Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I have much sympathy with Partick, they did the right things, but were utterly shafted.

Relaxing the numbers of seats, ground sharing and the deadlines to allow ICT in was wrong.

Funnily enough on the Michael Johnston thread an ICT fan moans about ground sharing, undersoil and the costs of stands etc.

I dare say county will moan over 6,000 seats.

Too many easily understood rules have been changed to suit letting individual clubs in.

No! Making crazy Self Preservation League entry restrictions in the first place (eg undersoil heating and 10000 seats) was wrong. The resulting debt is partially why some chairmen are now scared to hand out the punishment these cheats deserve.

Your argument is erse fur elba :angry:

They're not remotely bothered that Rangers are damaged goods and will always be referred to as cheats.

It's not a universal view. I value sporting integrity over everything else and will be disgusted if we are allowed to stay in the SPL as a newco next season.

There's at least some honour to be found in taking the appropriate punishment (relegation to the 3rd) and working our way back up through the ranks.

It's not a universal view. I value sporting integrity over everything else and will be disgusted if we are allowed to stay in the SPL as a newco next season.

There's at least some honour to be found in taking the appropriate punishment (relegation to the 3rd) and working our way back up through the ranks.

Appropriate punishment would be being booted out of the SPL, having to apply for the SFL vacancy & being turned down instead of Cove Rangers or Spartans, & so having to go play in the Juniors instead.

Fingers crossed

There's at least some honour to be found in taking the appropriate punishment (paying off all our debts, getting rid of bigotry and relegation to the 3rd) and working our way back up through the ranks.

Fixed that for you.

Please email the club and tel them this.

I dare say county will moan over 6,000 seats.

I dare say they should, imagine making a team rebuild a stadium to hold more people than live in the town!?! Utter nonsense

There is no honour unless every penny of outstanding tax is paid back. Relegation might be "appropriate punishment" for your old or new club breaking rules (cheating) like the dual contracts debacle etc.

Miller's proposal to just walk away from tax owed (via CVA or not) holds no honour with most fans. Small businesses that have been shafted by your old club will want more than just outstanding tax paid back!!!

Hope you can sleep at night ...

Wouldn't you just love if a company like Pepsi-Co decided it was a big fun advertising opportunity and bid double the old Clydesdale Bank sponsorship deal to rename the league after it's CHEETOS Brand - The CHEETOS SPL.....would generate a massive amount of publicity......an truly worldwide (not just worldwide in a Rangers fans opinion of their fame)

Would be interesting to see whether the financial benefit of such a deal would come before the league's integrity.

other times it seems like you left yourself logged in at the library and some knuckle-dragging imbecile posts under your username.

I have never claimed to be an intellectual...'Knuckle dragging Imbecile'...ach well i've been called worse ;)

1336319288[/url]' post='6207380']

I cannot take much more of this claim and counter-claim BS. Might have to go to The Winchester until it all blows over.

On the other hand, I did enjoy Stuart Cosgrove ripping Spiers a new one yesterday afternoon. So its not all bad.

Lovin the Shaun of the Dead reference.

On topic i cant believe that anything other than newco Rangers being in the SPL next year will happen, we'll get all the bluster about getting concessions on voting, league size etc but its still a cop out.

If a newco Rangers kick off in next season's SPL, then KY Jelly is the only suitable sponsor for that league.

Might as well get anusol on board too.

Ky jelly and ass cream

If a newco Rangers kick off in next season's SPL, then KY Jelly is the only suitable sponsor for that league.

Certainly another contender but it would be interesting if SPL would go with it.

Surely the short term value of such a deal to member clubs would outweigh the long term Football wide future ridicule of "isn't that the country with/which had the funny league name"

....just as for short term gain they'll face the football world's riduclue of "isn't that the League that allows cheats to the tune of £150million odds in it unpunished."

Fixed that for you.

I don't know of anyone that wouldn't rather have seen all the debt paid back. I hope at least a CVA will be arranged, but I think we all know liquidation is on the way.

Hell, getting rid of the bigotry would be a blessing; and probably easier to do in the 3rd division when all the glory hunters forget to turn up at 3pm on a Saturday.

Please email the club and tel them this.

The club know fine well that many fans support the drop to division 3; I don't personally know of anyone who is against it. However, the other SPL clubs will be making the decision... they're the ones who need to forget about the contents of their wallets.

Miller's proposal to just walk away from tax owed (via CVA or not) holds no honour with most fans.

Well, if that's the opinion you have of Motherwell, Livingson, Dundee, et al. in recent years who have come out of administration with a CVA then fair enough. I can't blame you.

Hope you can sleep at night ...

Wow... it's friendly around here. I'm glad I popped my head up to say hello unsure.giflaugh.gif

I don't know of anyone that wouldn't rather have seen all the debt paid back. I hope at least a CVA will be arranged, but I think we all know liquidation is on the way.

Hell, getting rid of the bigotry would be a blessing; and probably easier to do in the 3rd division when all the glory hunters forget to turn up at 3pm on a Saturday.

The club know fine well that many fans support the drop to division 3; I don't personally know of anyone who is against it. However, the other SPL clubs will be making the decision... they're the ones who need to forget about the contents of their wallets.

Well, if that's the opinion you have of Motherwell, Livingson, Dundee, et al. in recent years who have come out of administration with a CVA then fair enough. I can't blame you.

Wow... it's friendly around here. I'm glad I popped my head up to say hello unsure.giflaugh.gif

Great reply.

Still I can't help but remember that you voluntarily decided to support a club that has bigotry woven into their very fabric for the past 140 years. Good luck to ya if you manage to get rid of it, but I reckon that this is one cure that will kill the patient.

Edited by killingfloorman

As we have all come to realise over the past few years, the SPL is as corrupt as they come. Which must make them a little twitchy about what punishment to dish out to rankgers for next season.

If it is too severe then rankgers may not have much of a team, and there is the possibility, however slim, of them being at the bottom of the league at the end of next season. Can you imagine the panic in the hampden offices if rankgers were near the bottom of the league at xmas?

Could they let rankgers be relegated? Would they suddenly start talking about a 14 team league? Would they hope we all pretended we had just stepped out of the shower and it was only a dream?

I can't believe for a second that they haven't discussed the possibility of rankgers being relegated next season. They have tried to convince us it would spell disaster for scottish football, but if they were punted down fair and square, would the SPL try and save them?

In ever other sport integrity is paramount. Yet we are now being told, quite openly, by chairmen of the spl clubs, that integrity may come second to money.

If this was my club chairman saying that then I would be embarrassed and want him removed from the club asap.

Great reply.

Still I can't help but remember that you voluntarily decided to support a club that has bigotry woven into their very fabric for the past 140 years. Good luck to ya if you manage to get rid of it, but I reckon that this is one cure that will kill the patient.

Huistrinho, this. No harm meant, but I wouldn't sleep if Ayr tried a tax scam even 1% of this potential magnitude ;)

Mibbes the reason for the vote being tomorrow is because it's a bank holiday and Mr Lloyds will be away with Mrs Lloyds that way there will be no awkward phone calls saying ' let the rangers back in or I'm calling in your overdraft'.....