Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Living here in Canada I rarely get to listen to sportsound live so I keep up with the podcasts. Having just listened to Thursdays one I have to ask myself how does that f***wit Chick Young have a job ?

As a radio commentator his verbal communication skills are frankly rather poor (that's being kind) and he has a bloody annoying voice. As a journalist, has he ever asked a searching question of anybody ? or does he just believe every piece of bullshit he is told ?

As far as Jim Traynor is concerned he is just another old firm apologist, least said about him the better.

From what I have seen over the past few weeks I have come to the conclusion that there's a lot deal more jiggery pokery going on in the higher echelons of Scottish football than I ever imagined (and I thought there was quite a lot).

I've said this many times before, only in Scotland could Chick Young hold down a job that has him stuttering and stammering on the airwaves, talking absolute horseshite the majority of the tim and that's when you can understand a bloody word he's saying.

Traynor to be fair has got Rangers fans backs up today with that article, not the first time he's suggested they go down to the Third, he wrote a similar piece over a month ago.

alex thomson ‏ @alextomo Reply Retweet Favorite · OpenRadio Clyde have invited me on to their football phone-in on Monday

alex thomson ‏ @alextomo Reply Retweet Favorite · OpenYes I've accepted of course. Though I doubt anyone will want or need more than a few minutes

At first, the SPL's proposals got me annoyed.

But then I tried to think of it from any future owners point of view; the points deductions for two seasons and 75% loss of prizemoney revenue coupled with, as far as I know, 3 years of no European football (Uefa are probably keeping a keen eye on this situation...) can't possibly be attractive, apart from maybe asset-stripping for Ibrox/Murray Park (which don't exactly hold much value as properties for various reasons)

I'm hoping for a situation where Rangers are liquidated and there's literally nobody wanting to take Rangers on after that because even a NewCo Rangers just wouldnt be worth their time. It would be fucking marvellous. biggrin.gif

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

No but HMRC's increasing intolerance of football clubs that play fast and loose with tax does. So Porstmouth and Port Vale are spicing things up nicely for Rangers. I do hope its painful.

Since day one of this HMRCs postion has remained the same. The country is skint, they're coming after you.

It is only the twangers who say "aye Rangers will get deal" that has changed,

I've said this many times before, only in Scotland could Chick Young hold down a job that has him stuttering and stammering on the airwaves, talking absolute horseshite the majority of the tim and that's when you can understand a bloody word he's saying.

Traynor to be fair has got Rangers fans backs up today with that article, not the first time he's suggested they go down to the Third, he wrote a similar piece over a month ago.

I thought Chick was a Range...er... St Mirren fan?

I still don't quite understand, if it was decided that Newco or whatever they were called weren't to be readmitted to the SPL why would they automatically get into the SFL 3rd? Surely they would have to apply for membership along with any other interested clubs.. or have I missed something in the last 470 odd pages?

Edited by Am Muilleach

I still don't quite understand, if it was decided that Newco or whatever they were called weren't to be readmitted to the SPL why would they automatically get into the SFL 3rd? Surely they would have to apply for membership along with any other interested clubs.. or have I missed something in the last 470 odd pages?

Yes, they are Rangers and they do what they like. In the event they get liquidated and the newco has to apply to get into div 3, could you imagine the uproar if someone actually had the studs to say welcome Sauchie or whoever laugh.gif

It would make the day they get liquidated seem like an ok day in comparison, i might actually cum without touching myselfph34r.gif

From The Bears' Den

Taking too long, it's one stall after another, next week something else will pop up and we will have another delay. I've fucking had enough now god knows what Ally and the players must be going through, this is a fucking outrage of the highest fucking order, I hope those fucking b*****ds at the SPL/SFA can fucking live with themselves, utter utter c***s!

When are these "utter, utter CVNTS" going to get it into their collective brain cell that everyone at the SPL, SFA and every other club in Scotland can quite happily live with themselver. YOU and nobody else, YOU got YOURSELVES into this mess so shut the f*ck up and do something about getting yourselves out of your own crap. And it will take a hell of a lot more than the £1872 quid you scraped up to save your f*cking *rses. Huff and Puff get this for 3 hours of tea breaks.

From The Bears' Den

When are these "utter, utter CVNTS" going to get it into their collective brain cell that everyone at the SPL, SFA and every other club in Scotland can quite happily live with themselver. YOU and nobody else, YOU got YOURSELVES into this mess so shut the f*ck up and do something about getting yourselves out of your own crap. And it will take a hell of a lot more than the £1872 quid you scraped up to save your f*cking *rses. Huff and Puff get this for 3 hours of tea breaks.

Go you, that's quite a rant laugh.gif

There is 1 way to hurry up this whole episode, pay the f**king £134M you owe you bill dodging parasites.

The hypocrisy of the club that goes on about Scottish football needs them. Scottish football needs the money you owe as does the HMRC ya chancing gits.

It's nobody elses fault that you didn't pay your bills. If i didn't pay mine i wouldn't blame anybody else.

From The Bears' Den

Quite right. Instead of bitching, moaning and complaining, they should get off their fat arses and try and find the money to pay back what they owe.

(Fcuking shameless wonkers <_<

Yes I know that, technically it's the club that owes the money, but fcuk it, it's Friday and I'm having a rant :P

Chick Young is clearly comedy value.

"insolvency transfer event means admin, NOT liquidation".

Richard Gordon:

"um, ok. Actually Chick..."

Chick:

"Rapid Vienna can block the CVA"

Richard Gordon:

"Uh Huh. Actually Chick...."

Useless.

just read on the bbc that the potential buyers want access to the SPL to ask about the rules changes.

My query is... If they don't plan on liquidatingthen these rules won't effect them.

You are forgetting the most importing thing

just read on the bbc that the potential buyers want access to the SPL to ask about the rules changes.

My query is... If they don't plan on liquidatingthen these rules won't effect them.

Might be wanting to confirm that if Rangers start next season still in admin it will be on minus ten rather than minus a third of this season's total.

Might be wanting to confirm that if Rangers start next season still in admin it will be on minus ten rather than minus a third of this season's total.

And when is the official start of next season?

Positive i read Scottish cup is the final day of this season and next season starts the day after, could be wrong. HJ you wanna help here?