Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So Duff and Phelps were right all along that Craig Whyte's shares were an irrelevence, they were right that the big tax case wasn't an issue and they were right that a deal had been done with the SPL.

Rangers play their last game of the season on 13th May - when do you think they'll be liquidated? When do you think a newco will be formed?

Bill Miller will tell the bears that he did everything he could to preserve the history through a CVA but it was the big bad HRMC that refused it - the bears will buy it they'll even find a technicality to argue that the history hasn't been erased.

Shrewd Bill will also win on his demands over no further punishments, voted straight back into the SPL and how can you punish a new club who "have done nothing wrong". The compromise? The SFA will hammers old Rangers over EBTs and strip them of a pile of titles - but hey who cares when you punish a company who no longer legally exist?

The only losers sporting integrity, Scottish football, the taxman and the best chance in a century to finally erase the sectarian stain from central Scotland. Of course not 1 politician or 1 football journalist was brave enough to say this - shame!

Last question - such an easy victory - why was it only an unknown American without a passport or even a passing knowledge in football that saw it?

Without wanting to get in to a c0ck measuring contest, why did PTFC suffer the most? I'm genuinely unsure - I know we had to deal with idiots like Anelka and had a spell in the 2nd, and of course Airdrie went belly up but I don't know the Thistle story?

I hope Hearts etc take the David Murray/Airdrie stance - "gies oor money, this is a business we are trying to run"

When the Jags came bottom of the SPL several years ago after spending a fortune building stands for the 10,000 rule, Inverness were due to go up, without a 10,000 all seater stadium.

The rules were clear, all member clubs must have their own SPL compliant stadium, growndsharing was not allowed.

Instead of the Jags staying up and Caley remaining in the 1st, a vote was taken to back this, but a few clubs not being happy with this called a second vote, this second vote was taken allowing Caley to share with Aberdeen for 6 months and only build 6,000 seats.

We abided by the rules including at the time undersoil heating and cost us a fortune at the time whilst the SPL changed the rules (Par for the course as we know), this nearly put us out of business and we have had to cut back since to make ends meet, but hey maybe we should just set up a newco and ask to get back in the SPL

When the Jags came bottom of the SPL several years ago after spending a fortune building stands for the 10,000 rule, Inverness were due to go up, without a 10,000 all seater stadium.

The rules were clear, all member clubs must have their own SPL compliant stadium, growndsharing was not allowed.

Instead of the Jags staying up and Caley remaining in the 1st, a vote was taken to back this, but a few clubs not being happy with this called a second vote, this second vote was taken allowing Caley to share with Aberdeen for 6 months and only build 6,000 seats.

We abided by the rules including at the time undersoil heating and cost us a fortune at the time whilst the SPL changed the rules (Par for the course as we know), this nearly put us out of business and we have had to cut back since to make ends meet, but hey maybe we should just set up a newco and ask to get back in the SPL

Cheers, I'd forgotten all about that episode

Correct and it cost us nearly £1,000,000 to upgrade the main stand and build the away end stand. We were told in no uncertain terms that if it wasnt done we wouldnt be allowed in and that there was no facility to allow groundsharing. In a nutshell, money that would have been used to strengthen our squad was spent on the stadium, that never at any point had 10,000 spectators in it...even when the City filth visited!!Then fast forward to the end of the season when we got relegated and ICT won the 1st division. The 10,000 all seater was reduced to a figure that we could have accomodated in the Jackie Husband stand and they were told that they could ground share until their stadium met requirements

We were shafted big time by the SPHell and have never ever recovered. When you see what this lot of cheating barstewards are gonna get away with it makes you want to puke!!

Is the Newco share transfer vote a 11-1? If so would that just be fantastically ironic would it not. Given the statement made by Yorkston today and what old Rodders said about sporting integrity too. Football clubs by nature are motivated by self interest. If by kicking Rangers out can weaken your own opposition then that is what clubs who may be in better shape financially might do. Clubs like Killie are fecked with debt, where as Hibs debt isn't as bad. So assuming that we stay in this league, why not kick them out and weaken some others at the same time.

This is what is known as "Pheonixing" and is illegal as per the SFO

The difference is, it's not the same directors who ran rangers into the ground starting up the new company

Are you Andy Goram? Talk about split personalities.

I have said exactly the same thing from my first post to my last...Rangers should go to the 3rd division and it will benefit Scottish football in general.

The Rangers support expect to go to the 3rd division and in a recent poll..I know how much you all love a good poll..98% of Follow Followers preferred the 3rd division route. There were 1000s of posters who took part in this poll.

I criticised the other clubs support..or lack of it...as i have done consistently and i will continue to do this. You might have noticed i also criticise The Rangers support when i feel it appropriate as i did after yesterdays game.

I just call it as i see it and give my opinion which is not necessarily populace or the 'Party Line'.

Correct and it cost us nearly £1,000,000 to upgrade the main stand and build the away end stand. We were told in no uncertain terms that if it wasnt done we wouldnt be allowed in and that there was no facility to allow groundsharing. In a nutshell, money that would have been used to strengthen our squad was spent on the stadium, that never at any point had 10,000 spectators in it...even when the City filth visited!!Then fast forward to the end of the season when we got relegated and ICT won the 1st division. The 10,000 all seater was reduced to a figure that we could have accomodated in the Jackie Husband stand and they were told that they could ground share until their stadium met requirements

We were shafted big time by the SPHell and have never ever recovered. When you see what this lot of cheating barstewards are gonna get away with it makes you want to puke!!

The whole stadium capacity carry on was an absolute joke and to this day despite all of the dodgy goings on with George Peat and our 'selfless' directors mismanaging and pocketing money left, right and centre, I still blame that ludacris rule about 10,000 all seater stadiums for crushing our club. It's just a perfect example of how poorly run the top flight is in this country and how they couldn't give a damn about any club outside the Old Firm. And as you pointed out Sting, that's what stinks so much about this whole situation. We essentially went down the tubes as Airdrieonians due to debts of a couple of million, primarily as a result of the stadium issue. We didn't spend money we didn't have on players for years upon years and buy shedloads of success only to wipe it all out with no reprecussions. Yet Rangers will walk away from this just as strongly as they are now, it's sickening.

I have much sympathy with Partick, they did the right things, but were utterly shafted.

Relaxing the numbers of seats, ground sharing and the deadlines to allow ICT in was wrong.

Funnily enough on the Michael Johnston thread an ICT fan moans about ground sharing, undersoil and the costs of stands etc.

I dare say county will moan over 6,000 seats.

Too many easily understood rules have been changed to suit letting individual clubs in.

I have said exactly the same thing from my first post to my last...Rangers should go to the 3rd division and it will benefit Scottish football in general.

The Rangers support expect to go to the 3rd division and in a recent poll..I know how much you all love a good poll..98% of Follow Followers preferred the 3rd division route. There were 1000s of posters who took part in this poll.

I criticised the other clubs support..or lack of it...as i have done consistently and i will continue to do this. You might have noticed i also criticise The Rangers support when i feel it appropriate as i did after yesterdays game.

I just call it as i see it and give my opinion which is not necessarily populace or the 'Party Line'.

I don't doubt the consistency of your arguments, its just sometimes you come across quite coherent and eloquent, then other times it seems like you left yourself logged in at the library and some knuckle-dragging imbecile posts under your username.

I'd like to know the opinion of fans and chairmen from leagues 1,2 and 3.

Seeing as newco should start in D3 ,and all the income all these teams and local economies will be denied from Rangers comming to town twice a season?

How many of these clubs are near to folding ,and live on a shoestring ?

Where is the SFA voice for these clubs?

Nah. Won't happen. It's in celtics interest not to drop rangers.

You guys won't tolerate a repeat of the 'Paul McStay years' where you played the Celtic way, won f**k all and generally went to the games for a sectarian sing song.

Lawell will vote Rangers.

I dunno, I've heard it mentioned that it may be in Celtic's interest to see the current SKY/ESPN deal fall through. Without a TV deal in place for the league this would leave Celtic free to negotiate their own TV deal. After all as we all know it's only the OF that TV is interested in anyway.

I dunno, I've heard it mentioned that it may be in Celtic's interest to see the current SKY/ESPN deal fall through. Without a TV deal in place for the league this would leave Celtic free to negotiate their own TV deal. After all as we all know it's only the OF that TV is interested in anyway.

Fair point, Celtic could do okay out their own deal and a lesser league deal with the diddy eleven if the brave decision to jettison the cheats is taken.

But they'll firstly try and vote to keep them in.

I notice more and more Rangers fans back posting again in their pre admin arrogant fashion. They're not remotely bothered that Rangers are damaged goods and will always be referred to as cheats. We (diddies) always knew the OF were bullies and cheats, at least now we've had some clarification that can be referred back to for any future generation "diddies". Once a cheat and a bully............always a cheat and a bully.

So you'd think Michael Johnstone's commens yesterday would be worthy of some attention, right? Not for Leggo, who is so worried about the involvement of someone with a Catholic name and schooling getting a jjob at Ibrox he's fecked up the formatting of his blog: http://leggoland2.bl...celtic-man.html

Classic Leggo blog. It's kinda fun (in a watching a train wreck sort of way) to see what goes on in the mind of a bigot.

I have much sympathy with Partick, they did the right things, but were utterly shafted.

Relaxing the numbers of seats, ground sharing and the deadlines to allow ICT in was wrong.

Funnily enough on the Michael Johnston thread an ICT fan moans about ground sharing, undersoil and the costs of stands etc.

I dare say county will moan over 6,000 seats.

Too many easily understood rules have been changed to suit letting individual clubs in.

No! Making crazy Self Preservation League entry restrictions in the first place (eg undersoil heating and 10000 seats) was wrong. The resulting debt is partially why some chairmen are now scared to hand out the punishment these cheats deserve.

Your argument is erse fur elba :angry: