Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It'll be ice-cream and jelly when they come,

It'll be spinkles, sauce and a flake when they come,

We'll be in ice-cream and jelly,

At the end of this melee,

Live on telly when the sequestrators come

Singing Die Die, Rangers Rangers Die!

Singing Die Die, Rangers, Die Die Rangers!

Die Die, Rangers Rangers Die!

It'll be Chick on suicide watch when they come,

Succulent lamb free days for Traynor when they come,

It'll be suicide watch Chick,

And every journo p***k,

Whyte and Jackson feeling pig sick when they come.

It'll be tears down at Hampden when they come,

Salty beers down at the Lodge bars when they come,

But loadsa cheers when they're flushed down the pan

Jeers at the Blue Knights failed plans

Golden years for all the real fans when they come

Guest Kincardine

The BBC - a broadcasting corporation reporting news - you know, facts.

Most newspapers - bit of a joke, considering the easy ride rangers have had from the Scots press up til now.

Radio Clyde - Another broadcaster who will employ lawyers to ensure they're not telling lies about rangers.

Jim Traynor - having a proper laugh now...

The SFA - Could possibly be aggrieved at a member club's behaviour casting doubt on their own integrity, with the attendant scrutiny.

The SPL - See SFA.

Alex Salmond - Actually defended this mob before he realised a)That would lose him votes, and b) they're indefensible

The SNP - Can't see the Union Flag mentality being too popular here, to be honest

Glasgow City Council - pretty sure the club DO owe money here.

The Roman Catholic Church - Bitch Please!

Talk Sport - Are they telling lies about rangers? Nah, didn't think so.

Real Radio - Lies from here? Get Duff & Duffer to sue, then...

Alan Green - Probably had to Google "glasgow bigots" before commenting.

The guy who usually commentates on Sky - Great - an imaginary enemy. Not paranoid, much?

Anthony Stoke's father - which side of the Sisters does he follow? Want to guess? So he'd be supportive of rangers - why?

The Labour Party - For not suggesting a bail-out a la Greece, or what?

Phil Whatever his name is - Given his surname (and I'm not going to try spelling it either), not one of rangers' core demographic, methinks.

The Church of Scotland - Eh? Not praying hard enough for a miracle, or what?

Oh, and you can add to your list every club, every fan and every working person in the entire UK who pays the taxes they are obliged to, and continue to do their best for themselves and their loved ones in these straitened times without resorting to criminality to purchase meaningless baubles and shore up a vile, bigoted "institution". That, by the way, includes the servicemen and women that the "Queen's club" love to wheel out when they're on leave before returning to fight for this country with substandard equipment because the taxpayer can't fund THEM.

Horrible, horrible people. Why won't this vile collection of shysters just admit they're irrelevant in the 21st century, that they've been caught bang to rights, and just get the feck out of our game, our country, and our lives.

Die, rangers, die.

KTID

You didn't actually read my post, did you?

The number of fans, pundits and journalists who still have absolutely no clue about what's going on is amazing.

Scottish sports journalist has his finger on the pulse, he's the guy we should all be reading,

Craig Whyte profile: The Scots billionaire on the brink of taking over the club

he loves

BY Keith Jackson - Scottish sports journalist of the year

Craig Whyte started playing the stock market at the age of 15. By the time he left school he had more than £20,000 in his bank account.

Today, aged just 39, this financial whizzkid from Motherwell stands on the brink of pulling off the biggest deal of his life - and finally bringing the curtain down on one of the longest-running sagas in Scottish football.

Record Sport understands self-made billionaire Whyte has entered into the final stages of negotiations to buy control of the club he loves from Sir David Murray.

And he's still one year younger than captain Davie Weir.

A deal worth around £30million is now believed to have reached such an advanced stage that sources say Whyte, a high-roller who splits his time between a home in London and the idyllic Castle Grant in

Grantown-on-Spey, could even have the keys to Ibrox in time to fund a major refurbishment of Walter Smith's top-team squad in January.

The news will delight Rangers supporters who have been fretting over the future of their club ever since Murray first slapped a For Sale sign on the front door of Edmiston Drive around three years ago.

As the club's financial health deteriorated to such an extent the banks moved in to control the purse strings, a series of false dawns came and went.

First, a consortium headed up by South African-based tycoon Dave King came to the fore only to fail to meet Murray's asking price.

Then, in March this year, Londonbased property developer Andrew Ellis emerged as the frontrunner and was granted a period of exclusivity in order to get the deal done.

But Ellis, now part of the consortium, did not have the financial clout to back up his bold promises and his bid collapsed, leaving Rangers firmly in the grip of the Lloyds Group.

Exiled Glaswegian King was then talked up once more as the possible saviour but he was also engaged in a long-running battle with the tax man and while those issues remained unresolved, he too looked l ike an

increasingly unlikely white knight for a club now engulfed by

crisis.

But yesterday, quite out of the blue, Record Sport learned a new man is at the table and that a deal to end Murray's 22-year reign is ready to be completed.

And that man is a relative boy.

By the age of 26, Whyte was already Scot land's youngest self-made millionaire. Now, 13 years on, and in charge of a vast business empire, his wealth is off the radar.

Whyte is a venture capitalist who has made his millions from playing the markets - a skill he secret ly began honing in his third year at Glasgow's Kelvinside Academy. In one of his few interviews he revealed how he immediately regretted going to the private school - because he despised playing rugby.

He said: "I hated the discipline of it. It was a rugby-only school, which I didn't play as I was interested in football.'' Whyte worked weekends for his dad's plant hire firm. And he saved up his wages to fund his

habit of gambling on Stock Exchange.

It is said that, by the time he left school, he had more cash in his bank than many of his teachers.

At 19, he was in charge of his own hire plant.

Now he owns his own castle - one of the most historic buildings in Scotland. And very soon he could be adding Rangers to his portfolio. It remains to be seen if Whyte's move to capture the club will f lush any other parties out of the woodwork because - despite their failure to strike a deal with Murray - King and his consortium have yet to throw in the towel on their own ambitions.

They had put together a package worth around £18m but this was flatly rejected and Ellis drove the price up when he agreed to pay Murray more than £30m.

The club's debt has been reduced by around £10m since then but the selling price remains the same.

Now, quite clearly, Whyte believes he will be able to close the deal and the young gun must have said enough to impress Murray, who has stated all along that he will only sell the club to the right people - men with enough

money to take the club forward.

Who knows? Murray may even regard Whyte as something of a kindred spirit.

After all, Murray was himself aged just 37 back in 1988 when he launched a takeover of the Ibrox club.

It was the beginning of one of the most successful periods in Rangers' history but Murray's aggressive pursuit of European glory eventually saw him writing the kind of cheques that his club could simply not afford.

Now Whyte is bringing his money to the table but it remains to be seen if he will adopt the same scatter-cash approach as the man who has owned the club for the past two decades.

But if he brings in even half of the number of trophies Murray delivered then the fans are unlikely to be complaining.

You didn't actually read my post, did you?

Ermm, yeah, I did. Did you understand mine, or has your IQ dropped to rangersmedia or swallow swallow levels? All I was trying to do was to point out the inherent paranoia of believing the likes of the BBC are "out to get" rangers, along with the usual knee-jerk suspects such as the Catholic Church and anyone with an Irish-sounding name, or connections to rangers' green business partners. Of course, this probably marks me in the average rangers fan's mind as a tattie-munching kafflik cellic fan, but the weird thing is, it's not just them who hate rangers and all they stand for. just for a minute, ask yourself :

is it possible that the people who run your club have cheated and lied their way to success over the years, failed to pay their dues and have now been caught out by their worst nightmare - a government which doesn't care about their "tradition", which isn't bothered which lodge anyone goes to, and adheres to only one religion - money? *

KTID

* A clue - the answer is "Yes". Happy To Help.

I cannae be bothered looking through Twelve Thousand Five Hundred and Thirty Eight posts.

What's tomorrows deadline about? :unsure:

Haudit and Daudit doing 1 last deadline before the next deadline which proceeds the final deadline..... of this month?unsure.gif

Wih haudit and daudit pocketing Gers cash at a fair old rate, how long can they keep going on what is left?

They must have no money by now.

From the Random Thoughts re Scots Law blog

So Will Rangers (In Administration) Run out of Money, and When?

Yes. From all the calculations above (which I accept may well be wrong, but they are based on the best data available) I see it as being very hard for Duff & Phelps to make it past the end of June.

In addition of course, none of the above includes a penny paid to the Big Tax Case, the Medium Tax Case or the Wee Tax Case.

For Rangers to survive, Duff & Phelps need to sell the company to a bidder who will (a) pay off Craig Whyte for his interest and (b) put enough in the pot for a CVA to be acceptable to the taxman and other creditors. In addition, they need to complete the sale by the end of June. As that process would involve an investment over £100 million, without a penny going on players or staff, I think we can agree that that is not happening, and even if it was remotely possible, it is not happening within the next ten weeks!

For there to be an attempt for a “Rangers” to survive, Duff & Phelps would need to sell off the assets of Rangers Football Club PLC to a buyer in sufficient time for that purchaser to organise a license to play in the SFL/SPL, and for all arrangements to be put in place for a team to start next season.

The longer Duff & Phelps succeed in keeping the doors open, the less chance there is for a new owner of a “Rangers” to get everything in order in time for preparation of fixture lists for next season, for example.

I am coming to the view that there is almost certainly not going to be a Rangers, nor indeed a “Rangers” playing in Scottish football next season (apart from the team from Berwick of course).

The best, and possibly now only way to get over the hurdles of time and potential legal challenge to any sale as mentioned above, would be for a person or consortium looking to save “Rangers” to buy an existing club, and rebrand it, moving it, ideally, but subject to agreeing rent with the owner, to Ibrox.

It appeared that Rangers may have tried this with St Mirren and there are rumours that Cowdenbeath could be ripe for takeover. We will need to wait and see.

I booze all night, I sleep all day, sod the bills I don't have to pay

It's too bad

And still there never seems to be a penny left for HMRC

That's so sad

In my dreams I have a plan

If I got me a wealthy man

I wouldn't have to pay them all,

I'd fool around and have a ball

Money, money, money

Hey Mr Murray

It's a Rangers world

Money, money, money

Gies yer money

For the Rangers world

Aha-ahaa

Ah the league I could screw

If I had a little money

It's an Ibrox world

It's the peepul's world

Edited by NewBornBairn

this thread is massive now, i'm told that if we lay all the posts out next to each other they would circumnavigate the world three times, is this true?

how big do we reckon the "rangers liquidated" thread can go.

Won't last long. Give it 3 days and everybody will be saying "Rangers? Who the fvck were they?" :lol:

Canny see the guys at Cowdenbeath allowing that, who is in charge at Cowdenbeath anyways

can't see it.

sounds like desperate straw clutching. Donald Findlay may be a Rangers man but he's also from Cowdenbeath and he wouldn't sell their league place having spent the best part of the last two years trying to keep the doors open and ensure the club has a future.

That said, it's pretty clear the SFA and SFL would do absolutely hee haw about a smaller struggling club being franchised, if that's the route a newco Rangers, too late to complete all the entry formalities as a stand alone company, chose to take.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

If they were to franchise anyone it would be the Shire, I suspect. They are currently the weakest of all the SFL clubs in terms of financial clout and future development possibilities.

There's been bumping of gums about Cowden and the involvement of Donald Finlay there is I think encouraging many people to put 2 and 2 together and get 17. After all Finlay and the current board running the club only got involved after the previous board (and owners of Central park) attempted to sell their league place to Spartans. Again, the SFL would have done absolutely nothing if that plan had gone ahead.