Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I disagree for me you either get rid of 'us' both or keep 'us' both. Having only one might seem like a step in the right direction for non old firm fans but I dont think it is. It is a step further down the diddy league ladder.

We're a diddy league with you in it. Much better to be a diddy league with only one set of bigoted knuckle draggers involved than two.

I think one of the issues is the difficulty in making that transition in a matter of weeks or months.

Some chairmen simply won't want the "smaller income" scenario, granted, but for others it may be the practicalities and risks.

You imply it's small change but it's not. If Rangers come to Easter Road twice in a season, it's the best part of quarter of a million £ in ticket income. Hospitality and in-ground sales will also be higher. Policing will be more costly than usual, yes, but clearly not to anything like the income.

Prizemoney for 10th is about £960k, the majority of which comes from TV and most of the rest from naming rights. It's the same story in the 2 cups.

Clearly that's a huge component of turnovers, and thus of clubs ability to meet existing commitments (e.g. debt repayments, contracts, etc.).

And while Hibs are fairly healthy in terms of debt and suchlike, and internal income generation, some other clubs aren't so healthy or so well-placed.

Now for absolute clarity - I'm not saying that the reductions in money justify giving Rangers an easy ride. Far from it.

I am saying that pretending there's no reduction in money, or that it's not a huge and - for some - threatening challenge, is simply naieve.

And yes, if OF were leaving to another league, similar scenario applies... but not unexpectedly at X weeks/months notice.

It's really not that hard. Clubs would just reduce their expenditure accordingly by not paying players as much. Like I'm guessing Hibs will doing they are relegated - unexpectedly at x weeks notice.

Why?

From two horse race to one horse race. TV revenues cut, attendances down. With both their is a product to sell. With only one of the OF it would be as I say another step down the diddy league ladder.

If you were to lose both halves of the OF then at least you would have an interesting and competitive league, all be it a less affluent one.

Anyway its not going to happen, no need to fret about itbiggrin.gif

It's really not that hard. Clubs would just reduce their expenditure accordingly by not paying players as much. Like I'm guessing Hibs will doing they are relegated - unexpectedly at x weeks notice.

Only 1 club gets relegated. Many clubs will have relegation release or wage reduction clauses in the contracts of players on longer-term deals... I doubt many have a "Rangers went bust" clause. Plus, would every SPL club get on OK with relegation? The more heavily indebted ones? Could they cope with it for multiple years v 1?

I just think it's rather naieve, and/or over-optimistic, to pretend it's a wee inconvenience. It's probably rather more than that.

And, if it's not, we've nothing to worry about. Self-interest where there's nothing meaningful to be lost logically forsees The Rest hoping to destroy Rangers.

Edited by HibeeJibee

today not seen any news, looked at any papers etc etc. as i can't be fucked going through this thread from where i left it last would some kind soul please fill me in on the latest developments. has the big hoose became the wee bungalow yet.

140 characters or less please

today not seen any news, looked at any papers etc etc. as i can't be fucked going through this thread from where i left it last would some kind soul please fill me in on the latest developments. has the big hoose became the wee bungalow yet.

Rangers are a bunch of fucking c***s and will hopefully die soon.

How's that?

Herald predicting an announcement in the morning giving the Yank preferred bidder status.

Wonder if the SFA/SPL are considering the implications of SKY money now that Murdoch has been officially found by a parliamentary committee to be not a fit a proper person to run a company and that it was only the Tories that didn't vote to make it unanimous.

Hmmmm.........

More fuel for the fire and another case of a lying cheating company thats been living off 'the people'

Parallel universes or what?

Edited by chrismcarab

Rangers are a bunch of fucking c***s and will hopefully die soon.

How's that?

oh well not much change from last night then

Herald predicting an announcement in the morning giving the Yank preferred bidder status.

another announcement on the preffered bidder tomorrow, by that they mean next Monday then

You do understand that it was only a two horse race these last ten years or so because of the financial doping at Mordor, don't you?

:unsure:

140 years of history says differently.. :rolleyes:

Edited by No8.

The SPL club chairmen are gonna be doing a rare old balancing act with a lot to consider in the next few days.

Sky/ESPN could pay a lot less for tv rights if Rangers not in the SPL – so less money coming in. But

Rangers not in the SPL could mean a higher league position – more money coming in. But

Rangers not in the SPL could mean more competitive matches – more money coming in. But

Rangers fans next season have been threatening a boycott - so no money from them. But

Each club has supporters threatening a boycott – no money from them.

Sounds like the chairmen are all gonna need a lie down after they finally make their decision !!

What I don't understand is why is the likes of Millar interested - there's barely any assets or value left in the club to be of interest.

The greatest 'long-term' asset is a club, called Rangers or similar, playing football. Spend £10-15m on the club and getting an 'agreeable' CVA together and within a couple of years of being a well run FC, you have assets of easily the same and a very strong likelihood of a business running a turnover of £30-40m per year.

Orkenkind aside, why would you not buy it?

140 years of history says differently.. :rolleyes:

I'm not particularly sure, although I'm happy to be corrected, that 140 years of history happened in the last ten years. :rolleyes:

FYI - financial doping at Mordor in the last 10-15 years...

Dave King - £20m

Joe Lewis - £40m

Tax dodging - £48m

Tax dodging - £3m

Tax dodging - £14m

NTL Media - £32m

MIH debt write down - £51m

JJB Sports deal - £18m

None of those deals, with the possible exception of the JJB one, are the sort of ones that club could ever count on again. And certainly three of them should never have happened in the first place.

Without that money, how competitive do you think your mob of shysters would have been?

Edited by pollymac