Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm off for lunch, but before I go....

66.That shortly before 19 September 2011 Mr Ken Olverman was awarethat Rangers FC were due to make a payment to HMRC in respect of PAYE income tax, National Insurance Contributions and Value addedTax. On making enquiry with Mr Craig Whyte about said payments,he was not authorised to make the payment which was therefore notpaid on the due date. Upon his expressing his concern to Mr CraigWhyte Mr Ken Olverman was in due course instructed that paymentsto HMRC were to be suspended and withheld. At the time of the first withheld payment in September 2011 Rangers FC’s financial situation was such that it could have made the payment due to HMRC

Basically, as far it sounds as if all the other directors were pretty much frozen out after Whyte took over and he ran the whole club as a dictatorship. None of the other directors made anywhere near enough noise about it though!

So TBK have not had their offer accepted and have pulled out. What a surprise...

It's also wrong. If you've been knocked back, it doesn't mean you had the choice, it means 'no thanks'. You can't 'claim' to pull out when you've been told GTF

Only 5 page jump from this morning. I'm guessing today''s lamb is a bit tough?

The candle-lit vigil for the govanites continues......

Nil by mouth Nursey.......

the FANS need to know. totally bolloks of course, but im sure that kinda populist gesturing will get a fair hearing in our media

Unfortunately so. All the fans needed was Rangers to say, "we know and, in accordance with the rules we voted for, the panel will remain anonymous"

Early on in this process ordinary punters (i.e. us) were being largely ignored. However as pressure grew, the survey of fans gained publicity and people started writing letters and sending e-mails to their club chairmen it became more difficult to ignore us. Anyone who has listened to Sportsound or read the tabloids over the last few weeks will have realised that despite the likes of Young and Traynor the message was finally breaking through.

I would like to think that the realisation in the football establishment about depth of feeling amongst fans will go a long way to making it difficult for this appeal panel to overturn the initial findings and penalties.

So, what youre saying is P&B saved Scottish football? That should be worth a few more advertising dollars 8)

Is that English lot the hoods that tried to buy Raith and then us?

Highly, highly unlikely. The lot that were sniffing around Raes shares had no money

A bit more...

Matt Slater ‏ @mattslaterbbc

I'm told (& not just by D&P) that there is just, JUST, enough time for CVA but bidder will need to fund #RFC thru summer...

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

and

..I'm also told HMRC has been kept in loop with developments & has a big powwow of its own this afternoon #RFC

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Ooooh, the clock ticks towards 3pm

Brian Kennedy is holding a press conference in Glasgow, probably at 3. He's suggesting an interesting name will be there too #RFC

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Leonard Van Cockslug?

the FANS need to know. totally bolloks of course, but im sure that kinda populist gesturing will get a fair hearing in our media

Yeah as in - the fans kneed to know who these people are (and where they work and live so they can exert hate and bile and threats of vengeful retribution)

Fat Sally knew, the worst bit is - he knew what he was doing and why - a simple moral choice that he knew was wrong. And he's unapologetic. He's a twat.

It's also wrong. If you've been knocked back, it doesn't mean you had the choice, it means 'no thanks'. You can't 'claim' to pull out when you've been told GTF

Not entirely right. I see it as them handing over a crumpled £5 note and some dross, to be told that they don't have enough by the cashier, so they decide "well I can't spend anymore, cause I need the rest for my busfare home. I'll just have to give up, altogether then."

In other words, I see this as them pulling out of the race altogether because they can't improve their offer, no?