Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think essentially what he was saying is that if newco are allowed back into the SPL, they should be allowed in with no penalty whatsoever (mibbes a points deduction, I think he missed that one out).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you read it? You obviously missed the point where i said i don't want Rangers to be admitted back in. I have always gone for the 3rd division route

If they were then a points penalty is fine..10 points a year for 3 years sounds fair enough..more than fair tbh. The point i was making is the other clubs seem to want the best of both worlds...Rangers in the SPL for the TV deal travelling support etc but want all the money WE generate for themself.

For Rangers of course...Scottish football will obviously survive without Rangers

Not every club has 5000 travelling every 2nd week and of course i don't think means they should be given special treatment. Seems we are getting special treatment though

i don't know if rangers are getting special treatment, i suspect that most people would say they were getting exactly what they are due, i say this with absolutely no malice. there are hundreds of companies that go to the wall every year and are not afforded the luxury of reforming under a near identical name, with the same staff and the same premises that the previous company had. what make rangers so special.

what about the debt that is owed to a trail of clubs that spans the continent, who do you think should service that? the newco or should it be written off?

Did JW not move a lot of the staff to Leven?

If a company wants to shut, there's not a lot can be done about it. My wife worked at NEC in Livingston.

They moved the jobs, not the staff.

Kilmarnock careers advice:

Fancy Uni? didnae get the grades.

A call centre? Nah, I get more on benefits.

Minimum wage in a pound shop? See above.

OK, pal, it's the heroin wholesale, retail and consumption sector for you. You'll find your own level.

See, my hometown's dying on its arse. To contrast the slow decay of Kilmarnock (and many other similar towns) to the (hopefully) death of a bigoted and criminal organisation would be vile. Please tell me that's not where we're going with the "save the tea-lady" pish.

KTID

I haven't missed going to see Falkirk at all this season. I can't actually believe now I paid over £20 a week to watch garbage like Tam Scobbie plod along a wing or Burton O'Brien clank his chains in midfield for 2K a week.

I saw nearly 4 hours of international class tennis in Braehead last weekend for £28 (2 adults and 2 kids)

I didn't realise you'd given up watching Falkirk??

I decided to miss an away game 2 and half years ago and realised I didn't miss it. I've been to 3 away games since. I then started missing home games and have realised I didn't miss it. When I have gone to games I've wondered why I bothered. Its a complete and utter waste of money.

I too can't believe I wasted so much time and money on football.

I said I wouldn't be back if we didn't horse Pressley last summer. When he was given a new contract I chucked it.

Ironically I ve actually watched much more football since I did. I now see more games on Sky than i ever bothered to watch before.

I decided to miss an away game 2 and half years ago and realised I didn't miss it. I've been to 3 away games since. I then started missing home games and have realised I didn't miss it. When I have gone to games I've wondered why I bothered. Its a complete and utter waste of money.

Snap!

Same story for me. I wouldn't really struggle to chuck it altogether.

yet the two of you won't stop posting :(

i love going to watch the 'well!

I used to love going to watch St. Mirren.

Indeed, I was at my most fanatical when were were in relegation battles in the First Division and regularly getting horsed by the likes of Clyde, Queen of the South, et al.

Aye but if you were challenging for the league you would be back or if the Buddies got to a cup final you would be queuing up for a ticket.

Captain you are no more than a Glory Hunter :P

Years i have waited to post that.. ;)

Did JW not move a lot of the staff to Leven?

If a company wants to shut, there's not a lot can be done about it. My wife worked at NEC in Livingston.

When Murray shut down the rangers shops he sacked 300 staff overnight without consultation or without an attempt to find them alternative employment withing his business ,that's why they sued him, however this was not the headline in the press at the time the headline was what an earth shattering deal this was for Rangers and what an amazing business deal it was ,,,the only person I can recall who wrote about it being a discrace was Gerry McNee l

minty flogged of the family silverware for a quick buck and to keep the bank away a bit like Craig Whyte .

I went that way 10 years ago or so. I think my 'final' straw was when Larsson was handed that huge contract (2002??) - I seem to recall just sitting down and thinking: furfuxake, that'll be another £50 next season. When I questioned the amount the money I spent on my seat I knew the game, for me, had changed.

Of course, I still went to games, but more and more it was much less often than I did and I started watching Brechin more and more. Even that became a chore after my second was born and I now take in about three or four senior games each season.

The second division's where it's at anyway.

Aye but if you were challenging for the league you would be back or if the Buddies got to a cup final you would be queuing up for a ticket.

Captain you are no more than a Glory Hunter :P

Years i have waited to post that.. ;)

No need to queue up - we couldn't even sell out our allocation for the League Cup Final.

Unlike H_B I won;t even be watching games on Sky. Can't be arsed with tha either. I'd rather go shopping with the missus. :P

I went that way 10 years ago or so. I think my 'final' straw was when Larsson was handed that huge contract (2002??) - I seem to recall just sitting down and thinking: furfuxake, that'll be another £50 next season. When I questioned the amount the money I spent on my seat I knew the game, for me, had changed.

Of course, I still went to games, but more and more it was much less often than I did and I started watching Brechin more and more. Even that became a chore after my second was born and I now take in about three or four senior games each season.

The second division's where it's at anyway.

Junior football is something I may give a try.

They moved the jobs, not the staff.

Kilmarnock careers advice:

Fancy Uni? didnae get the grades.

A call centre? Nah, I get more on benefits.

Minimum wage in a pound shop? See above.

OK, pal, it's the heroin wholesale, retail and consumption sector for you. You'll find your own level.

See, my hometown's dying on its arse. To contrast the slow decay of Kilmarnock (and many other similar towns) to the (hopefully) death of a bigoted and criminal organisation would be vile. Please tell me that's not where we're going with the "save the tea-lady" pish.

KTID

I think you'll find people can, & do, move on.

My link

A total of 82 people will be made redundant as a result of the closure.

Around 430 staff agreed to severance pay and some 200 staff have moved on to other jobs within the company.

On the announcement of the closure of the Kilmarnock plant in 2009, Diageo said the job losses would be offset by the creation of around 400 new posts at its expanded packaging plant at Leven, in Fife.

If minimum wage is all that's suitable/available, then you just have to suck it up.

There are "tea ladies" in every walk of life, & it comes down to people losing jobs. No matter what you think of their employer.

Junior football is something I may give a try.

The standard can be quite poor at times (not too unlike the SPL), but the expectation level is much lower or rather it's different. Even when compared to SFL games, there's just an almost intangible difference in the experience despite the obvious differences in quality.

It's mibbes just about the money :lol:

Things are getting serious over on Follow Follow! :lol:

After they kill Rangers the apathetic Protestants in Scotland will not be safe.

Laugh if you will, but this isn’t a sporting matter far less a laughing one.

Today’s announcements have been planned and timed for maximum effect.

The point of this planning is strategic and it is aimed directly at Rangers Football Club in order to destroy it.

This is a huge step in a cultural war.

Not an opening shot, this is a fusillade aimed at the very heart of the Protestant Community.

Sure there are useful fools that will fall into line with the enemy and they will be cited as the reason that this should not be interpreted as part of a sectarian war, but these puppets merely mask and disguise the string pullers in this conflict.

Regan the Roman Catholic from England with no outstanding credentials to run Scottish football was placed in his position by manoeuvres engineered by men like Reid, Liewell and Desmond.

Other moves were then made to ensure that the puppet master Liewell would remain in arms length of Regan in order to make sure his obvious lack of nerve and intellect were not left exposed and that when leaning was required it would be at hand.

The SFA has fallen and so has the SPL.

Everything has clicked into place for our enemies and they are not going to let the chance to destroy us slip by.

Where Whyte stands in all of this I have no real idea, but I cannot believe he was just mere coincidence.

His appearance from nowhere and his subsequent elevation into the ownership of Rangers stinks.

We were told at the beginning he was a front for other people.

Now I am beginning to wonder.

However, when Rangers are gone, the last crumbling bastion of Scotland’s Protestant resistance will go with them.

The rest will be a simple matter of tidying up any pockets of resistance and rounding up the odd rabble rousers.

The new legislation in law is already in place to deal with them.

Wake up ffsake before it is too late; this is a war against you and your own and it will not stop when your football club has gone.

It's a fake, we all know they wouldn't have mis-spelled Prodestants. It's a dead givaway.

The standard can be quite poor at times (not too unlike the SPL), but the expectation level is much lower or rather it's different. Even when compared to SFL games, there's just an almost intangible difference in the experience despite the obvious differences in quality.

It's mibbes just about the money :lol:

I imagine the East & West Juniors are a bit like the HFL. The fitba can be brutal but like you say it isn't so much about results, the HFL was a social network long before fucking facebook or twitter saw the light of day :lol: