Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SFA Supporters Workshop (From the ArabTrust website)

sfa-26042012-2253.jpgPosted Thursday 26th April 2012

The Scottish FA is ready to reach out to supporters across the country to create a new Scottish Football Charter for implementation next season.

The charter is a key objective of the Joint Action Group formed earlier this season to improve behaviours across the game. The process is a joint venture between the Scottish FA and Scottish Government and will be led by James Proctor, the former development manager of Supporters DirectScotland.

James has joined the Scottish FA on a six-month government secondment and will be tasked with speaking to various stakeholders across the game before publishing the charter. Feedback from supporters at all levels of the game will be integral to the implementation of a viable charter to promote positive behaviours for fans, clubs, players and coaches.

Dates have already been made to conduct a series of supporter workshops across the country and Proctor believes open and honest dialogue is key to the success of the project.

"The charter will be an agreement between fans and clubs along with football and safety authorities to develop each other's rights and responsibilities," he explained. "This will be achieved through joint discussion, which itself will be a major tool for the establishment of dialogue between the different groups involved in football.

"My job is to guide the development of a charter that will help to make going to games a more enjoyable experience and as part of that I want to hear from fans about their experiences - the good and the bad. So, I'm going around Scotland speaking to fans directly and using this information to influence the development of the charter and build relationships between supporters, clubs and authorities.

"I am very aware that any project of this nature which seeks to discuss behaviour at and around games can set the alarm bells ringing. But I have been encouraged by my discussions with football, safety, government and policing authorities that there is a real desire to see supporters as an equal partner in this project."

Workshop dates

Tue 1 May - Caledonian Stadium, Inverness

Thu 3 May - Pittodrie Stadium, Aberdeen

Thu 10 May - St. Mirren Park, Paisley

Tue 15 May - Tannadice Stadium, Dundee

Tue 22 May - Fir Park, Motherwell

All events will run from 7.30 pm to 9 pm.

I would guess a "more enjoyable experience" would be watching teams who are not cheating off the field, and watching a league that had decency, integrity and a moral code.

Good chance for supporters to have a say about the Rangers newco, the walking away from debts and responsibilities.

Where you can let your views be known to your club, the SFA and the Scottish Government directly. Do NOT underestimate the role the Scottish Government will take in getting an honest and positive conclusion to this stain on Scotland.

Edited by thelegendthatis

If we threaten to boycott home matches against Rangers, our clubs would probably just sell all the tickets to Rangers fans :(. Money money money.

The SPL was set up originally to keep the vast majority of the money with the top clubs..It is a league based purely on greed and protecting what they have. If they do vote to demote the Newco it will be a first from them.

If Rangers are demoted it will harm the SPL financially and a few clubs are close to the edge..BUT..it will give the 'other' clubs a chance to change the voting system. It will give the clubs in the lower leagues a huge cash injection and hopefully reinvigorate the SFL..it might bring a small TV deal..it will certainly give the SFL much needed media coverage and might encourage supporters who have drifted away to come back to their clubs.

Rangers supporters will just have to accept the punishment that is handed down. I have been embarrassed by some supporters reactions and claims by people at the club that we are a special case. Gies peace...all i want is to be treated in exactly the same way as any other club.

If we are changing the game and looking to improve it we must also bring in a workable pyramid system..Ross County and ICT are both new ambitious clubs and have been great additions to the senior game. We need to encourage similar forward thinking clubs outwith the senior leagues

Since you never finished with a full stop, I shall continue....

unlike Rangers who have been a disgrace for the past few decades. wink.gif

If we threaten to boycott home matches against Rangers, our clubs would probably just sell all the tickets to Rangers fans :(. Money money money.

But, but the Orcs are going to boycott away games.

If we are changing the game and looking to improve it we must also bring in a workable pyramid system..Ross County and ICT are both new ambitious clubs and have been great additions to the senior game. We need to encourage similar forward thinking clubs outwith the senior leagues

Hmmm that may just increase the number of small clubs living outside of their means. A billionaire could take a team from the juniors to the SPL and then leave and all is wasted. - aka Gretna

Edited by Chuckinho

If it is all 12 clubs (which would be a good thing) then it has to go to an 11-1 vote. None of this simple majority, or 8-4 nonsense will do.

Rangers (and Celtic) are happy to use their super-veto to determine Scottish football. Now lets place that veto in the hands of Romanov and anyone else with the stones to carry out sporting justice.

And a secret ballot, like in Gentlemen's Clubs. One black ball and they're grovelling to the SFL to sneak in their back door.

Edited by welshbairn

If Rangers newco were refused entry to the SPL and gained admittance to the Third Division instead it would be interesting to see what would happen.

A number of fans of SFL clubs have been on this thread telling us that us SPL fans should never go to another game, etc.

In the scenario of Rangers gaining entry to the Third Division I'm assuming these guys will stop going to support their club?

If Rangers newco were refused entry to the SPL and gained admittance to the Third Division instead it would be interesting to see what would happen.

A number of fans of SFL clubs have been on this thread telling us that us SPL fans should never go to another game, etc.

In the scenario of Rangers gaining entry to the Third Division I'm assuming these guys will stop going to support their club?

I'd have thought SFL fans would turn out because being sent to the 3rd division is a fair and just punishment - staying in the SPL with the status quo as if nothing has happened would lead to fan discontent.

Edited by Chuckinho

The difference being the club will have been punished sufficiently and they will have no need to boycott the games and the Rangers support will just have to suck it up and get on with it.

Why you so worried it wont affect your cross stitch :P

Hmmm that may just increase the number of small clubs living outside of their means. A billionaire could take a team from the juniors to the SPL and then leave and all is wasted. - aka Gretna

It wont be outside their means as they will be getting money from the travelling support that will fill their grounds but more importantly long term is the media interest and the locals coming out to see The Rangers(they will) will hopefully start going back to the games and take an interest in their teams again

I don't think 1 home game against Rangers did Arbroath any harm or the local businesses

It wont be outside their means as they will be getting money from the travelling support that will fill their grounds but more importantly long term is the media interest and the locals coming out to see The Rangers(they will) will hopefully start going back to the games and take an interest in their teams again

I don't think 1 home game against Rangers did Arbroath any harm or the local businesses

Do the local constabulary in arbroath agree?:blink:

With the tax problems at Ibrox HMRC looks set to get the keys to the big hoose. The plan to rename the famous stadium the Inland Revenue Arena....or the IRA for short.

Plans not confirmed however, they're just provisional.

I will speak for myself only here.

If Rangers were to be relegated to the third division, this would seem to be being punished severely (apart from, kicked out of football) to the maximum. This would then default that it would be acceptable to go along to watch. (Not me, travelling expenses a bit too high). The reason I am saying boycott Rangers games is simply that they should not be let into the TOP league as a newco.

Example: If I became a billionaire just like Mr Whyte and took over Forfar Athletic, I had money to burn. I changed the company into SlipperyP Forfar, should the SPL open it legs and welcome me with my millions. After all I could bring top international footballers to Station Park, SKY TV would want me, why not eh!

Who needs promotion when you are a big club, we just stay in the top league (always). No matter what.

Are you for real?

SFL fans are telling you to boycott if they are not demoted as sporting integrity goes out the window,not because your team will be playing Rangers.

I think Rangers should insist on demotion, 3 years of battling against oppression while spending a lot less on wages rather than getting skelped in the SPL would surely give any new owner some breathing space to put proper foundations in place,build up a wee war chest and keep the natives happy.

Edited by ayrmad

If Rangers were to be relegated to the third division, this would seem to be being punished severely (apart from, kicked out of football) to the maximum. This would then default that it would be acceptable to go along to watch. (Not me, travelling expenses a bit too high). The reason I am saying boycott Rangers games is simply that they should not be let into the TOP league as a newco.

Example: If I became a billionaire just like Mr Whyte and took over Forfar Athletic, I had money to burn. I changed the company into SlipperyP Forfar, should the SPL open it legs and welcome me with my millions. After all I could bring top international footballers to Station Park, SKY TV would want me, why not eh!

Who needs promotion when you are a big club, we just stay in the top league (always). No matter what.

Bingo!!!!

The SPL is invitational only now.

Are you for real?

SFL fans are telling you to boycott if they are not demoted as it sporting integrity goes out the window,not because your team will be playing Rangers.

Ah, but, no, but, yeh, but, no, but.........

Just as I expected. :rolleyes: