Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sun

f**k it's in The Sun with no one quoted. It must be true. rolleyes.gif

Fantastic, all they need to do now is placate Ticketus (by, presumably, letting the ticket deal stand, therefore losing their main source of revenue: with no European football), HMRC (by presumably, coughing up a large sum in this mythical CVA) and then cross their fingers that they win the Big Tax Case. Oh wait? Did they forget about that or did Duff and Phelps not mention it?

What businessman in their right mind would pass a CVA just before a massive great tax bill gets landed on the recently cleared-up business? With HMRC then accounting for as near as 100% of the new Creditors List? And no money left to pay it?

wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Heard this from a few blue nose freinds regarding player contracts.

If for example Mcgregor was valued by the club at £10 million, and he took a 75% pay cut he can leave for £2.5 million, same goes for the rest, whatever percentage drop they took is what they can get taken off their transfer price. Seems crazy to me but apparently the club were that desperate and were assured that a buyer would come in quickly that that was the deal offered

Heard this from a few blue nose freinds regarding player contracts.

If for example Mcgregor was valued by the club at £10 million, and he took a 75% pay cut he can leave for £2.5 million, same goes for the rest, whatever percentage drop they took is what they can get taken off their transfer price. Seems crazy to me but apparently the club were that desperate and were assured that a buyer would come in quickly that that was the deal offered

The club's valuation ought to be utterly irrelevant. The market value of these fire sale goods ought to have plummeted. Clubs know Rangers have days to live and will make their bids accordingly.

They'd be as good as ripping up the contracts: which is what Duff and Phelps should have done three months ago.

Some facts

The SPL has the 7th highest top flight average attendance in Europe.

Average attendances in the SPL are bigger than the top flights of Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Norway, Austria, Denmark, Ukraine, Sweden, Greece, Romainia, Czech Rep.

If you exclude the Old Firm's average home gates, the SPL would still have a higher average gate than the top flights of Denmark, Sweden, Greece, Romania & Czech Rep (and on a par with Austria).

The Scottish First Division has higher average home gates than the top flights in Serbia, Slovakia, Finland, Croatia & Bulgaria.

The Scottish First Division has average gates which are more than 50% higher than the top flight in Ireland.

The Scottish Second Division has higher average gates than the top flights in Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Montenegro, Armenia & Georgia.

A good post that I think seems to bypass most of the Scottish Media including Speirs on Saturday which he got rightly ripped to shreds for. I think for a country of our size the attendances we get at matches is quite impressive and you can be sure that most supporters of Non-Old Firm clubs would still stick around even if Rangers do go under even more reporters may go to watch these clubs with a greater chance of winning trophies and without the atmosphere that the old firm bring. Our average attendances (without the Old Firm) would still be very healthy in terms of our standing in Europe and as an attractive proposition to the TV companies.

Our forum has a "performance mode" which allows us to switch off all the graphics and go in text only mode if the board goes crazy busy.

It could be used for the first time in the coming couple of weeks......

Our forum has a "performance mode" which allows us to switch off all the graphics and go in text only mode if the board goes crazy busy.

It could be used for the first time in the coming couple of weeks......

Plans in place to deal with AmusingGIFageddon. I feel reassured.

Some facts

Average attendances in the SPL are bigger than the top flights of Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Poland, Norway, Austria, Denmark, Ukraine, Sweden, Greece, Romainia, Czech Rep.

If you exclude the Old Firm's average home gates, the SPL would still have a higher average gate than the top flights of Denmark, Sweden, Greece, Romania & Czech Rep (and on a par with Austria).

The Scottish First Division has higher average home gates than the top flights in Serbia, Slovakia, Finland, Croatia & Bulgaria.

The Scottish First Division has average gates which are more than 50% higher than the top flight in Ireland.

The Scottish Second Division has higher average gates than the top flights in Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Montenegro, Armenia & Georgia.

Could you write for the Dailly Record instead of Traynor?

I don't know why it's always the Irish league that is used as the comparison.

I like pointing out to them that Shamrock Rovers out-performed all our teams in Europe this season so it might be good for our co-efficient.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, tbf.

I think for a country of our size the attendances we get at matches is quite impressive and you can be sure that most supporters of Non-Old Firm clubs would still stick around even if Rangers do go under even

They're very impressive. We've the 3rd highest attendances per capita in Europe after Iceland and Cyprus (interesting that it's the 2 islands). Even without Rangers - we'd still be 3rd from memory... without both OF - we'd be 6th.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Some facts

And just to add to this for those who claim the SPL'll turn into the Welsh league, the Scottish Third Division has higher average gates than the League of Wales.

I disagree the guy went all the way to being preferred bidder and does not seem to have had any clue about football, Rangers or their financial position. He had access to a 'data room' prior to being appointed preferred bidder and should have known then. He just speculated on Rangers for me and didn't even pay the exclusivity fee to show he was serious. Furthermore I don't buy that he didn't have a passport. He runs an international business and probably takes 'vacation' overseas. that was just an excuse for not coming to Scotland any time soon. Someone with his money can probably get a passport in 24 hrs if needed.

And I know Man Utd are a much more prestigious club, the point I was making is that successful businessmen are not that thin skinned that they would let a couple of folk with a banner scare them off. Though I accept that the emails sent him seem to have been totally out of order.

Its all about the money with these guys.

Jeezzo! Wake u and smell the coffee!

And just to add to this for those who claim the SPL'll turn into the Welsh league, the Scottish Third Division has higher average gates than the League of Wales.

What I can't understand is that these attendances facts are found simply with one click after typing "european football attendances" into google, cut and paste into excel then sort.

Why is it that the media in Scotland doesn't highlight these easily found facts?