Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dream on. Celtic need every penny they can get. They have a net loss of £28.537 million over the last 10 years and they are still not competitive in Europe. Furthermore, the impact of losing Rangers on Scotland's coefficient will make sure that they and any other Scottish teams will have to play CL qualifiers from which they have always had a hard time emerging. Celtic will not be giving any of it away.

If the other scottish clubs can't beat teams from Finland, Wales, Ireland etc to get into a bigger qualifying game they aren't going to beat a team who already have!

Plus if we enter earlier we get more matches to play! Which is more money and in turn will earn Scotland more points...

If the other scottish clubs can't beat teams from Finland, Wales, Ireland etc to get into a bigger qualifying game they aren't going to beat a team who already have!

Plus if we enter earlier we get more matches to play! Which is more money and in turn will earn Scotland more points...

Unfortunately, as history has shown, if you enter earlier then you just get knocked out earlier.

Dream on. Celtic need every penny they can get. They have a net loss of £28.537 million over the last 10 years and they are still not competitive in Europe. Furthermore, the impact of losing Rangers on Scotland's coefficient will make sure that they and any other Scottish teams will have to play CL qualifiers from which they have always had a hard time emerging. Celtic will not be giving any of it away.

Last year Rangers contributed 1.00 ranking point to the co-efficient, that's one less than Hearts did.

If the teams under the OF get a wee bit more money and a wee bit more security we may be able to add a few more points than that. After the OF, Motherwell have added more points to the nations co-efficient over the past three years than anyone else.

Don't you realise that WE and NEWCO are mutually exclusive?

It isn't and don't let anyone pretend it is. Even in the 3rd division the newco is NOT Glasgow Rangers.

It is merely a new company that leaves behind a corrupt and toxic company that has been found out.

Of course. I fully expect everyone that holds this line of thought to absolve the newco of the sins of its predecessor - never mentioning again the establishment, corruption, bigotry, or debt in the same breath as Rangers 2012. After all, it's not the same club... laugh.gif

Last year Rangers contributed 1.00 ranking point to the co-efficient, that's one less than Hearts did.

If the teams under the OF get a wee bit more money and a wee bit more security we may be able to add a few more points than that. After the OF, Motherwell have added more points to the nations co-efficient over the past three years than anyone else.

Plus would it not be true to say that a Newco Rangers would have zero co-efficient points in the eyes of UEFA?

After you have paid to demolish it, and renovated the main stand which is listed? And all that in a struggling economy.

And who would rent it? And there is a conference/exhibition/concert centre just over the river?

However Rangers own much more than that land, the car parks too would most certainly be worth a few bob. I'd doubt very much £11m would get you the Stadium and Murray Park.

However Rangers own much more than that land, the car parks too would most certainly be worth a few bob. I'd doubt very much £11m would get you the Stadium and Murray Park.

Then, presumably, the creditors will vote down the Miller deal and take their chance on a liquidation sale.

Alternatively, they may feel that £11 million plus is better than the risk of getting less.

I think you need to look just a wee bit farther back than just one year.

Then, presumably, the creditors will vote down the Miller deal and take their chance on a liquidation sale.

Alternatively, they may feel that £11 million plus is better than the risk of getting less.

Indeed they might. St Mirren got £16million from Tesco for Love Street. Different economic times and of course it had a retail consent on it, but how much is that land valued on the books at Ibrox- I'd guess it would be well over £11m.

Indeed they might. St Mirren got £16million from Tesco for Love Street. Different economic times and of course it had a retail consent on it, but how much is that land valued on the books at Ibrox- I'd guess it would be well over £11m.

The book value of Ibrox bears no resemblance to its market value and has more to do with David Murray trying to make the accounts look good than anything else.

I think I read somewhere that the assets ( as valued on Rangers books :lol: :lol: ) are only a couple of million short of the potential debts inclusive of the BGT.

A little thought for the good people out there who go on about sky ruling the decision on whether or not we lose Rangers.

In 13 days time the Scottish cup final takes place at 3.00.

When the FA cup final took place yesterday their was no games up against it and it had a stage all to itself.

The Scottish cup final goes up against the Champioship playoff final and yet their is no reason SKY couldn't have put that game at 12.30 or 5.00.

Sky maybe throw a lot iof money at Scottish football but they don't even make a secret of the fact they couldn't give a toss about it.

They regularly put decent English games up against Scottish football on a Saturday or Sunday but to do it to the Scottish cup final is too far for me.

We should not only tell Rangers to get to f**k but Sky too.

Hello,

First time poster on here but been reading all the comments on this topic for a few weeks and like to put my thoughts across!

Totally agree 100% that no newco should be admitted back into the SPL, regardless of the comments from the spineless Killie chairman. We've heard all the scare stories from the MSM saying Rangers are needed to survive but, you know what, this is bigger than money, its about what is morally right and sporting integrity.

We've also had the clown Ralph Topping saying all this uncertainty is making potential sponsors think again about coming on board and putting their name and cash into the SPL but then the the flip side is if Muff & Phlaps, Windy Miller et all get away with this massive stitch up and the SPL chairman vote to late a newco in, then who would want to put their name to a product with no moral fibre or integrity?

Nobody in the MSM has ever raised this point as they are too busy sucking up Rangers as much as they can to save their backsides and remain on the gravy train.

Sky maybe throw a lot iof money at Scottish football but they don't even make a secret of the fact they couldn't give a toss about it.

That expensive-sounding wee bagpipe ditty they've been using for the past 200 years had me fooled. They must curse the amount of effort required to film a new title segment when a team gets promoted.

Anyone have a rough idea what they pay for TV rights versus income from Scottish households subscribing to Sky?