Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

can anyone help settle a debate?? im sure i heard somewhere among all the phone ins etc that the sky deal doesnt state there must be 4 OF games BUT they must have exclusive rights to the ones that ARE played,, might be going mad but dont think ive read it on here..anyhow , just thinkin how that can be guarenteed if the status quo is continued next season under certain punishments that newco might have../ thanx

can anyone help settle a debate?? im sure i heard somewhere among all the phone ins etc that the sky deal doesnt state there must be 4 OF games BUT they must have exclusive rights to the ones that ARE played,, might be going mad but dont think ive read it on here..anyhow , just thinkin how that can be guarenteed if the status quo is continued next season under certain punishments that newco might have../ thanx

Sky-ESPN have exclusive rights to every SPL match in the United Kingdom. (Seperate deal allows delayed transmission of certain games on BBC Alba). Their deals include a clause whereby if there aren't Rangers + Celtic in the division... i.e. there isn't the potential for the 4 OF games + 34 OF away games which deliver most of the value... they can renegotiate or pull-out.

It doesn't state "there must be 4 OF games", that's an impossible commitment to make. And SPL clubs can say no to signging such deals if they don't like Sky-ESPN, or the clause.

EDIT: I think the only grey area is whether the clause kicks-in if 1 of OF finished in the Bottom 6... i.e. if a 4th OF derby doesn't materialise... and they could cut a bit out of the fee - or whether it being possible (thus highly likely) at the season's commencement is the requirement.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Sky-ESPN have exclusive rights to every SPL match in the United Kingdom. (Seperate deal allows delayed transmission of certain games on BBC Alba). Their deals include a clause whereby if there aren't Rangers + Celtic in the division... i.e. there isn't the potential for the 4 OF games + 34 OF away games which deliver most of the value... they can renegotiate or pull-out.

It doesn't state "there must be 4 OF games", that's an impossible commitment to make. And SPL clubs can say no to signging such deals if they don't like Sky-ESPN, or the clause.

cheers for that..was gettin sick of hearin folk say "the sky deal sez" then we all agreed that no fucker had ever seen it...has anybody seen it???:lol:

I can't help thinking that people would feel a little better towards Rangers if they were being a little more humble about their circumstances and not so arrogant.

If the admins had went about their job in the usual fashion and sold off half the team and most of the back room staff, they weren't staying in hotels a 45 minute drive away the night before a game, or wasting money on card displays while small companies go unpaid, people might be more inclined to accept the argument that they should remain in the SPL (albeit with some sort of points deduction/transfer embargo etc).

No.

I shall never have any other feeling than hatred for a club built on bigotry, continues to encourage it for profit, has progressed to cheating everyone they've come in contact with and would walk away tomorrow from the clubs about to save them given the chance.

The fact that their fans and club officials are acting like vindictive b*****ds only proves what a vile organisation it is.

Look grandad, get one of these smartphones. You can follow ever post on Pie and Bovril and even post your own comments no matter where you are (in the world except for the black spot between Dungiven and Draperstown!).

If that sounds difficult I am sure wee Jack will help sort you out. :D

Oh you've lost me completely...I'm quite happy with my pay-as-you-go mobile, for "emergencies" only. I'm sure Jack, or some of his cousins, could sort me out if I was that anxious for 24/7 coverage of The Greatest Story Never Told.

But you're quite right about Dungiven & Draperstown being black spots! laugh.gif

EDIT: I think the only grey area is whether the clause kicks-in if 1 of OF finished in the Bottom 6... i.e. if a 4th OF derby doesn't materialise... and they could cut a bit out of the fee - or whether it being possible (thus highly likely) at the season's commencement is the requirement.

cheers for that again ..theres so much folk seem convinced that there will be NO tv deal without that 4 fixtures..i know it might be reduced but im convinced that a nation of 5m soccerball maniacs wont be ignored by the tv companies ..

cheers for that..was gettin sick of hearin folk say "the sky deal sez" then we all agreed that no fucker had ever seen it...has anybody seen it???:lol:

cheers for that again ..theres so much folk seem convinced that there will be NO tv deal without that 4 fixtures..i know it might be reduced but im convinced that a nation of 5m soccerball maniacs wont be ignored by the tv companies ..

Of course, a TV deal would still exist from some outlet... there'd still be 19 Celtic away games, and 3 or 4 Edinburgh derbies. However it's clear that the primary value currently eminates from 4 OF derbies (so that disappears entirely), and the secondary value from 34 OF away games (halves) + 3 or 4 Edinburgh derbies, with some tertiary value in schedule-fillers and ad-hoc matters (e.g. a big relegation decider).

I'm quite prepared to believe that the deal would diminish very considerably from the existing £16M p/a agreement. Maybe chairmen do too.

Of course, a TV deal would still exist from some outlet... there'd still be 19 Celtic away games, and 3 or 4 Edinburgh derbies. However it's clear that the primary value currently eminates from 4 OF derbies (so that disappears entirely), and the secondary value from 34 OF away games (halves) + 3 or 4 Edinburgh derbies, with some tertiary value in schedule-fillers and ad-hoc matters (e.g. a big relegation decider).

I'm quite prepared to believe that the deal would diminish very considerably from the existing £16M p/a agreement. Maybe chairmen do too.

i agree with all that,, its now up to chairman to decide if a lesser tv deal outwieghs the loss of they,re real core support // long term future support.. this is a hoor of a dilemma.

i agree with all that,, its now up to chairman to decide if a lesser tv deal outwieghs the loss of they,re real core support // long term future support.. this is a hoor of a dilemma.

Not really ... the easy option is to firstly spend another £100 million signing players you can't afford and then play the newco/incubator card. Simple really ;)

I see Bill Millers hometown station WRBC wrote an article about Millers Bid and calling Rangers an Anti Catholic club,, :lol: :lol: As a result it was contacted by rangers fans telling the how wonderfull rangers are ...and now.....

It's being flooded by everyone else telling them what a bunch of vile scum they really are... :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/search/Wrcb%20rangers

Has anyone thought of sending them the links to the Youtube videos of the Rangers supporters outside the game last week or those breaking up the toilets. Sometimes Rangers own worst enemies are their own supporters.

Not really ... the easy option is to firstly spend another £100 million signing players you can't afford and then play the newco/incubator card. Simple really ;)

:lol:..yep , lookin forward to next weeks fixed odds " first to be incubated" coupon...worth a treble..

Regarding the UEFA licence issue -

http://wingsland.pod...troversy-ended/

I especially enjoyed the edit dated 17-04 :-)

Later that evening it was revealed that the Association is considering disbanding the SPL and SFL entirely and replacing them with a new National Football League. The SFA did not comment on the possible position of a newco Rangers in such a league.]

Oh my aching sides. The NFL. The Broncos will walk it. Neil Doncaster can kiss John Elway and Peyton Manning's arse. 8)

snapback.pngray_of_licht, on 05 May 2012 - 19:16, said:

Regarding the UEFA licence issue -

http://wingsland.pod...troversy-ended/

I especially enjoyed the edit dated 17-04 :-)

So the SFA's response to the fact, that under their own rules, Glasgow Broncos Trailerpark Trash can't play in the top division for 3 years.

Bend the brules --- NAH!!!!

Change the rules --- NAH!!!

Make them take their medicine ----God Forbid

NAH!! Lets completely dismantle senior football in this country, just to acommodate the F*cks.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

On a brighter note, is that their income now ceased after their last home game?

After season finishes there's the SPL prize money.

I think there's also a share of the fixture list publication money (for pools and fixed odds coupons) that gets paid end of season, but I could be wrong.