Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Only two proposals come under the 11/1 voting system the rest being 8/4

Resolutions 2B and 5 require the support of a minimum of 11 Clubs to be adopted; all other Resolutions require the support of a minimum of 8 Clubs to be adopted.

Interesting to compare the Portsmouth Administrators report with the H&D one. (it's in the article, i'm not bright enough to be able to paste it here!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17677437

It seems like they have been a lot more thorough than H&D (surprise!) Specifically regarding unsustainable cost structures etc.

As if it wasn't before this has now just gone beyond a clusterf*ck;

- As some on Twitter have pointed out basically the upshot of these rule changes basically legitimise, in fact *encourage*, the "phoenix" route in so much as a team in a points sense will be better off being liquidated and restarting than a team in admin.

- Add that to the tacit acknowledgement that Rangers in whatever form will be an SPL club no matter what.

- Meanwhile you've got H&D taking the huff and citing this as "disruptive and regrettable" to any take over (yes, that's TOTALLY your problem there)

- While it seems Rangersmedia is about to go into meltdown again as the loyal Rangers fans have no interest in watching a team in a league they can't win (*cough*).

The SPL are absolutely making this up as they go along though. Utter.Shambles.

Yeah but you know as well as me what would happen should another club (outside of Celtic) go the phoenix route.

This is an actual joke if they get back into the SPL as a Newco, they should be kicked out of the SPL, forced to apply for a place in the SFL and failing that they should be sent further down. On the bright side some Celtic fans on my facebook feed are climing they will boycott the SPL if this happens so we might be able to get rid of both of them at once! Two birds, one stone! :lol:

This is an actual joke if they get back into the SPL as a Newco, they should be kicked out of the SPL, forced to apply for a place in the SFL and failing that they should be sent further down. On the bright side some Celtic fans on my facebook feed are climing they will boycott the SPL if this happens so we might be able to get rid of both of them at once! Two birds, one stone! :lol:

Celtic fans obviously don't realise that their Club is firmly on Rangers' side :rolleyes:

Celtic fans obviously don't realise that their Club is firmly on Rangers' side :rolleyes:

And you really think Celtic are the only club in the SPL that would vote a new Rangers back into the league?. :huh:

And you really think Celtic are the only club in the SPL that would vote a new Rangers back into the league?. :huh:

Obviously not, but they'd be first to the front door to give them a welcoming hug and pat on the back ;)

Edited by Desert Nomad

This may well have been done to death already... but given a newco Rangers is now looking almost a certainty, how does that impact on Europe?

Say they manage to finish in any of the European places (highly possible, even with 10 point deductions)... are they still eligible?

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere (may well have been here :lol: ) that clubs now need 3 years worth of audited accounts in order to play in Europe. Does that apply to Champions League and/or Europa League? Am I wholly wrong? Help please.

Can't see Uefa being too accomodating to Rangers/Newco Rangers either way.

Edit: further to the Romanov pic, I will fucking love it if some scenario comes to pass whereby he is able to make the decisive decision that relegates Rangers to the history books for good. :D

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere (may well have been here :lol: ) that clubs now need 3 years worth of audited accounts in order to play in Europe. Does that apply to Champions League and/or Europa League? Am I wholly wrong? Help please.

You're correct, and it applies to all European compeitions.

Although I remain a firm beliver in the get-tae-f*ck school of thought and would prefer that Rangers were liquidated am I right in interpreting the that the following three amends would a) permit a newco but would deduct at least 15 points for the following season, and b) then deduct 10 for the two seasons thereafter. And c) that for all three offending years the club would have 75% reduced money and probably no European qualification?

• Resolution 1 proposes an increase in the sporting sanction (points deduction) on any Club which suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event from 10 points to the greater of 15 points and 1/3 of the Club’s SPL points in the preceding season.
  • Resolution 2A proposes further sporting sanctions in the event that any Club undergoes an Insolvency Transfer Event (i.e. transfers its share in the SPL to a new company where this occurs because of the insolvency of the transferor) of 10 points in each of two consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event.
  • Resolution 2B proposes revisions to the fee payment arrangements i.e. SPL fees to any Club which has undergone an Insolvency Transfer Event will be reduced by 75% in each of three consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event.

Of course they're not but it makes the "Jelly & Ice Cream when Rangers die" patter all the more infantile and ridiculous considering they won't die. Might as well save their money. The Rangers fans would consider that nothing has been lost. All the history in their eyes would be the same.

Celtic fans can expect as many "You know fine well it's the same Glesga Rangers" as "Big Jock knew" retorts from their likes.

Although I remain a firm beliver in the get-tae-f*ck school of thought and would prefer that Rangers were liquidated am I right in interpreting the that the following three amends would a) permit a newco but would deduct at least 15 points for the following season, and b) then deduct 10 for the two seasons thereafter. And c) that for all three offending years the club would have 75% reduced money and probably no European qualification?

• Resolution 1 proposes an increase in the sporting sanction (points deduction) on any Club which suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event from 10 points to the greater of 15 points and 1/3 of the Club's SPL points in the preceding season.
  • Resolution 2A proposes further sporting sanctions in the event that any Club undergoes an Insolvency Transfer Event (i.e. transfers its share in the SPL to a new company where this occurs because of the insolvency of the transferor) of 10 points in each of two consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event.
  • Resolution 2B proposes revisions to the fee payment arrangements i.e. SPL fees to any Club which has undergone an Insolvency Transfer Event will be reduced by 75% in each of three consecutive seasons from the Insolvency Transfer Event.

Surely your first bullet point wouldn't apply because they entered admin before any change is made.

I see this as an entirely depressing development. It's paving the way to let them back in with a wrist slap while pretending they're being harsh.

Ten points is meaningless - it might make winning the league yet harder, but so what - that doesn't help the rest of the teams, but one. Losing 75% of SPL money is also gentle. Rangers income, even without Europe will be much less dependent on SPL money than is the case for the diddies.

Within five years, it'll be business as usual and the greatest ever chance to hammer the b*****ds and improve our game and society will be gone.

I don't like the idea of stipulating penalties in this way. The fact that the SFL weren't bound in this way allowed them to punish Dundee in a severe way, but one which in my view, fitted their crime. Given the unprecedented nature of Rangers crimes, discretion has to be allowed in coming up with penalties which might seem appropriate.

This one's spun straight out of the SPL think tank, ie Topping & Doncaster. <_<

What's the chances of a "Rangers" being included in next seasons SPL, BEFORE any transfer of assest to any "newco"?

Edited by kiddy

From a viewpoint from all SPL clubs.

Objective 1.

Make sure Rangers play in the SPL so we can

1. Get a better Sky deal

2. Get the Rangers travelling support to increase our gate revenue

3. Allow us to generate more sponsorship/hospitality income at the Rangers games we host.

Objective 2.

Convince the public, and especially politicians that we are really tough on Rangers for being dishonest, thieving, corrupt and a shame on all of us.

So keep them in the SPL so all other clubs can benefit financially but try to make sure they don't win anything.

Self preservation approach, but without any morality. sad.gif

mentioned this before...all clubs fan groups should be writting to their clubs telling them they will boycott games next season if a rangers new co snake strsight back into the SPL