Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The 14 teams bit is irrelevant to this discussion. That is open for discussion.

The problem for the non Old Firm clubs is many are in huge debt and fear that a Rangersless league will result in reduced TV income and push them over the edge. Celtic's presence means they won't have a competitive league either and so there is no real gain in seeing Rangers die.

Keeping Rangers alive and competitive means the SPL keeps the same level of TV income and they can get a greater share.

The only real loser in all this is Celtic. And who gives a fu about them.

The TV deal is peanuts for the other 10 teams remember 90% split 2 ways (rangers & celtic) 10% split 10 ways (St Mirren and the likes)

I believe it was either St Mirren or Motherwell chairman that stated a live OF game at their ground cost money on stewarding & policing with them losing revenue from smaller travelling OF support and less fair weather home fans or those with kids turning up.

Why should we keep Rangers competitive, why not Aberdeen or Dundee Utd or St Mirren for that case instead of helping 1 at the detrement to 40, lets sod the 1 for the good of 40.

If the SPL or SFA back down and allow themselves to be rangers rent boy I wont be back and i hope that Uefa ban the SPL from Europe for centuries (Sorry Motherwell) but if the SPL board members vote for this they are stabbing their own fans in the back and deserve nothing back, as your views and the views of the majority of clubs fans mean nothing to them only the TV money

You state that you do give a f**k about Celtic then state that the game has been tarnished.... :blink:

What tarnishes the game in Scotland most is the Old Firm exploiting sectarianism in order to dominate the honours!

I side with the other 10 SPL clubs for equality of competition, it benefits the game and the perception of it, even if it means My team Celtic being less advantaged than it currently is, im a football fan first who believes in fair play.

Its a serious point.

Motherwell & Dundee are cheats just like Rangers. If we are going to have a level playing field then it needs to apply to these clubs as well.

Motherwell are 3rd in the SPL and about to qualify for the Champions League. And they say that cheats never win? Seems to me that Motherwell are making a mockery of that.

Like i said, weak as piss. Dundee have done their time and taken their punishment. Motherwell did what they had to do to get out of admin, Rangers have done bugger all. Finally, comparing Rangers debt and duplicity to either of those teams is a complete and utter travesty of scale.

Weakest troll evah.

watched the C4 report with alex thompson there, brilliant, it just shows how good journalism in regards to this situation can be when you don't make deals with the devil, i was waiting for chick and his weegie media pals coming into the background with the torches and pitchforks for a good'ol lynching

one criticism from me is that he gets one point wrong. there will be no such thing as a shinny new rangers, the old adage that "you can't polish a turd" is so apt in this situation that it aint real.

i want my fucking £20 back rangers you robbing b*****ds!!!!!. and so does my wife and weans

watched the C4 report with alex thompson there, brilliant, it just shows how good journalism in regards to this situation can be when you don't make deals with the devil, i was waiting for chick and his weegie media pals coming into the background with the torches and pitchforks for a good'ol lynching

He still has a very big role to play. The SPL and SFA must be under no illusions as to the backlash if they even attempt to wave through a Rangers Newco: pressure by fans' representatives, to club chairmen, and also outside scrutiny. Thomson should be in a position to take them to the cleaners.

I'm well aware that people who do decide to stop going might become armchair/barstool fans, or go non-league... that was actually my point. What I seriously don't see happening is any meaningful % travelling south of the border each fortnight, or even particularly more regularly.

(In some respect TV in the pub is a rather odd protest choice in this scenario, though, given Sky-ESPN's existence would've been one of the reasons SPL chairmen sided with accomodation).

You're not getting it, it's not about a "protest" choice. It's not "we're doing this until we get our own way."

It's consumers doing what consumers always do - something sucks they move to something else and DON'T GO BACK.

Football is just an entertainment business like any other, if people find something that makes them happier, they'll move and throw their money at that instead. The days of "we'll support you ever more" are dead in the age of more entertainment choices than ever before.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/05/03/rangers-in-crisis-ibrox-club-will-live-within-it-s-means-as-long-as-i-m-in-charge-says-bill-miller-86908-23846854/

Rangers in crisis: Ibrox club will live within its means as long as I'm in charge, says Bill Miller

May 3 2012

bill-miller-image-3-874891306.jpg bill miller Image 3

Bill Miller hopes to complete takeover of Rangers by end of the season

AMERICAN towing tycoon Bill Miller promised to end the culture of over-spending at Ibrox after he was today confirmed as preferred bidder by the Ibrox club's administrators.

The 65-year-old millionaire has tabled an £11m bid for the club and favours a Newco option, although his proposed strategy does not involve liquidation.

Miller faces a job to convince the Rangers support that he has the best interests of the club at heart after they previously protested over his plans.

But today he said: "It is a great honour and privilege to have the opportunity to buy Rangers Football Club.

"I respect the club as one of the world's great sporting institutions and one of the UK's most venerable football clubs.

"What Rangers, which includes supporters, players, staff and anyone with the club at heart, have been put through, particularly in recent months, is a travesty and from what I can see they have been badly let down by a number of individuals.

"This will not happen on my watch should I become the custodian of this great club.

"Under my stewardship, Rangers will be managed with fiscal discipline such that the club not only conforms to UEFA financial fair play regulations but also such that Rangers will never have to suffer this kind of anguish again.

"From now on, Rangers will live within its means - no excuses.

"I have fought hard to try and offer Rangers a fresh start and I hope all Rangers fans will continue to rally round the club as we endeavour to leave behind this distressing chapter in the club's history.

"Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we have worked hard to ensure that there is no loss of history, no loss of tradition and no liquidation of Rangers Football Club.

"I wouldn't have it any other way."

How long before all those bears who are claiming he is the messiah who will lead them to the promised land realise what he is saying.

'No Money. There is no money. Zilch, nada, rien, nichts. No more big signings, no more big salaries. No more big team in the Champions League every year."

How long before the newly converted Bears start baying for blood?

The TV deal is peanuts for the other 10 teams remember 90% split 2 ways (rangers & celtic) 10% split 10 ways (St Mirren and the likes)

If we're into the realms of making stuff up, then I am particularly outraged at the SPL rule which states that all clubs which don't play in Glasgow have to pay £3m a year to have the pleasure of having their matches televised.

October 2009 - Walter Smith - warns that Scottish football faces a dire future if the Old Firm do not leave to join the Atlantic League "I take the opposite view to a lot of people. I think if we don't (leave), Scottish football is in danger of dying".

2012 - "..no one, especially in the SPL, wants to see Rangers leave with the support they carry and the amount of money they bring to the league itself". "Every club in the league would suffer..."

You're not getting it, it's not about a "protest" choice. It's not "we're doing this until we get our own way."

It's consumers doing what consumers always do - something sucks they move to something else and DON'T GO BACK.

Football is just an entertainment business like any other, if people find something that makes them happier, they'll move and throw their money at that instead. The days of "we'll support you ever more" are dead in the age of more entertainment choices than ever before.

Really?

But maybe you're right. Fans can't think much of their own clubs if they're going to desert them because Rangers don't get punished as much as they'd like (which is what it boils down to once all the fake moral outrage and dramaqueenery is stripped away).

Edited by Bearwithme

Best watch out. The Bears will have their lawyers onto eveyone over breach of copyright on boycotting matches.

He still has a very big role to play. The SPL and SFA must be under no illusions as to the backlash if they even attempt to wave through a Rangers Newco: pressure by fans' representatives, to club chairmen, and also outside scrutiny. Thomson should be in a position to take them to the cleaners.

agreed, this guy is the only guy how says it how it is, he has no agenda, he is far enough away from the scottish media bubble that he need not tow the party line. a very dangerous journo for the established order up here and will out anybody seen as being sympathetic to them. the sfa, spl and whoever else who are looking to get an easy ride pushing the newco in should be worried, as you say the backlash will be huge, i won't be surprised if he wakes up one morning with a horses head in his bed.

That's nonsense.

I believe it was either St Mirren or Motherwell chairman that stated a live OF game at their ground cost money on stewarding & policing with them losing revenue

That's unlikely, IMO.

I side with the other 10 SPL clubs for equality of competition, it benefits the game and the perception of it, even if it means My team Celtic being less advantaged than it currently is, im a football fan first who believes in fair play.

A celtic supporter from Edinburgh is "a football fan first".......

KTID