Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes. Yes, they would.

If a drug-trafficking terrorist offered them fifty quid extra sponsorship they'd take it.

Then we have no game, if we can break or make up rules for this level of cheating then why have any rules at all, why even play games?

I wonder if I can claim a refund somewhere for the thousands of pounds wasted following hearts in a league that was corrupt and dominated by cheats for the last umpteen years?

Disgusted that these cheating, fraudulent, thieving b*****ds look like getting their own way at the expense of football, integrity, honesty etc etc.

If they stay in the SPL then Scottish football will be dead for ever, and anybody that attends an SPL game will merely be putting money into an organistation that is crooked and allows cheats and bullies to prosper. It bloody stinks.

SPL fans should consider spending Saturday afternoon at the horse racing in the safe knowledge that they won't change the timings to Saturday lunchtime or teatime or even Sudays.. No, they'll have all three as additions. To welcome the new spectators the Horse Racing Board could arrange for the amputatation of one leg of all but two horses in every race and the new punters could, for example, bet on any of the ten physically handicapped runners in a twelve runner race. You never know, your horse may finish in the top six then you can celebrate, even though an each way bet would need to finish in the top three.

But hey, back to 'soccer'. Motherwell did that this year and maybe one year your team will get the chance to celebrate two whole games in the qualifiers.

Isn't our SPL wonderful ? Why would anyone want to change it ?

I've been away today and the thread has grown an eye-watering several dozen pages in the interim - but from what I gather we now have Thompson and Johnstone sounding (a bit) like they're minded towards an accomodation... something we've previously heard from Steven Brown... and Yorkston saying he's against that.

In all cases it's likely down to self-interest. Even in Yorkston's position, it's the self-interest of them going down anyway, and perhaps being saved if Rangers aren't.

Lawell won't comment as it'd put him in a pickle. St Mirren + Motherwell are in difficult situations due to potential fan takeovers.

MadVlad is, well, mad and unpredictable.

It's the positions of Stewart Milne and Rod Petrie which would/will be most interesting, IMO.

Motherwell are in a tricky position because they also went through an Administration (which lasted two years), ended up paying their creditors 20p in the pound, owed several hundred thousand pounds in tax and social security, avoided relegation on a technicality and received no punishment whatsoever.

Motherwell are in a tricky position because they also went through an Administration (which lasted two years), ended up paying their creditors 20p in the pound, owed several hundred thousand pounds in tax and social security, avoided relegation on a technicality and received no punishment whatsoever.

Whataboutery at it's best, this thread is exposing long term cheating in our game and the lengths our club chairmen are pushing themselves to not do anything about it. With the connivance of our media and control of information timing to allow them to go about their nefarious escape back into the SPL

I

we've not had a fair league in Scotland for at the very least a decade, most likely further back.

A century?

Would our chairmen be able to support a newco if the oldcost was found to be cheating on an unimaginable scale?

Your chairman will be the first to support a newco regardless of what they have done. ;)

Whataboutery at it's best, this thread is exposing long term cheating in our game

Indeed. The long term cheating of BOTH halves of the Old Firm needs to end.

and the lengths our club chairmen are pushing themselves to not do anything about it.

Particularly the Celtic chairman.

Edited by Captain_Sensible

A century?

Maybe but bums on seats advantage is maybe slightly less of a fairness issue that downright cheating, unless you want to give your SPL status to Stirling Albion?

Your chairman will be the first to support a newco regardless of what they have done. ;)

No he won't ;)

Maybe but bums on seats advantage is maybe slightly less of a fairness issue that downright cheating,

The xploitation of sectarianism, bigotry, hatred and violence is cheating as far as I'm concerned.

As is the outright intimidation of referees and match officials.

No he won't ;)

Your chairman will be the first to vote in a newco Rangers. Your club has more to lose than any other club if Rangers don't survive.

Indeed. :lol:

Indeed, he'll get accused of "kicking Rangers when they are down" by the red faced manager and slaughtered by our press, in the same but opposite way they are selling the comments of compliant clubs...like St Mirren?

The xploitation of sectarianism, bigotry, hatred and violence is cheating as far as I'm concerned.

As is the outright intimidation of referees and match officials.

Your chairman will be the first to vote in a newco Rangers. Your club has more to lose than any other club if Rangers don't survive.

What other than the 4 clubs that will go burst if you read the papers, when the TV deal, sponsorship and large crowds go over the hill and far away if Rangers are kicked out the league :blink:

Of course. I fully expect everyone that holds this line of thought to absolve the newco of the sins of its predecessor - never mentioning again the establishment, corruption, bigotry, or debt in the same breath as Rangers 2012. After all, it's not the same club... laugh.gif

Same fans and songs though,change them and then who knows?we all might love the new and improved Dukla Govan FCbiggrin.gif

What other than the 4 clubs that will go burst if you read the papers, when the TV deal, sponsorship and large crowds go over the hill and far away if Rangers are kicked out the league :blink:

laugh.gif

I'm not sure where that guy got his figures from. Celtic's finances are ok. Not spectacularly profitable or anything, and we've had a few years of falling turnover thanks to being crap in Europe, but our debt is something miniscule like 600k, and we're run in a sustainable way, trying to develop players and sell them on for a profit. Most years we're profitable. We would be able to cut our cloth to suit any loss of money from not having Rangers around relatively easily (and our board would love any excuse to cut back on squad investment even further). A few other clubs would probably thrive in that event - well run clubs like St Mirren don't really need us or Rangers and would probably get bigger gates. It's the guys like Dundee Utd, Killie and Hearts we have to worry about. If some clubs can't cope financially without both us and Rangers being around then so be it, they need to suffer too - it's a disaster if the worst run clubs in the country hold the rest of us to ransom in that way.

I have little faith in our board to do the right thing here though.

I kind of think that if Rangers go down to div.3 then the quality of player Celtic sign may go downand the gap between Celtic and the rest may not be as big as it is now,they will probably lose Hooper plus a couple more in the summer and I can't see them being replaced in a hurry if there is less of a tv deal,Celtic won't overspend they hve seen what has happened to Rangers and of course had their own well documented problems in the past, yes they have Europe but they may not spend heavily to gamble on progress there.

In fairness that'd be a rather stupid thing to do, on 3 counts

[1] many people wouldn't believe them

[2] they'd be vulnerable to marginalisation from retorts like "look how unrealistic and irresponsible they are"

[3] the moral highground position is founded on Rangers being unable to meet their debts being wrong, yet they'd be advocating their own clubs moving toward becoming unable to meet their debts

so that particular approach would be foolish through its vulnerability.

[1] and [2] aren't reasons for not voicing your opinion if the alternative is doing nothing / complaining after the event. However, point [3] that you make is interesting, in that it's exactly the difficult position most SPL chairmen now find themselves in before this vote.

The point I'm trying to make is that the story being spun by the media is that these fans who don't want to see a newco admitted to the SPL don't realise or don't fully appreciate the knock on effect it might have, and that it's right and proper that a newco slots right back in. Of course, this isn't true - many who don't want to see a newco admitted are fully aware of the knock-on effect it may have on the rest of the SPL, but value sporting integrity more highly. This message needs to heard loud and clear before any vote is taken.

Rangers' actions to get to this point have been disgraceful, but any chairman who votes to readmit a newco for their own club's financial benefit is complicit in the collapse of sporting integrity in our game.

Personally, I'd like to see newco Rangers do the honourable thing and apply directly to the SFL without attempting to transfer the SPL share; but I know I'm living in fantasyland with that one.

Forget the theory that Rangers don't get it, SPL clubs don't get it.

This whole bravado about "we need Rangers" followed by a line about what it would mean to x club is truly unbelievable. Every club runs out a line that although sounds bad is nowhere near relegation bad.

If every club in the SPL cannot afford the hit of relegation what are we saying here?

We will keep Rangers in the SPL because we cannot afford not to, and what exactly do you plan on doing in the event of relegation?

I think a little edit should be getting made in these letters some fans are sending their chairmen. A little paragraph asking if their particular club has a no relegation policy?

Trust me, if your club cannot afford a hit from a 2 visits from Rangers and a reduced TV deal, you most certainly wouldn't handle a stint in division 1.

I think Killie fans should especially ask the question as 2 years ago you were 1 game away from relegation.