Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

East Fife supporter my arse!!...Joined in April and made 123 posts and all on this thread.

This administration of Duff and Phelps has been a complete con, and had one aim, to get past the last game of the season. All their pissing about, going softly softly on radical cutbacks etc, are just to spin things out until Sunday / Monday next week, when surpise surprise, a new group will take over. I'm convinsing myself this has been some glorious Master Plan of Whyte from day one.

More D&P Pish

Christ, we're back to the old 'deliverable' proposals line.

Do these guys genuinely believe that we are taken in by a single word they utter. You have to credit them with having some front, right enough. They've singularly failed to progress matters more than the length of a uncurled bawhair, yet they continue to pontificate as if they possess mystical skills in alchemy. Surely HMRC will have decided that enough is enough, and will be steaming in to court to have these halfwits launched into touch?

So, they expect us to believe they can achieve in 3 working days what they couldn't do in 12 weeks?

I take it they have signed up the lovely Debbie McGhee to assist them?

Has it been established exactly which date is 'the end of the season'? Is there one specific date for all of Scottish football or are there various ones depending upon when the SFL, SPL or SFA's last games are played?

Has it been established exactly which date is 'the end of the season'? Is there one specific date for all of Scottish football or are there various ones depending upon when the SFL, SPL or SFA's last games are played?

As long as it takes. Back in line, rhebel.

Good to see now "Tomo" is on the case, we don't have any breathless half-baked "sensational news just around the corner" type reporting.

What next? The Alex Cameron "I have the names of the English bidders in a sealed envelope in my drawer"?

Dear oh dear....

I think you've answered your own question, havent you? Whats the difference between access to draftees and the tv revenue, or the SPL prize money? European qualification, even? Conversely, the whats the difference between the SPL entrance criteria, like 6000 seater stadia and "pitch protection"? All of these make the SPL an "isolated league.

Well, the Prize Money and European Qualification are based entirely on merit - that's the point. Those things don't make it isolated, they're just the result of being the top tier of the structure. In fact the ability to qualify for European Competition indicate that it's not isolated at all, and forms part of an overall "world" of football.

The entrance criteria are arguably at odds with the notion of merit. I understand why they are there but it's certainly clear that they can prohibit true merit based progress in a purely sporting sense (although ability to achieve those criteria while also performing well enough to qualify could be considered merits in their own right).

Where players are concerned though, I think the actual participants of the sport are different here. Every club should have equal opportunity to access and/or produce players to participate for that club. It's a contradiction to me to say "you only get access to good players by being good enough in the first place" (or in a draft, conversely by saying "you earn access to better players by, erm, not performing well enough in the first place"). The point of the game is that it's the players who earn the right to prize money for their club, and to participate in European Football. If we shouldn't rig the teams that are in the league, then surely we shouldn't rig the players in it either!

Many fans are now panicking that time will run out to save the future of the club but three bidders are now at the table - two of them new - and the administrators believe they can work a deal with one of them.

David Whitehouse told the BBC: "It's certainly possible to get a deal done. I think whether we can say that is likely, we will be in a better position to say that tomorrow lunchtime.

My link

As long as it takes. Back in line, rhebel.

Sounds like the affects of the 3am feeds are kicking in FS...and they'll be even worse now young FS is on the scene.

Whitehouse also claimed owner Craig Whyte has also reached an agreement to transfer his shares to a UK-based consortium, a requirement for a Company Voluntary Arrangement

My link

"If you don't invest heavily in the player squad, and you accept that you're going to compete competitively at simply domestic level over the next 12-24 months, it is quite easy to see a break-even model.

"But to achieve that break-even model, you have to be comfortable that the fans are going to turn up and renew season tickets and you're going to get that core revenue through the gate receipts.

"On a core trading model, there isn't a cash deficit unless you invest in players or unless you assume that there's going to be a deterioration in gate receipts."

in other words, unless yo're going to take the losses on the chin you'll have to sell the whole squad, win fvck all and pray that the orcs continue to buy season tickets because they "arra peepul".

Edited by pansypotterthedirtyrotter

1336570001[/url]' post='6217304']

The downside of Rangers going out of existence is that from now until eternity, Celtic fans will assume that all diddy club fans used to be Rangers fans and only started supporting Motherwell/Hearts/St Mirren/whoever in summer 2012.

Maybe, but one of the best thing about this whole saga for me is that it has once and for all put to bed the lingering idea that certain, ahem, *skeptical* Celtic fans held that supporters of certain diddy teams contained a large number of bears without bus fare and were a Rangers Territorial reserve formation. Surely even the most paranoid Tim now has to acknowledge that almost to a man you were telling the truth all along and you really, really hate them just as much as you hate us. It will make it hard to make judgements unless a newly minted Motherwell fan has a badly covered over Rangers tattoo visble methinks. That SPL fan survey was pretty definitive.

On the draft thing, it's almost certainly illegal under EU law. The whole point of the draft is to give exclusive negotiating rights to a single club without the consent of the player. Under the current system youth players sign papers, but to work a draft has to force a player to either sign with one club or not play even though he is not under contract - I.e. exactly the Bosman situation which was ruled illegal. The US doesn't have this so the MLS can get away with a quasi draft.

Well, the Prize Money and European Qualification are based entirely on merit - that's the point. Those things don't make it isolated, they're just the result of being the top tier of the structure. In fact the ability to qualify for European Competition indicate that it's not isolated at all, and forms part of an overall "world" of football.

The entrance criteria are arguably at odds with the notion of merit. I understand why they are there but it's certainly clear that they can prohibit true merit based progress in a purely sporting sense (although ability to achieve those criteria while also performing well enough to qualify could be considered merits in their own right).

Where players are concerned though, I think the actual participants of the sport are different here. Every club should have equal opportunity to access and/or produce players to participate for that club. It's a contradiction to me to say "you only get access to good players by being good enough in the first place" (or in a draft, conversely by saying "you earn access to better players by, erm, not performing well enough in the first place"). The point of the game is that it's the players who earn the right to prize money for their club, and to participate in European Football. If we shouldn't rig the teams that are in the league, then surely we shouldn't rig the players in it either!

Again, I wouldnt disagree with any of this, necessarily. But the questions still remains, why is this any different to in a franchise model? They still have leagues and prize money based on merit, but a draft system designed to try and promote competitiveness. And is that not, after all, what everyone wants? What the OF have been complaining about for years? What the other clubs have over spent trying to achieve? Is that not the argument against league expansion, that there would be too many "meaningless" fixtures?

Maybe, but one of the best thing about this whole saga for me is that it has once and for all put to bed the lingering idea that certain, ahem, *skeptical* Celtic fans held that supporters of certain diddy teams contained a large number of bears without bus fare and were a Rangers Territorial reserve formation. Surely even the most paranoid Tim now has to acknowledge that almost to a man you were telling the truth all along and you really, really hate them just as much as you hate us. It will make it hard to make judgements unless a newly minted Motherwell fan has a badly covered over Rangers tattoo visble methinks. That SPL fan survey was pretty definitive.

On the draft thing, it's almost certainly illegal under EU law. The whole point of the draft is to give exclusive negotiating rights to a single club without the consent of the player. Under the current system youth players sign papers, but to work a draft has to force a player to either sign with one club or not play even though he is not under contract - I.e. exactly the Bosman situation which was ruled illegal. The US doesn't have this so the MLS can get away with a quasi draft.

Plus the relevant sports (NFL) etc operate in only one country and can organise accordingly. Fitba is global and players are a global commodity. US style franchise/draft etc won't work in fitba.

Anyway, RFC GTF ken.

Rangers fans could take over the big club by chipping in all their gold sovereign rings, chains and their xxxl rangers tat at cash for clothes venues. Coupled with the billions that ra exiled people have collected, world domination beckons........

Where were these guys when Whyte was the only sucker wanting to buy Rangers?

Now 1 year later the club is millions more in debt and been passed around like a cheap hooker they want in.

Yeah that all sounds legit to me.

Top tip for the Baron Knights - "Tax Free" is running in the 15.05 at Chester races. With odds currently @8/1, if they put their reported £1.5m on it and their kuddy comes up trumphs, then they could afford to get back in the bidding again!

Won by "Confessional" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Denzil