Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://tinyurl.com/cax6lyo Not a bad article for the Sun.

It's not that Whyte will try to buy Rangers but he can have a big say on what happens. He paid £1 for his shares, so they are HIS shares regardless where the money came from for that or to pay off Lloyds.

Murray getting a tip or two from Whyte.....http://tinyurl.com/ckyyojt

This is even worse than Whyte's dodge as the land is common good, namely for the benefit of the community. And that is NOT the same as the Council.

Edited by thelegendthatis

We know that the Gers hadn't paid tax since Whyte took over. Will the adminstrators now be paying tax on all wages, or is the bill just getting bigger. Haven't heard it mentioned anywhere.

Can Haudit & Daudit get away with increasing the overall debt?

They don't know what they are doing.

Seems that the FTT verdict can't be far off. If, as suggested, it is in favour of HMRC, then I guess that means a winding up order will be issued ? The timing of this could be significant, since I understand that this will have a 28 day notice period, so will Rangers be able to fulfill their remaining fixtures ? Come to think of it, if they are to be wound up, then in no way can I see the next OF game taking place anyway.

After liquidation, the fun begins. Craig Whyte is clearly not going to 'walk away', and it looks as if Ticketus will become a creditor against his holding company. Paul Murray strikes me as a bit of a lightweight - I'm sure he's a well meaning enough guy, perhaps one of the few honest sorts in this - but he's nothing more than an organiser.

Until ownership of the ground is settled - must be a fair chance Ticketus will inherit that - then I can't how the phoenix club will re-emerge. I've felt for sometime, that 2012/13 will go down as the Season Without Rangers. But, for all parties concerned, that's no bad thing as it will offer some breathing space to get ready for the inevitable return in 2013/14. Of course, there will be a right old power struggle between Celtic and the remaining clubs and that will impact on what sort of welcome phoenix Rangers will get.

I dont know what's going to happen in the SFA circles, over the double contract issue, but Rangers going bust solves the problem right away. There will be no motivation to investigate further, as there will be no club left to punish. One or two figures will quietly retire. Celtic might want to stir things up, but they'll have their hands full taking on the rest of the SPL.

When Rangers come back, I suspect a good chunk of them will be owned by Ticketus - a deal being done to release a bit more season ticket cash, as there's no point giving them a St Mirren level budget. There will surely be a share issue as well to raise further funds and my vote for their MD would be Mark Dingwall as I'm sure he'd give us tremenous entertainment in the job. Part of the 'peace' treaty between Celtic and the gang of 10/11 will be the terms of re-admission for phoenix Rangers. It also seems inevitable that the SPL will increase to 14 teams in 2013/14 too.

Turbulent times ahead for all for sure. One of the main short term concerns is that Rangers' demise may trigger an extinction event. Could Kilmarnock or Dunfermline go bust in the meantime ?

http://tinyurl.com/cax6lyo Not a bad article for the Sun.

It's not that Whyte will try to buy Rangers but he can have a big say on what happens.

Still with my cynical head on, the meeting between Whyte & Clark...

CW: 'Good work so far Paul, been stringing it out for months, making it look like you're doing everything to sell the bloody thing in one piece. The players pay-cut deal was a masterstroke. No redundancies whatsoever? Amazing, Christ, just look at those poor basturts who worked for Game.'

PC: 'Thanks boss. We've done our best, but there's a small problem. We thought all the bids would be a joke and we could write them all off, move to liquidate, and ride the fcuk out of town. We had nonsense Asian businessmen, imaginary Americans, we even rustled up a story about a Singapore bid. It was going great... but this Blue Knights mob are still sniffing around. Christ, they might actually make a proper bid. We've tried to kybosh Ticketus, but that cnut Paul Murray says he'll still bid, with or without them. Any ideas?'

CW: 'Doddle. I'll just let it slip that no-one buys the club without my say so. Drop a hint that I'm still in charge here and own all of Minty's shares. That'll kill them off, then you can crack on. See you in Monaco next year? Let the smoke die down on this one first.'

PC: 'Sounds good boss, but even though you own all those shares, you put me and Tweedledum in charge. As administrators, we're running the joint, surely you can't just pop up and veto the Blue Knights, even wee Chick would see through that one.'

CW: 'Fcuk sake. Just you and your pal carry on spinning lines about 'deadlines' and 'interested bidders'. Throw in a few titbits about a new Chinese consortium. Fcuk knows, Arabs, Indians, I don't care. Just buy me some time. I'll see this cnut Paul Murray off, just leave it to me.'

PC: 'Yes boss.'

Edited by pozbaird

http://tinyurl. com/cax6lyo Not a bad article for the Sun.

It's not that Whyte will try to buy Rangers but he can have a big say on what happens. He paid £1 for his shares, so they are HIS shares regardless where the money came from for that or to pay off Lloyds.

Murray getting a tip or two from Whyte.....http://tinyurl.com/ckyyojt

This is even worse than Whyte's dodge as the land is common good, namely for the benefit of the community. And that is NOT the same as the Council.

Whyte didn't fulfill the conditions of his purchase agreement, such as investing 5 million per year, and probably broke the Financial Assistance rules in buying the shares, so Duffman will be thinking the deal is null and void.

As the Freehold (if that's the word) for the Waverley site was worth 1p a year, Edinburgh are getting a good deal if Murray is paying 40p up front..

Seems that the FTT verdict can't be far off. If, as suggested, it is in favour of HMRC, then I guess that means a winding up order will be issued ? The timing of this could be significant, since I understand that this will have a 28 day notice period, so will Rangers be able to fulfill their remaining fixtures ? Come to think of it, if they are to be wound up, then in no way can I see the next OF game taking place anyway.

After liquidation, the fun begins. Craig Whyte is clearly not going to 'walk away', and it looks as if Ticketus will become a creditor against his holding company. Paul Murray strikes me as a bit of a lightweight - I'm sure he's a well meaning enough guy, perhaps one of the few honest sorts in this - but he's nothing more than an organiser.

Until ownership of the ground is settled - must be a fair chance Ticketus will inherit that - then I can't how the phoenix club will re-emerge. I've felt for sometime, that 2012/13 will go down as the Season Without Rangers. But, for all parties concerned, that's no bad thing as it will offer some breathing space to get ready for the inevitable return in 2013/14. Of course, there will be a right old power struggle between Celtic and the remaining clubs and that will impact on what sort of welcome phoenix Rangers will get.

I dont know what's going to happen in the SFA circles, over the double contract issue, but Rangers going bust solves the problem right away. There will be no motivation to investigate further, as there will be no club left to punish. One or two figures will quietly retire. Celtic might want to stir things up, but they'll have their hands full taking on the rest of the SPL.

When Rangers come back, I suspect a good chunk of them will be owned by Ticketus - a deal being done to release a bit more season ticket cash, as there's no point giving them a St Mirren level budget. There will surely be a share issue as well to raise further funds and my vote for their MD would be Mark Dingwall as I'm sure he'd give us tremenous entertainment in the job. Part of the 'peace' treaty between Celtic and the gang of 10/11 will be the terms of re-admission for phoenix Rangers. It also seems inevitable that the SPL will increase to 14 teams in 2013/14 too.

Turbulent times ahead for all for sure. One of the main short term concerns is that Rangers' demise may trigger an extinction event. Could Kilmarnock or Dunfermline go bust in the meantime ?

If Rangers can come waltzing straight back into the SPL I couldn't give a f**k if the whole league goes bankrupt..........

If this is allowed to happen we are ALL clearly just supporting a TV franchise and frankly I'd rather "support" the EPL, La Liga or the Bundesliga.

One of the main short term concerns is that Rangers' demise may trigger an extinction event. Could Kilmarnock or Dunfermline go bust in the meantime ?

Without tempting fate, I'd be pretty confident that we wouldn't. We are in a healthier financial position than we have been for a decade. We will turn a huge profit this year, and very little of it will have anything to do with Rangers

surely the only "extinction event" likely is of Rangers themselves in the short term?

crowds will haemorrhage if a new Rangers is simply let straight back into the SPL, unpunished.

Without tempting fate, I'd be pretty confident that we wouldn't. We are in a healthier financial position than we have been for a decade. We will turn a huge profit this year, and very little of it will have anything to do with Rangers

Cool. I'd hope there isn't a fall-out, but fear there may be.

Replying to the previous post, Rangers coming in after a year out will be more palatable as opposed to undue haste next season. Once everyone's taken stock, a consensus will arise that the SPL will be better with them back (not my view though).

What is certain though is that the SPL they come back to will be quite different. I think the days of OF duopoly will be over soon enough.

Did not expect Paul Murray's posturing alongside Ticketus to break up quite so soon. They clearly have two completely different objectives regarding the ticket deal, but I at least thought Rangers' next Walter Mitty would continue to promise all things to all men (well, except us popcorn-munching vultures).

No doubt he has his excuses already sent to the Record once his grand plan collapses.

Could a Doner Kebab be described as "succulent lamb"? :unsure:

Replying to the previous post, Rangers coming in after a year out will be more palatable as opposed to undue haste next season. Once everyone's taken stock, a consensus will arise that the SPL will be better with them back (not my view though).

Would you have the SPL playing with an odd number of teams in the intervening year or the SFL?

If Rangers can come waltzing straight back into the SPL I couldn't give a f**k if the whole league goes bankrupt..........

If this is allowed to happen we are ALL clearly just supporting a TV franchise and frankly I'd rather "support" the EPL, La Liga or the Bundesliga.

Add the SFL to that too. Any form of pandering to them and giving them special treatment that any other club would not recieve in the same circumstance and I am finished with Scottish Football.

There really would be no point!

Yep I suspect I would be finished with the senior game, if that were to happen, too. When I come back, I'd stick to watching the juniors.

The galling thing is there doesn't even seem to be a pretence that a non-OF club would receive the same treatment that the Scottish football establishment, including the scottish sports media, are arguing for a newco Rangers.

I'm fairly sure if United were to be facing liquidation there would be a general acceptance that they should get kicked out of the SPL.

see also Tom English's "The Old Firm are a special case, get over it" line on the radio at the weekend.

Still no sign of Traynor anywhere. I suspect he's sitting, unshaven, in a cheap B & B somewhere like Morecambe, slowly working his way through a litre of Johnnie Walker, and toying with the butt of a pearl-handed revolver.

Add the SFL to that too. Any form of pandering to them and giving them special treatment that any other club would not recieve in the same circumstance and I am finished with Scottish Football.

There really would be no point!

I've been saying this since the Rangers crisis broke - events will take care of themselves at first. Administrators, cost-cutting, bids invited, so on and soforth. None of this is the business of the SPL, SFA, SFL, or anyone bar' Rangers FC and their administrators.

There will come a point though where Rangers situation is cleared up, and the football authorities need to act. They might be looking at a liquidated Rangers, they might not. None of us know for sure. They cannot rumble on in this state of limbo forever though. Some end game will be reached, and then it gets interesting.

IF there is any bending over and taking it up the arse, solely for the sake of Sky TV demanding to show certain games on the telly, IF the authorities blatantly treat Rangers differerently simply because they are bigger than other clubs, IF rulebooks and laws are treated with contempt, and the only thing that matters is to prop up a debt-dodging, cheating club no matter what - game over. We might as well form a two-team top flight consisting of Rangers and Celtic.

As they say on Dragon's Den - I'm out.

Edited by pozbaird