Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The EBTs were loans and not payments.

I am pretty sure it was in the Rangers audited accounts and therefore disclosed to the SFA/SPL

So actually it is not a 2nd payment and does not contavene SFA/SPL rules

The obvious answer to the debt problems then is - why dont they call in the loans?

I dare say there's an element of publicity seeking being done by the "bidders" but lets face it the cheerleaders in our media are desperate for someone anyone to save one of their beloved brothers.

Without the old firm supporters to lap up shite about "EPL star to sign for Celtic/Rangers" they might actually have to rely on some journalism skills !

What the f**k is this oddball playing at?

Does he have the money to bid, or not? Is it just a means of upping his media profile? Any why does a rugby-following Stockport-based "Hibs fan" care so much?

Downright odd.

:huh:

He's certainly acting strangely for someone who doesn't want to buy Rangers. I don't want to buy Rangers either so perhaps I should run to the papers and tell them that but put in a bid anyway/

He's certainly acting strangely for someone who doesn't want to buy Rangers. I don't want to buy Rangers either so perhaps I should run to the papers and tell them that but put in a bid anyway/

I dunno why the f**k a Hibee would want to save them anyway, he's clearly a moron.

Trawling through some of the responses on that Record article about Kennedy uncovered the below regarding the Man Who Sold his Vowels (apologies if this has been posted before)

Chinaman or googly?

Needless to say, the match may have been shown the next day, especially given the time difference, but it does smell a bit, y'know, fishy.

Edited by Mr X

Does he have the money to bid, or not? Is it just a means of upping his media profile? Any why does a rugby-following Stockport-based "Hibs fan" care so much?

Downright odd.

"With each day that passes without a solution being found a little bit of the football club is dying. "

:cheers

And worryingly for Gers fans, Ng last night claimed he is still "miles away" from delivering a rescue package.

What the hell is going on though? Someone needs to write a "Ranger's Death for Dummies" guide. You blink and something else incomprehensible happens.

Trawling through some of the responses on that Record article about Kennedy uncovered the below regarding the Man Who Sold his Vowels (apologies if this has been posted before)

Chinaman or googly?

Needless to say, the match may have been shown the next day, especially given the time difference, but it does smell a bit, y'know, fishy.

Fixed link

:lol:

In the words of Ed Miliband, "they just don't get it".

When I previously mentioned that the Rangers support's blind "loyalty" was every bit to blame for the current mess it was dismissed as nonsense. Now, 11 months on we still have no.8 displaying those same tendencies, trying to justify something that is so obviously wrong. Even if the Big Hoose was on fire they would tell us it isn't.

Now there's a thought for them. maybe they could score on an insurance pay out.............What do you mean they haven't been paying up their policy?

I am surprised that Bill Ng has claimed that he watched as Rangers lifted the European Cup Winners Cup in 1972. The match was not screened live. I was at Hampden that night to watch Scotland versus Wales and I watched the highlights from the Rangers game after I got home. The match was definitely not on live television. (Unless my memory is a bit rusty and I'm sure it's not).

Now there's a thought for them. maybe they could score on an insurance pay out.............What do you mean they haven't been paying up their policy?

you appear to be assuming their insurance premiums are up to date;

Now that would involve them having paid the bill in the last 10months.................

Oooops misread you - of course they haven't paid.

Edited by MEADOWXI

I am surprised that Bill Ng has claimed that he watched as Rangers lifted the European Cup Winners Cup in 1972. The match was not screened live. I was at Hampden that night to watch Scotland versus Wales and I watched the highlights from the Rangers game after I got home. The match was definitely not on live television. (Unless my memory is a bit rusty and I'm sure it's not).

Did he claim that he watched it live? I thought it was just after seeing Rangers win. Maybe it was the highlights on the news.

Downright odd.

He's more a rugby man than football, and by a good distance.

He also bought the heavily in debt Stockport County FC and transferred ownership of their ground to his rugby team before handing the football club over to the fans with the debt still intact (but minus a stadium). Then his rugby club started to charge the football club rent.

He was sniffing around Edinburgh Rugby (Gunners as they were at the time) several years ago when they were up for sale.

And also wanted to bring London Scottish to Edinburgh.

I understand he wants to move into Scottish Rugby, possibly with a team from Glasgow who may or not be moving to an Athletics ground in Scotstoun for next season and who, with the right investment and a bit of shrewd running, could make a substantial impact on the European stage.

He appears to want to buy an ailing Glasgow football club with, what has to be said, rather excellent facilities, stadium and training centre both, for a very minimal sum of money.

I'm not sure if any of the above are dots that can be connected.

Edited by pollymac

Did he claim that he watched it live? I thought it was just after seeing Rangers win. Maybe it was the highlights on the news.

Courtesy of copying and pasting:

but friends around him maintain he has had a lifelong passion for Rangers from the first game he saw, the 1972 Cup Winners Cup final

He watched it just there on youtube.

I totally believe this guy is a genuine Rangers supporter and has been for more than 40 years.

The Daily Record has kindly informed me of such.

1334750328[/url]' post='6151681']

He's more a rugby man than football, and by a good distance.

He also bought the heavily in debt Stockport County FC and transferred ownership of their ground to his rugby team before handing the football club over to the fans with the debt still intact (but minus a stadium). Then his rugby club started to charge the football club rent.

He was sniffing around Edinburgh Rugby (Gunners as they were at the time) several years ago when they were up for sale.

And also wanted to bring London Scottish to Edinburgh.

I understand he wants to move into Scottish Rugby, possibly with a team from Glasgow who may or not be moving to an Athletics ground in Scotstoun for next season and who, with the right investment and a bit of shrewd running, could make a substantial impact on the European stage.

He appears to want to buy an ailing Glasgow football club with, what has to be said, rather excellent facilities, stadium and training centre both, for a very minimal sum of money.

I'm not sure if any of the above are dots that can be connected.

I'm beginning to warm to Kennedy. Reading between the lines, mind.

It was live on the radio as far as I can recall - not sure about the TV, though.