Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The points deduction benefits no one other than Celtic, they're every bit as eager as the rest to have them back.

Don't think so, I'd expect Celtic to comment as such over the next few days..this is, IMO, the other SPL teams getting as much as they can out of retaining Rangers and getting some of their cash over the next three years

Don't think so, I'd expect Celtic to comment as such over the next few days..this is, IMO, the other SPL teams getting as much as they can out of retaining Rangers and getting some of their cash over the next three years

Agree with your comments re other SPL clubs, although Celtic will go for it as well as guaranteed 4 OF games and certain Championship winners.

Celtic want Rangers in the SPL, but they want them weakened by points deductions and/or generally being weaker because they cannot afford any more Jelavic or Davis types. Lawwell is a ruthless administrator, only interested in what's best for Celtic FC, and damn Scottish football.

Agree with your comments re other SPL clubs, although Celtic will go for it as well as guaranteed 4 OF games and certain Championship winners.

Celtic want Rangers in the SPL, but they want them weakened by points deductions and/or generally being weaker because they cannot afford any more Jelavic or Davis types. Lawwell is a ruthless administrator, only interested in what's best for Celtic FC, and damn Scottish football.

I don't think that Celtic will condone or vote in favour of this change, which is simply changing the rules to allow Rangers back into the SPL should the worse happen to them, Celtic will need to vote as their fans want (IMO) and Celtic fans I know want Rangers to be treated as they should ie not dumping the debt and coming back in with what is a pitiful slap on the wrists.

In my opinion it's the other SPL clubs that want their share of Ranegrs 75% reduction in TV money, although I'm not sure that it's been re allocated as such

And you really think Celtic are the only club in the SPL that would vote a new Rangers back into the league?. :huh:

Without rangers, celtic have no reason to exist. Business partners, two cheeks, Ugly Sisters, Bigot Brothers..... Inextricably entwined and everyone knows it.

KTID

I'd be amazed if Celtic don't comment like that to pander to the fans but even more amazed if they don't support Rangers coming back in. They've shown themselves to be two cheeks of the same arse for years (and will show it again tomorrow) so there's no reason at all to imagine they'll change now.

Without rangers, celtic have no reason to exist. Business partners, two cheeks, Ugly Sisters, Bigot Brothers..... Inextricably entwined and everyone knows it.

KTID

That means nothing to me, Celtic's identity is very successful and appealing regardless of what happens to Rangers, I beleive that the people taht run my club believe that too

I think Celtic are the only team that don't want this, the other teams will be happy to take Rangers share of the TV money and keep Rangers visiting them

Every club in Scotland other than Celtic will benefit if Rangers die.

Celtic are the ONLY club in Scotland who are reliant on Rangers' survival for their own future success.

I'd be amazed if Celtic don't comment like that to pander to the fans but even more amazed if they don't support Rangers coming back in. They've shown themselves to be two cheeks of the same arse for years (and will show it again tomorrow) so there's no reason at all to imagine they'll change now.

What you think that Celtic will publically oppose this then vote for it? That won't happen imo

I really didn't get them saying an SPL newco with a 10 point deduction would get 2nd place.

Wtf am I missing? They would have zilch resources, any club selling them a player would ant cash up front etc etc. etc. I would think relegation struggle more likely.

It's not the player budget that would shaft them, it's the rising cost of match officials.:rolleyes:

Seriously, for the last few years both Sisters have benefited from some outrageous decisions. They're not that much better than the rest of the SPL (witness their recent European adventures), but having 50 thousand neds screaming at you has to have an effect. Not to mention death threats, vile abuse and the rest....that kind of thing is going to tip a few 50/50 decisions over the season, and makes Willie Collum's decision in the LC Final all the more admirable. It wasn't a penalty, but I wouldn't have blamed any ref (given Collum's view) for giving it. When even the Sisters' representatives are at you in the media, being a Scottish ref is not a job I'd take for a gold pig.

KTID

Every club in Scotland other than Celtic will benefit if Rangers die.

Celtic are the ONLY club in Scotland who are reliant on Rangers' survival for their own future success.

I don't agree, however it seems like the SPL don't want to put that to the test

That means nothing to me, Celtic's identity is very successful and appealing

Yes, we know you support Celic because of a need to support a winning team.

But whether it means nothing to you or not is irrelevant - the fact is that that success that you are so desperate for relies upon exploiting sectarianism and bigotry. Without Rangers your clib can no longer do that.

regardless of what happens to Rangers, I beleive that the people taht run my club believe that too

The people running your club know full well they can't survive without Rangers.

What you think that Celtic will publically oppose this then vote for it? That won't happen imo

Wouldn't surprise me. They'll find some minor alteration or excuse of course.

They went off on their rant when Rangers went into admin and had the chance to show they were willing to be one of the rest by backing the vote tomorrow - instead they will do what they always do and stick with their buddies. I'd love Celtic and the rest to genuinely seize the chance to change Scottish football but I just don't see it happening.

I don't agree, however it seems like the SPL don't want to put that to the test

Certain clubs are scared of going under immediately without TV money because of the debt they are in. That is why they don't want to put it to the test.

They are wrong. All clubs other than Celtic would prosper without Rangers.

Its onloy the likes of you who wish to continue with an uncompetitive league tainted with sectarianism and bigotry.

Shame on you.

Wouldn't surprise me. They'll find some minor alteration or excuse of course.

They went off on their rant when Rangers went into admin and had the chance to show they were willing to be one of the rest by backing the vote tomorrow - instead they will do what they always do and stick with their buddies. I'd love Celtic and the rest to genuinely seize the chance to change Scottish football but I just don't see it happening.

Celtic will need to make their position clear, the fans will demand it. IMO they will not support these proposals

I've never hidden the fact that I believe that Celtic should stop moaning about lack of competition while working with Rangers screw the other SPL teams, this is the time they should be grabbing along with the rest of the SPL to change Scottish football for the betterment of all teams that have not cheated for decades

Certain clubs are scared of going under immediately without TV money because of the debt they are in. That is why they don't want to put it to the test.

They are wrong. All clubs other than Celtic would prosper without Rangers.

Its onloy the likes of you who wish to continue with an uncompetitive league tainted with sectarianism and bigotry.

Shame on you.

Oh try replying to me rather than your warped view of what a Celtic fan is ;)