Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

£80m debt, how much would the debt have been if the cheating fuckers had paid their taxes?

Utterly shameful, and a tainted club

I don't disagree at all ( things you thought you'd never say to a Kilmarnock supporter). I was just making the point that there a few decent Rangers fans who played no part in this and soon, it seems, they will see their club come to an end. Even though it will be a just outcome.

Surely you have some compassion ( things you thought you'd never say to a Kilmarnock supporter - part 2)

Edited by Cutty Old

Sorry if I seem argumentative but are you suggesting that you would have been 'raising your voice' if it had all happened at Tannadice ?

It's a fair question. I like to think so and indeed utds debt and year on year losses were pretty scary in the first few years of the millennium. Utd fans have kept a pretty close eye on them since and to be fair the thompsons have been extremely open about the finances, and started addressing the running costs about 6 or 7 years ago. We were lucky they also paid out of their own money for bad managerial appointments.

I don't disagree at all ( things you thought you'd never say to a Kilmarnock supporter). I was just making the point that there a few decent Rangers fans who played no part in this and soon, it seems, they will see their club come to an end. Even though it will be a just outcome.

Surely you have some compassion ( things you thought you'd never say to a Kilmarnock supporter - part 2)

I can say I have honestly not met many decent rangers fans. They are almost all scum, bigoted scum, thick inbred scum. Glory hunters, hanging on to a "Institution" that grew fat on bigotry and the love of the Queen. Shame they went out there way to avoid paying for her.

Hopefully the club will die a slow and painful death, and we can move on.

It's a fair question. I like to think so and indeed utds debt and year on year losses were pretty scary in the first few years of the millennium. Utd fans have kept a pretty close eye on them since and to be fair the thompsons have been extremely open about the finances, and started addressing the running costs about 6 or 7 years ago. We were lucky they also paid out of their own money for bad managerial appointments.

It's clear that there is a need for stringent checks on all football clubs after this fiasco but isn't it a bit unfair, up to this point, to place any degree of responsibilty on the supporters to challenge financial irregularities at our clubs ?

I go way back to the sixties and, between then and relatively recently, the idea that fans would have any interest in their club's finances is fanciful. The role of the supporter, in my opinion, is to support the team and concentrate on the football, leaving the management to run the club.

The ruling bodies are the right people to monitor the behaviour of member clubs.The Rangers supporters should have had no concerns on this front. I understand and agree with the vilification of all the bigots but there are some genuine fans out there who are devastated by all this.

I can say I have honestly not met many decent rangers fans. They are almost all scum, bigoted scum, thick inbred scum. Glory hunters, hanging on to a "Institution" that grew fat on bigotry and the love of the Queen. Shame they went out there way to avoid paying for her.

Although i agree with most of this the parts in bold are a contradiction. Smart people wouldn't pay for the freeloaders,

I am embarrassed, but not surprised, by the fact that I have to tune into ch4 news, and English made and based programme, to find out news on the rangers investigation - surely journalists based up here are much better situated and have a much better grasp of the situation to get their teeth into this properly.

I am ashamed of the Scottish journalists lack of integrity whe it comes to this story. :ph34r:

I am embarrassed, but not surprised, by the fact that I have to tune into ch4 news, and English made and based programme, to find out news on the rangers investigation - surely journalists based up here are much better situated and have a much better grasp of the situation to get their teeth into this properly.

I am ashamed of the Scottish journalists lack of integrity whe it comes to this story. :ph34r:

To be fair, guys like Mark Daly and some other general news reporters have did ok.

The trouble is most of the "Journalists" are old firm, especially rangers fans. They only know about two teams.

Ask chick, murdo, traynor etc who is the left full back at Killie, St Johnstone or Motherwell and they would not have a fuckin clue.

These guys get paid by the BBC, and us as license payers, but they know f**k all except the old firm.

The trouble is most of the "Journalists" are old firm, especially rangers fans. They only know about two teams.

Ask chick, murdo, traynor etc who is the left full back at Killie, St Johnstone or Motherwell and they would not have a fuckin clue.

These guys get paid by the BBC, and us as license payers, but they know f**k all except the old firm.

But Traynor is an Airdrie fan and we all know Chico (not the p&b poster) loves the Buddies unsure.gif

I'll get my coat ph34r.gif

Edited by Gaz FFC

For me, the likes of Traynor, Murdo McLeod and Chick Young are entertainment on the phone ins or pundit debates, not actual sport reporters.

McLeod is a ok as a co-commentator on radio to be fair to him and I wouldn't expect him to know an EBT.

Chick Young adds a bit of colour to any topic, buy again is he really at the coal face of reporting when his main task is telling you the team lines and the subs due to come on.

Traynor as the sports editor of a newspaper is a different script.

Edited by chico

For me, the likes of Traynor, Murdo McLeod and Chick Young are entertainment on the phone ins or pundit debates, not actual sport reporters.

McLeod is a ok as a co-commentator on radio to be fair to him and I wouldn't expect him to know an EBT.

Chick Young adds a bit of colour to any topic, buy again is he really at the coal face of reporting when his main task is telling you the team lines and the subs due to come on.

Traynor as the sports editor of a newspaper is a different script.

The 3 of them couldn't spell EBT, thick fux

Are phone ins still dominated by Old firm fans like everything else in Scottish football?

Stopped listening to them because of it mad.gif

Well done Alex Thomson and Channel 4.

Nice to get Martin Bain's name in the frame. One of those perma tanned guys who wears these cut away collars which says 'I cannot be trusted'.

However despite the evidence Channel4 showed, with copies of letters and memos, I still want to hear it from Chic.

Chic 'you heard it here first' I am sure is the source of this explosive information, with backing evidence.

Chic ma wee pal, I am so looking forward to your pronouncements on BBC radio tomorrow. smile.gif

I have family members who are Rangers fans. (and although admittedly glory hunters) they are in no way bigots or show love for the queen!

I still think on a whole though, they deserve to go down the tube, but the same could be said for a few other clubs.

As a Hibee do you wish you'd hung on to the team of 2005 or glad you cashed in and paid the debts?

I firmly believe you sold Scotland's best chance of stopping the Old firm title rot when you broke up that team sad.gif

Well done Alex Thomson and Channel 4.

Nice to get Martin Bain's name in the frame. One of those perma tanned guys who wears these cut away collars which says 'I cannot be trusted'.

However despite the evidence Channel4 showed, with copies of letters and memos, I still want to hear it from Chic.

Chic 'you heard it here first' I am sure is the source of this explosive information, with backing evidence.

Chic ma wee pal, I am so looking forward to your pronouncements on BBC radio tomorrow. smile.gif

Did the Channel 4 piece actually show anything new? It was already accepted that if EBTs were in operation then highly paid Rangers staff would be benefitting. The question is whether the payments made were contractual, deemed to be in lieu of salary or were in fact discretionary. That is a judgement that has still to be made and the tax expert seemed to use the word "if" a lot when interviewed. That didn't tell me whether Rangers were guilty or not guilty to any greater an extent than I knew before. Martin Bain and some other directors being caught by it makes no odds.

Edited by HTG

Hopefully the club will die a slow and painful death, and we can move on.

Well said,,,no compassion here either, every rangers fan I know gloated while their club ran up horrendous debts choosing to ignore and abuse anyone who spoke out against Sir Moonbeams B-Line towards extinction ,while revelling in Celtic so called "penny pinching" even now they are all,,,,,oh poor us we're being picked on, it's no only us boo hoo.

RFC,,rot in hell.

I've got the solution to Rangers fans woes. A Nigerian fella has just emailed me saying if i put his £100M fortune into my bank account he will give me half of it for my troubles.

Now if the Rangers FFFFFFFFFFF unsure.gifgive me their bank details i'm sure he'd be happy to let them hold it for him instead.