Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.telegraph. ..ers-crisis.html

The return of Gary Withey?

Very poor piece by Forsyth - not once did he bother raising the question about whether those alleged threats (which the police have stated is the first they've heard of them ) and his abrupt resignation had anything to do with the St Mirren board discovering he'd been allowed to look at their confidential records by a St Mirren board member planning a take over, raising the spectre that Whyte planned doing what Airdrie did to Clydebank?

Any boycott will soon become more point and laugh material for everyone else.

- Rangers have far too big a fan base for anything like a 100% boycott of selected grounds to be achieveable.

- One of the selected grounds for boycott would be Celtic Park. I can already hear the cries of "Aah, but oor players need wur support when we play them".

- What happens when Rangers are eventually in a position to win a championship again at, for example, Tannadice? Do none of them turn up to see it?

I'll concede that if the RSA declined away tickets for their buses that would have the most noticeable impact but I don't see the owners of Rangers stopping selling away tickets to ST holders. The host club would probably also offer away end tickets.

The most noticeable sign of a boycott will be a half empty away end at Tannadice next season as they are public enemy number 2, behind Celtic who won't be boycotted to any noticeable degree.

ETA - The 'boycott' may extend to all grounds, including Ibrox, if things aren't going too well on the park, but that's different. :P

Edited by H Wragg

Its ridiculous how the SPL had nothing in place for the scenario that could take place. I'm sure the lax attitude towards insolvency events and this is regarding Gretna, they didn't have to do anything as Gretna were heading back down anyway so would not be their problem end of season. With Dundee and Motherwell they were given until the end of that season to sort themselves out or they would take a 10 point deduction the following season. Its easy to see people seem to think the SPL have a 'lets cross that bridge whwn we come to it' attitude already apparent with other issues in the past such as stadium criteria or disciplinary procedures. I can see why Rangers fans would think the SPL were kicking them when down, maybe if there had been better communication between the SPL and all its members clubs and not just Rangers everyone would know where they stand.

You're right, the SPL should have had something in place already, but obviously never considered this scenario ever coming to light - although, god knows why not! I still think the SFL have the right idea. Their rules basically give them leeway to punish as severely as they see fit, dependant on the "crime".

However, what do you think Rangers fans and the administrators expected the SPL to do? Liquidation and the formation of a newco is a very distinct possibility. Did they honestly expect the SPL would just sit back, let them go down that road and then change the rules?

And this stuff from D&P about it holding up the process seems to be a load of smoke and mirrors. None of the bidders have said this, in fact two have said the complete opposite. Once again D&P are clearly at it.

The worst thing is that old firm Rangers fans will read this article and take it word for word . Certainly , the one's I know will. In the balance of fairness , I haven't seen any dissenting guest writers in any of the tabloids . Maybe I have missed them or maybe because they don't exist.

Fixed that for you

They've never done Rangers — or Celtic for that matter — any favours, nor are they ever likely to either.

Sorry, but if you've broken rules or the law, why should you expect any favours from anyone?

They really should just stop moaning about everyone else and just expect they have shamed themselves and take the punishment

Very poor piece by Forsyth - not once did he bother raising the question about whether those alleged threats (which the police have stated is the first they've heard of them ) and his abrupt resignation had anything to do with the St Mirren board discovering he'd been allowed to look at their confidential records by a St Mirren board member planning a take over, raising the spectre that Whyte planned doing what Airdrie did to Clydebank?

Except this would be regarded as a hostile takeover. Clydebank were nothing but a name and league membership when the new club Airdrie Utd came in. St. Mirren are a fully functional, no debt club with very much its own identity. You can just imagine how horrific it would have been for Scottish football not just for St. Mirren had the plan worked what ever was going to happen and maybe it had more to do with either sharing assets or debt.

Not sure though if you move your earnings around fast enough between your companies (football clubs) in this country that you can avoid paying tax, makes me think, what else is Craig Whyte hiding. I think Craig Whyte really needs to be removed from Rangers and quickly, the longer he stays the more time his lawyers and his people will create so much legal shenanigans and interference it will take longer and longer to untangle this mess.

Its ridiculous how the SPL had nothing in place for the scenario that could take place. I'm sure the lax attitude towards insolvency events and this is regarding Gretna, they didn't have to do anything as Gretna were heading back down anyway so would not be their problem end of season. With Dundee and Motherwell they were given until the end of that season to sort themselves out or they would take a 10 point deduction the following season. Its easy to see people seem to think the SPL have a 'lets cross that bridge whwn we come to it' attitude already apparent with other issues in the past such as stadium criteria or disciplinary procedures. I can see why Rangers fans would think the SPL were kicking them when down, maybe if there had been better communication between the SPL and all its members clubs and not just Rangers everyone would know where they stand.

Motherwell were still in administration going into a fresh season, there were no rules at all in place then. Had there been, I don't think we'd have bothered.

The SPL did kick Rangers when they were down in terms of the announcement timing, I can see why that has annoyed them. They have no right to complain about the rules though.

And agree completely the SPL should have taken the warning from Gretna and put rules in place.

And this stuff from D&P about it holding up the process seems to be a load of smoke and mirrors. None of the bidders have said this, in fact two have said the complete opposite. Once again D&P are clearly at it.

To take on a company with this much debt and the potential for even more, I would doubt these potential buyers would be intimidated by this if they knew what the f**k they were doing.

Same as the complaints from Ralph Topping over the meeting for the 10 clubs over so called 'potential sponsors' were put of. This is all about trying to influence the gullible media hacks or how they perceive the average football fan as nothing more than a moron.

Just shows how much of a hold both the OF have on the game in this country and how little say anyone else gets even in a so called democratic system in the decision making within the SPL.

They don't deserve a chance. When your team and mine found itself behind with the taxman we sold two of our best players and half the stadium to pay the tax bill and clear some of the bank debt and get to a more sustainable footing. Why the hell should Rangers be any different? We are being taken for fools here and abused as enemies of the Rangers "peepul". They can GTF as far as I am concerned.

Edited to add... I'm fuckin raging tonight and it's not all their fault.

Calm down mate!! I was being totally sarcastic. Yes, we know that Thistle are honourable and they are scum.They deserve everything they get, BUT we really shouldnt be surprised if they get away with it.Scottish football is corrupt to the core and has been for years!!

Motherwell were still in administration going into a fresh season, there were no rules at all in place then. Had there been, I don't think we'd have bothered.

The SPL did kick Rangers when they were down in terms of the announcement timing, I can see why that has annoyed them. They have no right to complain about the rules though.

And agree completely the SPL should have taken the warning from Gretna and put rules in place.

The way things are going I would look at the opinions of Rangers fans and think "these poor b*****ds, no one will listen to them anymore, all they can do is scream 'its not fair' like a toddler that's had his favourite toy taken of him for hitting the other kids with it". As someone said earlier what did they expect the SPL to do, sit back and let that club get away with it?. The SPL had no choice but to deal with this newco scenario.

They announced that a club in an insolvency position could transfer their SPL share to a newco - far from kicking Rangers this is a gift to them. Only the ludicrous Rangers Supporters 'Trust' could get into a moral huff about that. The media give these fuds too much status. The least trustworthy people currently representing fan opinion.

He was signing autogrphs after speaking and was asking everybody who they wanted it made out to - when I said my name he looked up at me straight away. I said, aye I'm a celtic fan and was sitting behind you when you saved yon fae Van Hoijdonk, great save nobody should be able to turn in the air like that. He thanked me and said it meant a lot coming from a celtic fan.

My mate, also a celtic fan, said to him later 'that was some save from Van Hoijdonk' - his reply 'any save against they b*****ds is great'

He's still a twat

He is a jekyll and hyde as well. In his Queens days , I was chatting amicably to him about that days game in a Dumfries nightclub. Out of the blue ,he took a swing at me , missed completely and then stepped behind his local minder . By fxck, he could take some drink

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

They announced that a club in an insolvency position could transfer their SPL share to a newco - far from kicking Rangers this is a gift to them. Only the ludicrous Rangers Supporters 'Trust' could get into a moral huff about that. The media give these fuds too much status. The least trustworthy people currently representing fan opinion.

They could have announced it any time...you think a few hours before a likely announcement on the preferred bidder was coincidence?

It was an exchange in the negotiation/bluff about Rangers coming back into the SPL.

They could have announced it any time...you think a few hours before a likely announcement on the preferred bidder was coincidence?

It was an exchange in the negotiation/bluff about Rangers coming back into the SPL.

You'd have thought the people would be used to late penalties by now.

Not strictly true, I dont think. There has always been provision in the SPL rules to allow the transfer of shares, with Board approval. The new rules impose penalties on doing so, that werent there before.

What difference does the timing of the announcement make? The administrators would, almost certainly, have known a) that these proposals were coming and b) when they were going to be announced.

D&P are almost as good at playing the victim as Rangers fans themselves <_<

They announced that a club in an insolvency position could transfer their SPL share to a newco - far from kicking Rangers this is a gift to them. Only the ludicrous Rangers Supporters 'Trust' could get into a moral huff about that.

That's how I read it. Far from being a punishment its actually a lifeline for Rangers. Without it they'd be dead!

makes me think, what else is Craig Whyte hiding. I think Craig Whyte really needs to be removed from Rangers and quickly, the longer he stays the more time his lawyers and his people will create so much legal shenanigans and interference it will take longer and longer to untangle this mess.

Isn't that EXACTLY why most of us want him to stay, not be removed? <_<

If we can't get rid of them, (because the SFA, SPL, meedja etc. won't let them die) then at least let them carry on getting more and more fcuked up :D