Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If Rangers really believe the right thing to do would be to go down to the 3rd division it really is very simple for them.

Just dont play the last game of the season and they would have to be automatically relegated.

After that the SFL could then demote them to the 3rd division.

As a first step - everyone would be happy!!

Mibbes the reason for the vote being tomorrow is because it's a bank holiday and Mr Lloyds will be away with Mrs Lloyds that way there will be no awkward phone calls saying ' let the rangers back in or I'm calling in your overdraft'.....

The difference is, it's not the same directors who ran rangers into the ground starting up the new company

But Windy Millar will be buying oldco and moving the stuff to newco to take the assets away from the creditors, and stop them getting paid the maximum value its all the same

Does the following article say everything about Glasgow journalists in general and Jim Traynor in particular. Sycophantic doesn't do it justice. What an affront to impartial comment. It seems that the only victims in all of this are the Rangers fans. The reference to the fans on here, who are justifiably up in arms , as cyberspace nonentities betrays his own feelings of insecurity. If our perception of him is wrong and he is not an Old Firm crawler who will write anything that keeps him on the gravy train, why does he fail to balance his argument with reference to the bigotry and moronic behaviour from among the blue and green masses ?

I would give anything for a sit down debate with him on the whole sorry episode that has unfolded, not in the last few weeks, not in the last year but over a long number of years. The circus clown that is Jim Traynor, evidenced by his ludicrous phone in where he takes pride in belittling people and making comedic references to what others regard as a serious discussion, would find himself struggling against people who would not even regard him as an intellectual equal , far less superior to us.

I know there are some people on here who don't exactly further the cause of the genuine non-Old Firm fans but by the same token there are also plenty of contributers to Pie and Bovril who would be more than a match for this buffoon. For Mr. Traynor to have an opinion on people who post on this forum, he must surely read what's posted. Do us all a favour Jim, challenge a few of us to a serious discussion on the state of scottish football and the fiasco that has been the Rangers debacle. Alternatively, you can hide behind your keyboard and know that you can write all your drivel, emphasising the parts that suit you and omitting the uncomfortable areas from your diatribe. You won't need to argue your point with people who genuinely care about football.

I for one would relish sitting around a table with journalists and fans of ALL clubs for a reasoned debate. Ironically, that will never happen because the domination of public opinion exerted by the media is so similar to the domination of the Old Firm in scottish football. There is no justification for either of these but in both cases there is a determination to maintain that dominance.

Over to you Mr. Traynor. Surely you could hold your own against a bunch of cyberspace nonentities. No ? Thought not.

Has Bill Miller left himself enough time to buy Rangers?

By jim Traynor on May 4, 12 12:00 PM in rangersTHE trucker from Tennessee had better get his ass in gear.

This Rangers takeover has already rumbled on too long and although the end of the road is in sight it's now a race against time.

Can Bill Miller deliver his payload by next Friday's deadline set yesterday by Rangers' administrators Duff and Phelps?

He believes he can and although this drama has a huge cast list of baddies who did nothing but over-complicate and delay what should have been a fairly straightforward administration process, the Ibrox club's fans finally saw light in the darkness.

That the glare comes from the spotlights of Miller's heavy towing group rather than the Blue Knights' lantern shouldn't blind these supporters to the fact that right now Tennessee William's plan is their best hope.

It is claimed his bid, which involves removing the club and assets from the top company into a holding newco while a CVA is worked through separately, is the only one likely to squeeze agreement from HMRC.

It is understood the revenue weren't too impressed by the Blue Knights' offer so rather than the Scots it's the American who is close to becoming Rangers' next owner.

But he has only a week to examine every aspect of Rangers' business, or what's left of it, and then sign and seal the deal, which means he'll really have to get his rig into boogie (Rangers fans should look it up, they'll need to get used to trucker speak).

That he will eventually turn out to be their saviour no one can say but that same doubt would have hovered over the Knights had they been given the go-ahead yesterday.

Even though Brian Kennedy and Gordon McKie, the man Kennedy would have appointed chief executive, as revealed by Record Sport on Tuesday, turned up to speak with administrators yesterday morning it was too late.

The Blue Knights missed their opportunity a couple of weeks ago when Duff and Phelps made it clear all Paul Murray's gang had to do was come up with the £500,000 exclusivity fee.

Ticketus were still with them at that time but were having second thoughts and now Murray, Kennedy and Ticketus can only shuffle nervously on the sidelines while Miller and his people weigh up the pros and cons.

They'll be joined there by the fans, especially those who'd made it clear they didn't want Miller.

But whether they like it or not it looks as though the keys will be handed over to him, although the supporters are entitled to proper answers.

Miller issued a statement yesterday saying it's a great honour and privilege to have the chance to buy the club and although he stressed it is his intention to protect Rangers' history the fans need more.

They need to see this man in the flesh. They need to hear him explain why he, an American with no emotional or family connection to the club, wants to be owner.

Why? He's never been to see Rangers play. He hasn't even set foot inside Ibrox. What's driving him?

But at least he has no intention of paying Craig Whyte a penny let alone the £1 the disgraced current owner handed over to David Murray a year ago this Sunday.

That should sit well with the fans and so should Miller's refusal to do a deal with Ticketus, who loaned Whyte the £18million to clear Rangers' bank debt on the strength of future season-ticket sales.

The support can only pray Miller is genuine, that he looked and saw an opportunity to do something good with a huge sporting club that had gone bad.

After a few years of constant speculation over their future and then the last 12 months of sheer agony and embarrassment they deserve respite and hope.

And if the fans are spared the pathetic posturing and crass bravado which has surrounded the administration process that too would be a welcome change.

Rangers have been used as a platform for wannabes for far too long and if Miller brings all of that to an end he'll deserve a measure of thanks for that alone.

David Murray has been criticised for selling to Whyte who has been savaged for bringing the club down but there are others in the fans' crosswires.

The administrators because it has been a long, drawn-out process which continues to pay off very nicely for them, although they'd argue the job ran over because of difficulties outwith their control.

The game's governing bodies, who can't make up their minds what they want to do with Rangers, have also been accused but the bidders themselves failed to come up with "real" offers.

They blabbed and briefed and constantly blamed administrators for dragging their feet when, in fact, most of the bidders kept asking for more time. Then they'd say "it's not our fault. It's the administrators. They won't hand over the club".

And that was true. Absolutely.

But true because the bids weren't good enough to take to the creditors. But everyone shouted and accused, unable to hear Rangers' last gasps as they lay at the feet of all the showmen.

There is no doubt in my mind this club has suffered from the mock interest of too many who may have seen ways of making a fast buck. Opportunists all, trying to gain out of Rangers' woes.

AND AS A SIDESHOW THERE'S BEEN THE PIOUS PAP OF CYBERSPACE'S SANCTIMONIOUS NONENTITIES. All in all this entire sorry episode hasn't exactly showcased the best of

Scottish pride and spirit.

Crimes have been committed here, I suspect. Crimes against honour and against morality. Crimes, also, against Rangers and their fans.

Whyte, though, was the worst yet now, even after he's been exposed as not being a fit and proper person, there is nothing but glib comments and sneers whenever he surfaces.

Remorse? None at all.

Sympathy for the club's staff, who live with the fear of losing their livelihoods, and fans? More likely to get a kind word from the Devil or the Green Brigade.

This has been one of the most grotesque episodes in Scottish football's history and I was there in 1994 when Celtic almost went down.

But although they were saved at the last minute by Brian Dempsey and Fergus McCann, who outsmarted the old family dynasties ruling Celtic at the time, there wasn't the same degree of venom and vitriol from other fans.

Of course Rangers' lot enjoyed it but this time it just seems as though a great many more have revelled in the Ibrox club's plight.

And it also seems there have been unknowns trying to muscle into the spotlight and just as many pressing themselves against the walls trying to avoid detection.

Anyone seen Donald Muir recently? You must remember him, after all he was the man Lloyds bank put on Rangers' board to make sure the club wouldn't ask for more and to get a buyer so they could get the club off their books.

He has questions to answer, as do Lloyds. For instance, didn't they conduct any checks on Whyte or attempt to find out where he got the £18m from?

And what exactly was Kennedy's game? He has enough money to buy the entire game and said he'd step in if he felt Rangers were being handed over to the wrong person.

Why did it take him so long to team up with Paul Murray and his Blue Knights? And why didn't he make a serious bid and get the job done?

Maybe it was always his intention to be last man standing and pick the club up at a knockdown price, which could yet happen if Miller doesn't conclude the deal at the end of next week.

Last night hopes were high among those who have been speaking with him over the last couple of months but now it's his turn to break silence.

Miller needs to talk to the fans because he needs them to make this whole thing work. Trying to succeed without them would be like attempting to move a greasy side up 18-wheeler from Beer Town to Gay Bay. (I told you, learn the lingo.)

Only of Celtic are prepared for fairly share league revenues.

Which I assume they wont.

They would be smarter if they did with Rangers relegated to Div 3, and out of the picture for at least three years, they'd have the Champions league money to themselves. Giving the rest of the SPL a fairer share of TV revenue would make them that wee bit stronger financially, not strong enouygh to cause Celtic any sleepless nights obviously but, strong enough so that when Rangers do arrive back it will be to a stronger league and they may very well struggle to get back to their previous status.

Ultimately Traynor like the majority of pundits that write for the rags need to kiss Rangers and Celtic's soiled cheeks or a daily bases or they're out of a job.

Another reason I'd love Rangers to die.

> As yet, I see little sign of leadership emerging, of men who see values, not just figures.

Less that one month on the case and he's got the SPL completely sussed laugh.gif

Whenever my frustration boils over, I read Alex Thomson's blog and it restores my faith in the world of journalism. Maybe all is not yet lost.

I dare say they should, imagine making a team rebuild a stadium to hold more people than live in the town!?! Utter nonsense

Wasn't that what puished Gretna to the brink? They were told to build a 10,000 seater stadium when their catchment area, not just the town, had a population of 7,000.

Sent this in the direction of minister for Commonwealth Games and Sport, Shona Robinson

Dear Mrs. Robinson,

As a football fan and a proud Scot, I implore you to intervene in the issues surrounding Glasgow Rangers Football Club on the grounds that the whole affairs has substantial potential to damage Scotlands' reputation for integrity. This crisis will affect not only sport, but the way in which Scottish businesses are perceived on a global scale.

The Scottish Government has a duty to protect the reputation of Scotland, which must take precedence over any individual or company. The impact thus far has caused severe damage to Scottish Footballs image. Should the laws of the game, the ruling bodies and the law of the land be flaunted so blatantly as to allow Rangers to remain unblemished by the whole affair, in whole or in part, this becomes a stain on the nation. Something you must not stand idly by and watch.

The Scottish Football Association were quick to enlist the help of politicians to make a blueprint for the future. I note with some interest the utter lack of sound bytes from these same people during the single most important occurrence in scottish football history. Perhaps this is a question you may ask of Mr. Henry McLeish should you happen to cross paths.

We, the people of Scotland, whether by nationality or residence must be represented in this saga. The recent SPL survey takes the view of fans into account and an overwhelming majority (96%) of these fans demand to be heard. A wider public opinion on the matter must be sought. To leave this matter solely to footballing authorities is akin to our government condoning cheating on moral, economic, social and political levels.

You must act now before this festers any further. It is paramount that distinction is made between the breaches in football and business and that 'clarity' is brought to the situation. Football must deal with the football issues. Business must be addressed by business concerns, but you must step in to address the issue of integrity. Something that Scotland as a nation must not consider to have 'commercial value'. As host nation for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in 2014, we must be seen in the purest of lights.

Copy paste and send, flood the inbox, tell your friends.........you know the drill

And I'll be disappointed if no one posts a Simon & Garfunkel reference........ wink.gif

Lovin the Shaun of the Dead reference.

On topic i cant believe that anything other than newco Rangers being in the SPL next year will happen, we'll get all the bluster about getting concessions on voting, league size etc but its still a cop out.

I must be getting old, I thought the reference was 'Minder'

The bottom line is that they are all crapping themselves because their own Big Hooses (ie the ones they live in) are in danger. Steven Thompson has only come out and admitted it. Everyone who makes a living in the SPL is now facing financial Armageddon. Austerity measures like Osbourne can only dream of. Less well paid players, managers and coaches. Fewer journalists.

It's no great surprise that they are all talking themselves round to throwing sporting integrity out the window but we need to help keep them on the straight and narrow.

Sent this in the direction of minister for Commonwealth Games and Sport, Shona Robinson

Dear Mrs. Robinson,

As a football fan and a proud Scot, I implore you to intervene in the issues surrounding Glasgow Rangers Football Club on the grounds that the whole affairs has substantial potential to damage Scotlands' reputation for integrity. This crisis will affect not only sport, but the way in which Scottish businesses are perceived on a global scale.

The Scottish Government has a duty to protect the reputation of Scotland, which must take precedence over any individual or company. The impact thus far has caused severe damage to Scottish Footballs image. Should the laws of the game, the ruling bodies and the law of the land be flaunted so blatantly as to allow Rangers to remain unblemished by the whole affair, in whole or in part, this becomes a stain on the nation. Something you must not stand idly by and watch.

The Scottish Football Association were quick to enlist the help of politicians to make a blueprint for the future. I note with some interest the utter lack of sound bytes from these same people during the single most important occurrence in scottish football history. Perhaps this is a question you may ask of Mr. Henry McLeish should you happen to cross paths.

We, the people of Scotland, whether by nationality or residence must be represented in this saga. The recent SPL survey takes the view of fans into account and an overwhelming majority (96%) of these fans demand to be heard. A wider public opinion on the matter must be sought. To leave this matter solely to footballing authorities is akin to our government condoning cheating on moral, economic, social and political levels.

You must act now before this festers any further. It is paramount that distinction is made between the breaches in football and business and that 'clarity' is brought to the situation. Football must deal with the football issues. Business must be addressed by business concerns, but you must step in to address the issue of integrity. Something that Scotland as a nation must not consider to have 'commercial value'. As host nation for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in 2014, we must be seen in the purest of lights.

Copy paste and send, flood the inbox, tell your friends.........you know the drill

And I'll be disappointed if no one posts a Simon & Garfunkel reference........ wink.gif

It would have been better if you'd at least got her name right!

Edited to add that some other fecker beat me to it.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace