Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

i'd be interested to hear if Rangers fans believe that these proposals are adequate, would you support a New club straight off the bat, would you feel embarrassed that the new club bypassed all the other clubs in the 2nd,3rd and 4th tier of Scottish football for a place in the top league? or do you believe that a b*****dized Rangers in what ever form deserves and is due a place at the top?

I have said all along that if Rangers go the Newco route it would be morally wrong for them to be automatically invited back into the SPL. I thought the Other clubs would want them back in to cash in on the travelling support...sponsorship money and the TV deal. If there is a Newco then the best answer for everybody would be Newco Rangers starting from the 3rd division.

I would most certainly be following The Rangers or the Newco or whatever home and away. I am looking forward to putting all this behind us and starting again and trying to get back to where we were...if that is possible.

I , like every Rangers i have spoken to, will not support any financial penalties,Transfer embargoes or European bans( put through by spl/sfa). If the Newco was to go along with these ridiculous suggestions the game would well and truly be over. They can have my season ticket back and after reading other forums i think that is pretty well the opinion of all Rangers supporters. I put thousands of pounds a year into the Scottish game and Scottish Economy by travelling to see my team.. We have the largets travelling support in Scotland and the other clubs can kiss goodbye to that money..This utter nonsense that teams would thrive with something to play for is simply not true..What was the crowd for St Johnstone v Motherwell when they were 3rd and 4th? I believe it was under 4000 :rolleyes:

The SPL have changed rules mid season before to help stricken clubs and keep them in the league...They have even turned a blind eye at others going into Administration but this is the first time the league has put forward rule changes to try and handicap an already stricken club. I think it is best we leave now and will see you all in a 3 or 4 years. Maybe when we get back into the SPL your clubs can go full time again :P

Very true.

Celtic avoiding punishment for their horrific behaviour last season, undermining the competition and the refereeing community.

Rangers cheating for a decade and are welcomed back in with a wry grin.

Celtic's cheating went beyond last season - they've been reaping the rewards ever since. The way they stirred up sectarianism to new heights last season was disgusting.

But the Old Firm have been cheating throughout my lifetime. They've cheated their way through the last century.

I've had enough of Scottish football and I'll not be back.

Scottish football is garbage. The cheats, the bigots and the gloryhunters can fester in their own shite.

Just a link would do, mate. I get accused of posting novellas, but at least they're mine....

KTID

I always try and post the story, some people on the forum cant look at certain links, if they are in work etc.....

No, no, no and for good measure: no.

To answer your numbered points specifically (first):

1. Yes, they will not be allowed into Europe. That will hurt them. Like it hurt them when they had recently performed a debt to equity bailout of £50m and had their arses handed to them by Kaunas. Any guesses as to what they did next?

2. For sure, they won't win the league in those two seasons and most likely beyond - Celtic have a very young team which will be given breathing space to gel further. So Renegers will get 2nd place prize money (see next point) as opposed to 1st.

3. 75% of what? £2m? That probably covers the amount they'll be able to save on interest payments and is about a quarter of the amount they'll save from not being beholden to Ticketus. In essence, they'll be about £6m better off than if they stay in administration.

With negligible debt and a license to 'do as you please, SPL pyoor needs you', they could go out and spend tens of millions of pounds this summer, assuming FIFA can't apply a transfer embargo on a newco (which they can't). I've posted in this thread before regarding the numbers Renegers have received from external sources over the years - with a clean slate, what would there be to stop someone doing it again?

Their lowest point ever would not and should not ever be considered them taking a slight slap on the wrists, it should* be them liquidated and applying, not for the SPL, but for a space in the SFL, like any other club would.

*based on their appeal to the FTTT failing.

My point is that if they go into the 3rd division they will not be that worse off. I dont really care what happens to them. I do know that Hibs debt is rising again and Aberdeen

are in a really bad way. Say for instance they get put in the 3rd division. Are fans of Dunfermline/Hearts/Aberdeen/Hibs(four clubs who really need the money ) going

to go to more games and help them out. No there is no chance of that.

Again sporting integrity where was this when there has been clubs in the SPL who have went into admin and out again without losing a point. Teams prevented from

being promoted as there stadium is not up to scratch.

The SPL teams look out for one another by restricting membership. Only recently Hibs fans were told by there own chairmen the way forward is a ten team SPL.

If people want a level playing field in the SPL they should concentrate on supporting their local team. Only by having bigger club throughout scotland with larger fan

basis can we start talking about a level playing field.

Do you think that Celtic want the 11-1 voting rule changed ?

Dundee have went into admin 3 times. They have never done a newco are they better or worse than rangers ?

However if rangers are found guilty of the double contracts (cant see how they cannot be ) then they should be relegated for that.

I want rangers to be punished as harshly as possible btw. However in 3 years time newco or not they will be better than

everyone else in the SPL because in scotland everyone supports celtic/rangers thats just sadly the way it is.

I put thousands of pounds a year into the Scottish game and Scottish Economy by travelling to see my team.. We have the largets travelling support in Scotland and the other clubs can kiss goodbye to that money..This utter nonsense that teams would thrive with something to play for is simply not true..What was the crowd for St Johnstone v Motherwell when they were 3rd and 4th? I believe it was under 4000 :rolleyes:

If you no longer spent that money on travelling to watch Rangers then you'd have it available to spend on something else. There would therefore be no net effect on the Scottish economy.

Without the Old Firm, the gate to watch St Johnstone v Motherwell for 1st and 2nd place would probably see a full house. :rolleyes:

There is no downside to the death of Rangers (& Celtic) - only upside.

I have said all along that if Rangers go the Newco route it would be morally wrong for them to be automatically invited back into the SPL. I thought the Other clubs would want them back in to cash in on the travelling support...sponsorship money and the TV deal. If there is a Newco then the best answer for everybody would be Newco Rangers starting from the 3rd division.

I would most certainly be following The Rangers or the Newco or whatever home and away. I am looking forward to putting all this behind us and starting again and trying to get back to where we were...if that is possible.

I , like every Rangers i have spoken to, will not support any financial penalties,Transfer embargoes or European bans( put through by spl/sfa). If the Newco was to go along with these ridiculous suggestions the game would well and truly be over. They can have my season ticket back and after reading other forums i think that is pretty well the opinion of all Rangers supporters. I put thousands of pounds a year into the Scottish game and Scottish Economy by travelling to see my team.. We have the largets travelling support in Scotland and the other clubs can kiss goodbye to that money..This utter nonsense that teams would thrive with something to play for is simply not true..What was the crowd for St Johnstone v Motherwell when they were 3rd and 4th? I believe it was under 4000 :rolleyes:

The SPL have changed rules mid season before to help stricken clubs and keep them in the league...They have even turned a blind eye at others going into Administration but this is the first time the league has put forward rule changes to try and handicap an already stricken club. I think it is best we leave now and will see you all in a 3 or 4 years. Maybe when we get back into the SPL your clubs can go full time again :P

What a total f*ckup of a post, even by your standards.

The best bit was this: 'this is the first time the league has put forward rule changes to try and handicap an already stricken club'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so you believe that a newco should not be hit with sanctions of a financial nature. you say that if transfer embargoes etc were implemented the game would be over, do you mean for you or scottish football?

in the bit about you putting thousands in to the scottish game,and the economy each year. so do most people who follow football full time, but that does not mean that the team they support should be given special treatment because someone volunteers to spend their money on a hobby, does it?

Things are getting serious over on Follow Follow! :lol:

After they kill Rangers the apathetic Protestants in Scotland will not be safe.

Laugh if you will, but this isn’t a sporting matter far less a laughing one.

Today’s announcements have been planned and timed for maximum effect.

The point of this planning is strategic and it is aimed directly at Rangers Football Club in order to destroy it.

This is a huge step in a cultural war.

Not an opening shot, this is a fusillade aimed at the very heart of the Protestant Community.

Sure there are useful fools that will fall into line with the enemy and they will be cited as the reason that this should not be interpreted as part of a sectarian war, but these puppets merely mask and disguise the string pullers in this conflict.

Regan the Roman Catholic from England with no outstanding credentials to run Scottish football was placed in his position by manoeuvres engineered by men like Reid, Liewell and Desmond.

Other moves were then made to ensure that the puppet master Liewell would remain in arms length of Regan in order to make sure his obvious lack of nerve and intellect were not left exposed and that when leaning was required it would be at hand.

The SFA has fallen and so has the SPL.

Everything has clicked into place for our enemies and they are not going to let the chance to destroy us slip by.

Where Whyte stands in all of this I have no real idea, but I cannot believe he was just mere coincidence.

His appearance from nowhere and his subsequent elevation into the ownership of Rangers stinks.

We were told at the beginning he was a front for other people.

Now I am beginning to wonder.

However, when Rangers are gone, the last crumbling bastion of Scotland’s Protestant resistance will go with them.

The rest will be a simple matter of tidying up any pockets of resistance and rounding up the odd rabble rousers.

The new legislation in law is already in place to deal with them.

Wake up ffsake before it is too late; this is a war against you and your own and it will not stop when your football club has gone.

If anybody ever wondered why it is imperative that Mark Dingwall and his cronies get nowhere near The Rangers board they just have to read this!! These are the people who supported Whyte well after Rangers went into Administration. These are the same people claiming the 'Mhedia witchhunt' was all a 'Timmy conspiracy' against Rangers and the Protestant community as a whole.

f**k it i hope we do get fucking liquidate and there are 2 Newcos...The bigoted fuckwits can follow Govan FTP 1690 fc and leave the rest of us following Govan United FC and we can start trying to rebuild the club and build bridges to get accepted back into the Scottish Game.

f**k yer Protestant Community...WE ARE A FOOTBALL CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you believe that a newco should not be hit with sanctions of a financial nature. you say that if transfer embargoes etc were implemented the game would be over, do you mean for you or scottish football?

in the bit about you putting thousands in to the scottish game,and the economy each year. so do most people who follow football full time, but that does not mean that the team they support should be given special treatment because someone volunteers to spend their money on a hobby, does it?

I think essentially what he was saying is that if newco are allowed back into the SPL, they should be allowed in with no penalty whatsoever (mibbes a points deduction, I think he missed that one out).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For Rangers of course...Scottish football will obviously survive without Rangers

Not every club has 5000 travelling every 2nd week and of course i don't think means they should be given special treatment. Seems we are getting special treatment though

Forgot all about that.What punishment did Gary Hooper get for saying the refs are against Celtic? That must of slipped my mind too :rolleyes: ..

The exact same penalty Aiden McGeady got for calling a referee a cheat.

Victim FC eh....

Aye, that'll be why the Johnnie Walker plant is taking on will it? Thousands of jobs gone, not the couple of hundred employed by the crooks in Govan. Spare me the tears. Over the years, rangers cheated and prospered. Now they've been caught. Hell mend them.

KTID

Did JW not move a lot of the staff to Leven?

If a company wants to shut, there's not a lot can be done about it. My wife worked at NEC in Livingston.

y..This utter nonsense that teams would thrive with something to play for is simply not true..What was the crowd for St Johnstone v Motherwell when they were 3rd and 4th? I believe it was under 4000 :rolleyes:

..and when Rangers vist St Johnstone the crowds swell to the dizzying heights of 6000 - wow. They make more from funerals from the crematorium next door than from Rangers. See yourself as others see you - blighted not benefactors

Not every club has 5000 travelling every 2nd week

Rangers bring 1,300 to St. Mirren Park.

Our 2 biggest gates at our new ground have both been against Kilmarnock.

Our last home gate against Morton was bigger than any home gate we've had at home against the SPL since we were promoted.

I always try and post the story, some people on the forum cant look at certain links, if they are in work etc.....

Fair enough. I do wish we hadn't got that FF story just after your post though - even it was a spoof, it's too close for comfort to the way these eedjits think. (and a lot of your eedjits, as well, tbf ;)).

KTID

Remember we also have a Chief Executive who believes fan bigotry creates publicity which will be good for the exposure of the league.

that's top level Scottish football for you.

Okay with me, I've packed it in. I won't be renewing my season ticket.

Scottish football is shite. :P

I haven't missed going to see Falkirk at all this season. I can't actually believe now I paid over £20 a week to watch garbage like Tam Scobbie plod along a wing or Burton O'Brien clank his chains in midfield for 2K a week.

I saw nearly 4 hours of international class tennis in Braehead last weekend for £28 (2 adults and 2 kids)

Edited by H_B