quite chipper about seeing if we can improve again next season. The only fly in the ointment is our manager apparently being another one with his nose shoved up Rangers arse, and the possibility still existing that our BOD could vote in favour of a disgraceful institution like Rangers being allowed to 'get away with it'.

Other than that, looking forward to season 2012/13.