Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

:( Someone is upset that Sky Sports didnt give a Fleck about the protest today

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=218506

crabflute.gif

Good grief. The OP in there Sky-plussed SIX Hours of footage in the hope there would be mention of the protest?

Anyone that tragic should be just be taken out and shot.

Good grief. The OP in there Sky-plussed SIX Hours of footage in the hope there would be mention of the protest?

Also Virgin are a better company cos their vans in Glasgow have union jack wing mirrors and they also sponsor Britain's Got Talent.

FFS! :lol:

Has anyone seriously addressed the economics of the "Scottish football needs Rangers" argument ?

With regards to the television revenues. Granted Sky maywant to renegotiate the contract without the old firm games, but (and this is a big but) the diddy teams see relatively little of that money anyway. Without Rangers the other teams would be able to redistribute the money in a fairer fashion, so how much of an effect would it really have on the other teams ?

With regards to turnstile revenue from the bi annual visit fromthe Orc masses.

Lets say rangers take 10-15000 away supporters, that's ashortfall of 20-30000 at the gates. Do Traynor et al really not believe thatmost teams in the SPL would easily increase their gates by much more than that,over the course of a season, if their teams competing in a more competitive andexciting league. Also the absence of Rangers can only bring a more pleasant atmosphere to the SPL. Generally I used to avoid the OF games because of their vile atmosphere and the threat of violence if my diddy team dared to win the game.

Has anyone actually done a breakdown of the numbers ?

Edited by exiled jambo

Unless you genuinely cut the mustard as a prodi, caffolic hating bigot, you'll get foond oot soon enuf and called a ta*g or worse. If you can cut the mustard, then fook off to them and stop pretending to be a Killie fan.

went to log on there and they have kicked me out before my first post, never even got past the front door, they must be edgy. guess its back to being a killie fan.

:( Someone is upset that Sky Sports didnt give a Fleck about the protest today

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=218506

crabflute.gif

Sky Sports are probably too busy with their reporters in Cheshire awaiting the inevitable result of the Macc Lads being relegated out of the English League today. Hopefully they'll be able to lift marshall law sometime next week :lol:

Check the join date. Pretty much every poster who has joined over the last 2 weeks has been a windup merchant. Now not that I am defending RM as it has it's fair share of zoomers to say the least but I do feel some of the threads shared here and used as point and laugh material are just people at it.

Got back in the car about 5 minutes after the final whistle at at Tannadice and the 'pundits' on Sportsound were, of course, discussing Rangers.

After reiterating the line that demotion to the 3rd division would be too harsh, one bright spark suggested Rangers could just go down one division with the Division 1 runners up taking there place.

Incredible idea that we should just rip up the rule book to accommodate these c***s. What makes it worse is if it were my team we'd be (rightly) kicked out on our arses without a backward glance.

I'm sure HibeeJibee has previously confirmed this. However I suspect it would be quite easily worked around.

IE, a member club proposes an amendment to change/remove this rule, then it's voted on by a panel, and if appealed, by every SFL rep. I reckon this would happen at a likely EGM to discuss the entry of another club to fill the vacant spot.

So for 'Govan Athletic' to have the membership criteria bent by the SFL, at least one SFL member club would have to propose that the rules on membership are amended either specifically for 'Govan Athletic' or for any incomIng SFL member club.

The SFL must comply with Financial Fair Play rules from the SFA and UEFA. Yeah?

By bending that rule the SFL, are in danger of Spartans and Cove Rangers suing their arses off.

So, If rules are applied correctly any Govan Athletic Newco would need to wait 3 years before making an initial application to join the SFL.

Then the SFA's proposed new leagues are for one reason only..

Silly question no.2: why were Ranjurs only censured by the independant panel on the charge of not paying DUFC for the cup tie rather than thrown-oot of next year's competition. You will recall the football authorities had to deduct a part payment at HQ

Answers on the back of a fag packet as we all know they got off with mince on the other charges (altho da Bears are greetin)

So for 'Govan Athletic' to have the membership criteria bent by the SFL, at least one SFL member club would have to propose that the rules on membership are amended either specifically for 'Govan Athletic' or for any incomIng SFL member club.

By bending that rule the SFL, are in danger of Spartans and Cove Rangers suing their arses off.

So, If rules are applied correctly any Govan Athletic Newco would need to wait 3 years before making an initial application to join the SFL.

Actually, it the SFA accepted Govan Utd into the 3rd, it'd serve them right when Govan overspent again and went back into Administration, potentially unable to complete fixtures. Things like Ibroke and Murray's folly ain't easy to service as fixed costs, and I've yet to hear of any proposals to eliminate the £10m per annum operating cost shortfall that the former Ranjurs are working with post player wages cuts.

Got back in the car about 5 minutes after the final whistle at at Tannadice and the 'pundits' on Sportsound were, of course, discussing Rangers.

After reiterating the line that demotion to the 3rd division would be too harsh, one bright spark suggested Rangers could just go down one division with the Division 1 runners up taking there place.

Incredible idea that we should just rip up the rule book to accommodate these c***s. What makes it worse is if it were my team we'd be (rightly) kicked out on our arses without a backward glance.

At least they are now actually contemplating the idea that Rangers will be getting more than a slap on the wrist. The momentum is gathering within the media.

When the Daily Record finally acknowledge the inevitable, that will be the full set.

Yeah this is where it all gets a bit confusing. H-J is definitely the man to explain this.

I don't think Spartans or Cove could sue after a rule change (as long as it was made in accordance with the SFL constitution). I am of course being extremely naive here, but i'd hope the chairmen involved in any such vote wouldn't be willing to sell their souls for £50,000 or whatever and completely f**k up their own club's chances of promotion in the process.

You've got to say then, tactical masterstroke from the SFA. Choosing when the SPL is at its weakest to grab power back in Scottish football.

'So you need a way to get Rangers back in the SPL? It's gonna cost you......'

'Anything!'

'Ok, but to do it, you'll need to vote yourselves out of existence and give power over professional football back to us.....'

The SFA's SNL would have to allow in Spartans, Cove and any other aspiring clubs that have been looking to get into the SFL if 'Govan Athletic' are automatically admitted at whatever level.

UEFA must be watching the situation, an irony could be that if Rangers are softly dealt with 'for the good of scottish football', that UEFA can pull the European slots away from the SFA in future seasons.

I think the liquidation and Newco route is dreaded by the football authorities. If the bidders do a CVA and keep the current company going in a weakened state in the SPL, it'll be much less messy.

Edited by chico

went to log on there and they have kicked me out before my first post, never even got past the front door, they must be edgy. guess its back to being a killie fan.

I was being rude n a bit sarcastic - I'm actually a FF member so I can read & shake my head at some of the bile! Was tempted the other day to screenshot and FW to Strathclyde Police when the 'kicking' threats to the Panel were rife!

Serious question which I've not got my heid around - can a newco Govan Utd really join even the SFL as I thought one of the rules was that you needed 3 years of audited accounts (way to show financial proberty)

Yeah, this is a question that hasn't really been satisfactorily answered for me. Source of authority? HibeeJibee, craigkillie?

I imagine that even if this is the case, this is a rule which will be broken. We're not going to get it all our own way.

NewCo can join SFL - it's got SFA full membership if it's been transferred (with SFA Board approval). That should also mean it carries the transfer embargo. On paper they cannot form a new company from scratch but not transfer the SFA full membership - as [1] a club joining SFL must obtain SFA associate membership within a couple of weeks of entry, and [2] obtaining that is supposed to need 3 years audited accounts, extant youth team, etc.

However, the potential always exists for rules to be bent or amended, as a poster above notes.

Rangers can't go down the NewCo route once in SFL, under existing SFL rules, as they expressly permit transfer-of-membership only when [1] changing legal status, or [2] in solvently restructuring.

I was being rude n a bit sarcastic - I'm actually a FF member so I can read & shake my head at some of the bile! Was tempted the other day to screenshot and FW to Strathclyde Police when the 'kicking' threats to the Panel were rife!

What stopped you?