Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just read the Sandy Jardine statement again. Now, I know he's not the most intelligent of guys and the true significance of his words may have escaped him but surely he can be charged with incitement or something for such a blatantly offensive and inflammatory statement?

His intelligence or otherwise is not a factor.

He knew what he said and his intended audience.

If he is a rangers employee he should be subject to the SFA's procedures and discipline.

There's a cringy picture doing the rounds on Facebook which has today's SPL attendances on a picture of the protest with some comment along the lines of "10k supporters that won't be at your ground next season".

To be fair if no Rangers fans turned up at SMP next season not only would it make the stadium a hell of a lot prettier, we would save a fortune on stewarding costs. Granted pie sales would be down...

i joined the enemy that is Rangers Media within the last couple of days, i won't give my user name for fear that the sympathizer on here will surely turn me over to Ze People.

don't know how to play it yet,

agent Engels(pie and bovril underground gers resistance movement) has begun ops.

this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

(i know, way to much time on my hands)

Couple of points which may have been covered...

1) When Airdrieonians went into liquidation they reformed as Airdrie United (a Newco). They applied to join the SFL and were refused, as the SFL said they wanted to send out a message that clubs simply couldn't go bankrupt, wipe out their debt and start again debt free. 10 years on this very ploy is being touted by many in the media as an option for Rangers. Do they rewrite the rules when it's a 'big' team involved? Why should Rangers do what Airdrie were explicitly forbidden from doing?

2) I kept hearing on the radio today that Rangers could start again in the Third Division as a Newco, and that they would be playing with a team of 17 year olds. The 12 month transfer embargo, like every other sanction, would die if Rangers were liquidated. A Newco would have no such embargo in force against them, nor could the league impose one.

Whilst not knowing whether you were a fan of Airdrieonians, despite being allowed to play in similar strips, Airdrie United are a reincarnation of Clydebank FC. Airdrieonians FC died 10 years ago, at the behest of David Murray, galling as much as it must be for Airdrieonians fans.

This whole situation could well end up with a similar situation with the removal, through purchase, of a club from it's fans. There are a few candidates, within Scottish Football, suseptible to a hostile approach. Did the SFL put any mechanism in place to stop the theft of a club, from its fans, ever happening again?

I'm sorry but, as much as I used to like our rivalry with Airdrieonians, I think to do that to another clubs fans is nothing short of despicable. For me that rivalry disappeared with the demise of both Airdrieonians, & Clydebank, & should any such repetition occur with a new "Rangers" entity. They will join Airdrie United in sharing the contempt with which I hold your club. It is a stain that will remain with that club forever.

IMO, the SFL were correct to reject Jim Ballantines application. When a club goes bust, then that's it, it's over, finished & the new entrants should be judged on ALL aspects. Not just one of how many fans they think they may be able to attract.

Well, as I'm sure you know Ric, 'Protestant' itself comes from the act of cupping your baws in your hands under oath.

So if they are happy wae the ''baw cupper'' tag I am sure Darktannedyin is sound.

nb, Protest derives from testes, true enough......:)

Edit to add re the Red Hand, it actually dont mean much, he might just be from Barra......

Ha! Protestant comes from protest as you know full well and protest comes from the latin testis (witness) or testari, to testify

However, as your explanation is far, far better and is probably included in certain initiation ceremonies I bow to your superior interpretation quite happily :lol:

Edited by EdTheDuck

His intelligence or otherwise is not a factor.

He knew what he said and his intended audience.

If he is a rangers employee he should be subject to the SFA's procedures and discipline.

Agree. We've seen the manager of Rangers come out with his 'who are these people' speech about the independent panel, and we saw the fallout from that. He has now been followed by Sandy Jardine standing on the steps of our national stadium telling us that Rangers and their supporters will be handing out their own 'sanctions' to other clubs and the SPL / SFA...

These two clowns should surely be facing disrepute charges.... and how on earth any SPL club chairman could even contemplate voting to save this club's arse for the sake of a TV cheque is now completely and utterly beyond my comprehension.

You'd think they would have better things to worry about :lol:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=218464

You have to wonder how many of these cretins are Protestant? If they are how many actually bother there arse going to church! All seem to be more concerned with king billy and Knox. I'm a science man myself and from the evidence presented think that the rangers fan(ny)s could actually be the missing link.

Yeah, this is a question that hasn't really been satisfactorily answered for me. Source of authority? HibeeJibee, craigkillie?

I imagine that even if this is the case, this is a rule which will be broken. We're not going to get it all our own way.

If they do get any ideas about breaking the rules, you can be certain Spartans will be reminding the SFA they will be able to successfully complain to UEFA about an association breaking its own rulebook and demanding action is taken.

What Rangers don't seem to realise is that once they're bankrupt and having to start again from scratch, they'll be up against a club maybe with not as many friends in high places, but enough of them nevertheless (The Scotsman newspaper group, Edinburgh University Old Boys network, etc) to be more than a match for them, and every bit as ruthless. Rangers undoing throughout all this has been the arrogance of being untouchable, I don't expect that to change even if they're having to apply for a new SFL place.

Yeah, this is a question that hasn't really been satisfactorily answered for me. Source of authority? HibeeJibee, craigkillie?

I imagine that even if this is the case, this is a rule which will be broken. We're not going to get it all our own way.

LOL - s'pose the rules wouldn't matter - but yet I wonder if the 3 year rule applies to registering as a junior team :D

960,000 rangers supporters and maybe, maybe, 10% of them are even vaguely aware of how the championship works, how the cups work or how europe works. The other 860,000 odd are aware of a title or a cup final and even then will actually acknoweldge them when they are won.

The epitome of scumbaggery and quite frankly nothing to do with football whatsoever.

You have to wonder how many of these cretins are Protestant? If they are how many actually bother there arse going to church! All seem to be more concerned with king billy and Knox. I'm a science man myself and from the evidence presented think that the rangers fan(ny)s could actually be the missing link.

Yes, somewhere between developing lungs instead of gills, and dinosaurs.

Serious question which I've not got my heid around - can a newco Govan Utd really join even the SFL as I thought one of the rules was that you needed 3 years of audited accounts (way to show financial proberty)

The quotes from Longmuir the other day were interesting, something about Spartans and cove rangers already bring in the queue

Whilst not knowing whether you were a fan of Airdrieonians, despite being allowed to play in similar strips, Airdrie United are a reincarnation of Clydebank FC. Airdrieonians FC died 10 years ago, at the behest of David Murray, galling as much as it must be for Airdrieonians fans.

I was, and yes, it is.

This whole situation could well end up with a similar situation with the removal, through purchase, of a club from it's fans. There are a few candidates, within Scottish Football, suseptible to a hostile approach. Did the SFL put any mechanism in place to stop the theft of a club, from its fans, ever happening again?

No they didn't. Look at Livingston. Clyde have themselves mooted plans to move to East Kilbride and away from their fans.

I'm sorry but, as much as I used to like our rivalry with Airdrieonians, I think to do that to another clubs fans is nothing short of despicable. For me that rivalry disappeared with the demise of both Airdrieonians, & Clydebank, & should any such repetition occur with a new "Rangers" entity. They will join Airdrie United in sharing the contempt with which I hold your club. It is a stain that will remain with that club forever.

I think we can live with that.

IMO, the SFL were correct to reject Jim Ballantines application. When a club goes bust, then that's it, it's over, finished & the new entrants should be judged on ALL aspects. Not just one of how many fans they think they may be able to attract.

We were judged on all aspects, we had more to offer, a better stadium, an established fan base, but Gretna were brought in, not because they were a better bet, but because an example had to be made. Having made that example they are now ready to forget they ever did so.

That's a good point actually.

Are we sure that it's an actual rule? No weasel words?

I'm sure HibeeJibee has previously confirmed this. However I suspect it would be quite easily worked around.

IE, a member club proposes an amendment to change/remove this rule, then it's voted on by a panel, and if appealed, by every SFL rep. I reckon this would happen at a likely EGM to discuss the entry of another club to fill the vacant spot.

i joined the enemy that is Rangers Media within the last couple of days, i won't give my user name for fear that the sympathizer on here will surely turn me over to Ze People.

don't know how to play it yet,

agent Engels(pie and bovril underground gers resistance movement) has begun ops.

this message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

(i know, way to much time on my hands)

Unless you genuinely cut the mustard as a prodi, caffolic hating bigot, you'll get foond oot soon enuf and called a ta*g or worse. If you can cut the mustard, then fook off to them and stop pretending to be a Killie fan.

:( Someone is upset that Sky Sports didnt give a Fleck about the protest today

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=218506

crabflute.gif

Good grief. The OP in there Sky-plussed SIX Hours of footage in the hope there would be mention of the protest?

Anyone that tragic should be just be taken out and shot.