Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Who are these people?" rages Ally about the independent panel that acted on behalf of the SFA. As he knows that the decision is perfectly appropriate given the monumental cheating that his team have engaged in over the last decade he's now playing up to the rabid type amongst the rangers support. Can't play the ball so play the man. Poor form sunshine.

I'm fed up hearing how we need the OF because Sky want their 4 games per season and Sky are the only game in town. That's as may be but perhaps if the game was not dominated by 2 bigot infested clubs other potential sponsors may be interested.

More pertinently all companies have a finite lifespan and it may be that in 10 years Sky is no longer what it was and the SFA/SPL are looking for new sponsors and deals.

You could get a situation when a deal is almost done when the potential sponsor discovers that the SFA/SPL bent over backwards to aid a corrupt, almost criminal club, decide they don't want their brand associated with that and pull the plug on any deal.

The SFA/SPL must be very careful not to waver here or they will do irreparable damage to the game in this country.

That's the first time I've caught any of the C4 stuff, and Cosgrove gave a decent account for once. The BBC's coverage of this thing has been laughable, nevermind the nonsense the papers have been spouting.

Rangers will be liquidated. There is no legal way of avoiding this. End of.

Somebody (anybody) can and will start a newco, but the only thing making them "Rangers" will be a similar name.

This newco, should be treated like any other club, and apply to join the SFL at the bottom rung.

They will likely be accepted purely on the basis of fanbase, potential & revenue and this will be fair enough, as this is the type of criteria the SFL always seeks.

HOWEVER, the time is running out to establish a newco in time for next season. The longer this drags out, the better, as we will be less likely to see a "Rangers" any time soon without a pyramid structure.

In short, goodbye and good riddance you bigot scum.

I agree with you. Being pedantic though---to apply to join the SFL you need something like 3 years of accounts. So, by my reckoning, if Rangers do liquidate and come back as a newco then they should have to join the queue behind the likes of Spartans and wait several years to be allowed back in...

I'm fed up hearing how we need the OF because Sky want their 4 games per season and Sky are the only game in town. That's as may be but perhaps if the game was not dominated by 2 bigot infested clubs other potential sponsors may be interested.

More pertinently all companies have a finite lifespan and it may be that in 10 years Sky is no longer what it was and the SFA/SPL are looking for new sponsors and deals.

You could get a situation when a deal is almost done when the potential sponsor discovers that the SFA/SPL bent over backwards to aid a corrupt, almost criminal club, decide they don't want their brand associated with that and pull the plug on any deal.

The SFA/SPL must be very careful not to waver here or they will do irreparable damage to the game in this country.

For me it says it all that SKY couldn't give a flying f**k about sporting integrity and right and wrong or cheating. As long as there are 4 Old Firm games all is well.

Here's a thought, what if Rangers survive this but with nae cash and nae signings finish bottom 6 next season. What then SKY? Only 3 Old Firms.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I think once all this has died down there should be a root and branch review by the BBC Sportsound of its contributors. Too many have vested interests it seems to have any kind if objective view. The whole set up seems to have completely turned a blind eye to SDM "legacy". I reckon we have not been well served by our public service broadcaster on this occasion.

the BBC are notoriously bad for bias, im sure they have been reported to ofcom on various occasions in regards to other matters, outwith football of course. but i agree with what you are saying about the review, they need to undertake a mass cull and start again, they have shown no impartiality throughout this whole saga. chick young should be the first shot out of a big canon over the clyde.

I agree with you. Being pedantic though---to apply to join the SFL you need something like 3 years of accounts. So, by my reckoning, if Rangers do liquidate and come back as a newco then they should have to join the queue behind the likes of Spartans and wait several years to be allowed back in...

Not sure if you're right there. The way I read it a Newco could just submit papers saying "Not Trading" for the the previous 3 years. They would have to compete with the Spartans and other hopefuls though..

Right I'm going to bed now.There had better not be 25 pages to trawl through when I get up tommorow,Was late into work this morning and took me till half seven tonight to catch up with the wankfest.SFA b*****ds releasing judgements after tea time.

the BBC are notoriously bad for bias, im sure they have been reported to ofcom on various occasions in regards to other matters, outwith football of course. but i agree with what you are saying about the review, they need to undertake a mass cull and start again, they have shown no impartiality throughout this whole saga. chick young should be the first shot out of a big canon over the clyde.

If they do that, they should cover it on 'Open All Mics'.... "Spency! Is that Chick flying towards the river now?"....."Hold on, hold on.... I think it is, but I can't make out the name on the back of his shirt..."

You're not being pedantic - it's the rules.

If I-Can't-Believe-It's-No-Gretna have had to sit out playing in the Scottish Cup for three years because of the accounts rules (and are still subject to a ground inspection being able to be made on time by a blazer), then why the fuckery are Rangers so special some seem to think they've to be allowed to jump right back into the league - and the top league at that according to some of the ultra-deluded?

There's no reason, so they can sit and sulk in the Juniors/EOS/SOS (if they'll have them) for three years or disappear into history's dustbin as a worked example of the bigger the pride, the bigger the fall.

Not sure if you're right there. The way I read it a Newco could just submit papers saying "Not Trading" for the the previous 3 years. They would have to compete with the Spartans and other hopefuls though..

No they can't. You cannot submit papers claiming that you ran a company for three years that three years ago didn't exist. You could try converting an existing company for three years into a sports one, and attempt getting around it that way, but woe betide any football authority sanctioning such subterfuge with UEFA when they have no accounts for three years as a football club. As I've said before, now is not a very good time to test their patience, especially with Rapid Vienna goosestepping up and down the corridors of power demanding their money back.

Some think the SFA are already backtracking from yesterday, I think Regan's statements were more a case of flowery words in the face of all the ludicrous conspiracy theories doing the rounds about the SFA being "out to kill Rangers". He could hardly say "you brought it all on yourselves" - that's not what officialdom is allowed to do. In any case, did anyone ever think in their wildest dreams the SFA would act the way they did on Monday? My guess is this isn't just for show before backpeddling, to me it appears they really have just about had enough at the end of a tortuous season when several clubs have tested their patience to the limit.

Listening to that Traynor mewing on Sportsound tonight, and daft Billy Dodds joining in and giving it 'we know Rangers deserve to be punished but this is too much' - Boo fucking hoo. Then the Rangers supporters spokesman saying that the punishment is unfair and suggesting alternative punishment was just too much for me. The spokesman also made the point that it was Craig Whyte and not Rangers who were to blame. Someone should explain to the guy that's not how it works (see Livingston Football Clubs plight). Aye, that's how it should be, Rangers get to decide on a punishment that they fancy. f**k them. Throw the book at them.

Listening to that Traynor mewing on Sportsound tonight, and daft Billy Dodds joining in and giving it 'we know Rangers deserve to be punished but this is too much' - Boo fucking hoo. Then the Rangers supporters spokesman saying that the punishment is unfair and suggesting alternative punishment was just too much for me. The spokesman also made the point that it was Craig Whyte and not Rangers who were to blame. Someone should explain to the guy that's not how it works (see Livingston Football Clubs plight). Aye, that's how it should be, Rangers get to decide on a punishment that they fancy. f**k them. Throw the book at them.

I agree, traynor and dodds should have books repeatedly thrown at them for their vomit worthy brown nosing tonight.

Taken from the Herald;David Whitehouse, joint administrator, said: We have today written to the chief executive of the Scottish Football Association requesting an immediate expedited appeals process over the sanctions imposed on Rangers by the Association judicial panel last night.

A few questions...........In the D + P world of deadlines context;

How will the SFA work out what the 'immediate expedited' phrase means ?

Will D + P set up a deadline for the SFA to hold an appeal ?

Once the appeal date has been announced, will the SFA be duty bound to hold it on that date ?

If not, will it be D + P who set a new deadline ?

Will the SFA be forced to meet that deadline ?

Will it be acceptable for the SFA to decide that they don't have enough information to hold the appeal on the date of the deadline ?

Will D + P finally put us all out of our misery by providing their definition of the word 'deadline'

Hmmmm St Mirren failed to play two outfield players under the age of 21 against Spartans in their Scottish Cup tie in 2006 and were fined £25,000

That's a one game mistake £25,000

10 years x what 40 games minimum @ £25,000 = £10 million and with inflation possibly more :lol:

£160,000 IS AN ABSOLUTE BARGAIN