Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Follow Follow, the queue will be huge.

You'll be be right behind us (again) if it does happen.

Claudio Caniggia anyone? Part of the EBTs and double payments from both clubs?

Smiling now?

When this investigated your club will be in the mire as well.

tongue.gif

I'll be more concerned when you can inform me of this impending doom in coherent english, and if you could also explain why your demise will have any sort of knock-on effect whatsoever to a First Division club, that'd be grand.

As for Caniggia :lol:

Your desperation amuses me greatly, so yes, i'm still smiling.

I spoke at length with Craig Whyte, and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

I spoke at length with the administrators and felt encouraged by what they had to say.

I spoke at length with Paul Murray and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

I spoke at length with Brian Kennedy and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

I spoke at length with Bill Miller and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

... Poor Sally.

Cosgrove, I salute you! :)

When Spiers had to finally accept that SFL Division One gets bigger crowds than the Irish League he fell back on his other example "Well maybe not Ireland but the SPL would be like Finland"

I checked

Finland's 12 team top flight average attendance was 2,160 for 2011 (They play in the summer) SFL Division One averaged 2,300

Dundee got bigger crowds than anybody in Finland and only three Finnish teams got bigger crowds then Falkirk, while 5 were smaller draws than Ayr United

Sources:

http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/D1/attend.html

http://www.worldfootball.net/zuschauer/fin-veikkausliiga-2011/1/

What people seem to miss when they point to other countries as a doomsday scenarios of what Scottish Football without the old firm would be like is that in many other Countries Football faces far more serious competition from other sports.

For Spiers suggestion that without Rangers Scottish Football would become as small time as Finnish Football only makes sense if you think that without fixtures against Rangers we're all going to go nuts about Ice Hockey.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end.Two questions that I have nagging doubts about.

1, when do they get their ill gotten gains for finishing second in the SPL, despite not being able to pay taxes on the players income? Will this keep them going for a month or two?

2, If they start as a newco (or even post CVA(haha)) will they now have to pay tax and NI payments up front due to their non payment for 12 months? This may well kill them off?

1. Their PAYE is due up on 21st. Failure to pay that will be all the excuse that HMRC will have to have them shut down and the process of liquidation would follow swiftly. No Newco, and any prize monies due to them would be seized as assets to pay outstanding creditors.

2. It looks completely unlikely that they've a hope in hell of the newco route now anyway. Miller's pull out after getting to do what no one else has - ie. a look at the books - and making it public that was the major reason for his withdrawal will scare off all bar the Blue Knights, who haven't the money Miller had (pittance that it was he was offering) anyway.

It's also meant another week wasted - and it's all but impossible for a CVA to be rushed through now on time for next season (with Portsmouth's 20p in the £1 offer to HMRC rejected, this is academic considering Rangers were looking at 10p tops!).

Miller has effectively sealed Rangers fate today by his withdrawal and press release, as the whole fantasy of the club being saveable has proven to be a house of cards by Duff and Phelps.

440 viewers of this topic - 170+ members, the rest RM users whose forum is as fecked as their team!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to be the first to whore FFC as a potential new Club for them. "We are the Steeple"...

Edited by GunnerBairn

I spoke at length with Craig Whyte, and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

I spoke at length with the administrators and felt encouraged by what they had to say.

I spoke at length with Paul Murray and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

I spoke at length with Brian Kennedy and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

I spoke at length with Bill Miller and felt encouraged by what he had to say.

... Poor Sally.

Sally still believes the word gullible is not actually in the dictionary.