Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If you can stand any more Neil Doncaster, he's on Scotland Tonight at 10.30, STV. Hopefully the questioning will be more focused than rambling Jim Traynor..

You can ask questions via twitter for tonight's programme:

@ScotlandTonight

Tonight, SPL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster joins us to discuss the crisis in Scottish football. What would you like to ask him? #scotnight

So far quality of question is "why are you such a bawbag?"

Edited by mogodon

Sounds like you are going "Jardine" on us.

Not at all. If the SPL do indeed vote to allow a newco Rangers straight into the top flight, i genuinely believe supporters of diddy clubs will (in large numbers) have had enough, and Doncaster & Co's actions will unleash protests. We saw signs of it with the 'ten team' stuff... but it never grew too big, because it never needed to.

The Aberdeen fans letter to their chairman, our chairman offering to meet with St Mirren fans, the overwhelming view on here... The club chairmen surely know the mood out there about this.

I'll have my own ideas and will make my own decision on what do do with my £295 season ticket money if St Mirren vote to save their sectarian, cheating, threatening arses... Other fans can make their own minds up. I'm no 'Jardine' and have no desire to suddenly become Wolfie Smith and come over as some sort of Freedom for Tooting protest organiser.

Doncaster is a bawbag but he shouldn't take the focus of the anger away from the clubs. He runs a business but does what he's told by the clubs - it's they who set the direction and it's them who should be more concerned about sporting implications. Doncaster may be a fanny but he's well down the list of people fucking me off atm.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Doncaster is a bawbag but he shouldn't take the focus of the anger away from the clubs. He runs a business but does what he's told by the clubs - it's they who set the direction and it's them who should be more concerned about sporting implications. Doncaster may be a fanny but he's well down the list of people fucking me off atm.

You had me at 'Doncaster is a bawbag'.

Poll. Bawbag, fanny, or both. STV 10.30 tonight. You decide.

I can't believe anyone believes that Rangers will die. I am now going to define death in this context. Death is having no team called Rangers in their name somewhere, playing at Ibrox, being supported by huge numbers of people singing vile songs.

They will not pay their debts. They will be liquidated and they will be playing in the SPL. The only good that can come out of this for Scottish football would be a fairer voting structure and wealth distribution. That's all.

It will be a disgrace and will stink to high heaven. Chairmen of the non OF clubs will use words like "pragmatism" and "business" and will know that they're selling a product that has a core purchaser that will turn up no matter what.

Rangers will have ripped off the taxpayer, other football clubs, and cheated their way to numerous titles. That's nothing compared to the crime that is the death of any hint of integrity or sport in Scottish football.

This has proven once and for all that if you don't support either of the big two then you are wasting your money.

Perhaps one of the questions we should ask of Doncaster is how this will affect our reputation as a footballing nation in Europe/Worldwide, Surely this will completely destroy any kind of sportsmanship or credibility our "top" flight league has. We would be a laughing stock. Let the cheating scum back in via newco or otherwise and the game is truly a bogey. Personally I think HMRC will put paid to ANY plans of newco except perhaps at a junior or pub team level. HMRC have been quoted (if only I could find the quote) as saying "Tax avoidance is considered a crime by HMRC and as such we will NOT enter into negotiations". Im sure it was newsnight or something, but I clearly remember that being quoted ages ago.

Please die soon Rangers. My wife is going to divorce me for all the time im spending reading this thread!!

1335813918[/url]' post='6189931']

It will be a disgrace and will stink to high heaven. Chairmen of the non OF clubs will use words like "pragmatism" and "business" and will know that they're selling a product that has a core purchaser that will turn up no matter what.

Your might be very wrong on the turning up bit!

Perhaps one of the questions we should ask of Doncaster is how this will affect our reputation as a footballing nation in Europe/Worldwide, Surely this will completely destroy any kind of sportsmanship or credibility our "top" flight league has. We would be a laughing stock. Let the cheating scum back in via newco or otherwise and the game is truly a bogey. Personally I think HMRC will put paid to ANY plans of newco except perhaps at a junior or pub team level. HMRC have been quoted (if only I could find the quote) as saying "Tax avoidance is considered a crime by HMRC and as such we will NOT enter into negotiations". Im sure it was newsnight or something, but I clearly remember that being quoted ages ago.

Please die soon Rangers. My wife is going to divorce me for all the time im spending reading this thread!!

Remember what he said when the parcel bombs were getting sent, and Celtic were accusing the referees of corruption? "It raises the profile of the Scottish game." Twat.

More and more am I thinking 'bad' thoughts re the outcome, but, if a newco is to happen, with Doncaster making out it is 'normal', how many of them doon Sooth have been straight back in the shit within, say, a season or two?

I have no idea, but hopefully one of you does.????

Bingo. That's the only way out of this, if FIFA and UEFA take an interest and tell our association, the SFA, to sort out the financial doping.

Bingo. That's the only way out of this, if FIFA and UEFA take an interest and tell our association, the SFA, to sort out the financial doping.

This is the only truth. All today's shenanigans are a sideshow, Platini has made big noises about financial fair play. UEFA should be all over this like a rash.

I think the problem a lot of the diddy 10 club chairmen have is that the possible boycott of the club by their fans should a NewCo be ushered in is that it's an intangible threat. When looking at the league (and TV deal) without Rangers they can look at the balance sheet and attribute a certain value to their participation in the SPL. The fans protests are unquantifiable at this time.

No - what will work is fans making clear now to their Chairmen what will happen if Rangers are simply "readmitted" - be that by a "half" boycott, or by supporters trusts / fan groups doing what the Aberdeen fans have.

If a group of fans at each team who feel strongly enough were even to enter the ground 15 minutes after kick-off, so the Club isn't financially harmed, but the message is sent out that X fans won't be back if they let Rangers back, then they will do the sums. Even 500 - 1000 fans doing so would cancel out Rangers visiting twice a year.