Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If it turns out that senior figures in the SFA and SPL have been up to their necks in aiding and abetting a policy of one rule for Rangers (and by implication Celtic) and another for "diddy clubs",

Which rules are you talking about in regards one rule for Rangers etc, and why by implication Celtic?

Pretty disappointing given the build up, nothing of real interest.

The first in a series though, he isn't going to shoot his bolt in the first report.

Plus the majority audience of C4 news will know diddly squat about Scottish football so it will take time to build up I reckon.

He tried the same thing on Newsnicht last night, only for the supposed expert on administration go 'err, not sure what you're talking about, really.'

It's a shame to see Spiers fall into ranks with the rest of the Scottish media, swallowing the wish upon a star drivel fed to them by Duff and Phelps. Erm yes, we'll let Rangers - a club with no major income generating stream as things stand, and a track record of failing to pay taxes - pay back £19 million plus the inevitable £49 million second bill in 5,000 easy monthly payments.

Her Majesty couldn't possibly say no to that. But if they do, presumably they're off to Wonga to apply for £63 million until their next pay day, which thanks to Ticketus, is currently, what, 2015?

Yep. he and Tom English sobbing bitterly on twitter today, after getting a lot of jip for trotting out the H&D line as though it were gospel.

Not a lot there, tbh. did like the rangers response, though - "Ye'll have to speak to David Murray" :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the SFA had done that last year we wouldn't be having this much fun....

KTID

It's laughable the way certain voices are trying to suggest that the whole Craig Whyte affair is somehow the fault of the SFA. Can you imagine the sh*tstorm that would have followed if the SFA had attempted to block Craig Whyte's takeover? The Murray supporting media would have gone into meltdown if the man with untold billions had been blocked from investing in the Gers. This whole f*ck-up starts and ends at Rangers, the Rangers board and the Rangers chairman are wholly culpable.

And what should happen now? Should the SFA conduct stringent tests on the various bidders in the frame to take them over now? What happens if they decide that none of them meet the criteria? Would be priceless if they did.

smile.gif

Saw Regan squirm on Channel 4 when asked about the SFA checking out Whyte

If you want a mortgage the lender does a check. Electoral roll, Experian or Equifax, even disclosure check. Hardly rocket science. But no the SFA depends on the equivalent of a self certified mortgage, and we all know the scam that they were. No proof of anything required. Whyte was a good guy, in fact he said he was a good billionaire, so come on in.

Writing to clubs asking about how they are paying players? Cut to the chase. Are you a drug dealer who is using the club to launder cash? How many companies have you run which have failed owing creditors? Who exactly is paying the wages of your players? In some cases the wages are paid by people not officially connected to the club but with a history of dodgy dealings who can't be seen to be directly involved. The SFA can take it at face value and all is well. Dig under the surface and the maggots crawl out.

What surprises me is that HMRC tolerated Rangers behaviour for so long when they knew the individuals concerned came with 'previous' in their dealings with them. Very very strange.

Edited by thelegendthatis

If she was any kind of Defender of the Faith she'd be arranging a Royal pardon as a Jubilee gift. But she's a miserable old trout. I'm beginning to wonder if she really does support Rangers.

But as that was a title from the Pope, it was always in doubt ;)

Yep. he and Tom English sobbing bitterly on twitter today, after getting a lot of jip for trotting out the H&D line as though it were gospel.

Spiers is probably just getting off on winding up the green bigots rather than the blue bigots for a day.

Ultimatelty the SFA is a collective of its constituent members (basically - clubs). In policy terms the SFA = the clubs, + a couple of elected officials, all of whom originate from clubs, except for Regan who is an employee. In rule terms the SFA = the clubs and that's it.

It's up to the clubs to approve reforms. By definition, that means it's up to the clubs to want reforms.

Hopefully they do, or at least a sufficient majority do.

(Probably) factually correct. But there is a set of articles for the SFA which the employees are legally obliged to deliver, especially those at senior level. The board members also personally have that same responsibility,

However the SFA has other interested parties or stakeholders. Companies who sponsor events and cups, each of whom have reputations and brands to protect. McDonalds, HBOS, Wm Hill, Carling, Adidas. Plus the Scottish Gov in their Cashback and Coalfield Regeneration.

Do they want to be associated with a tainted product? One that talks governance but does nothing about it? That ducks and dives when asked straightforward questions. One that takes their money and doesn't deliver (quote from one of the named sponsors).

Suspect by the start of next season in August we should be seeing these organisations desert the sinking ship if only to preserve their own reputations.

Has any of the Scottish Sports Media got a shred of credibility left?

The rangers situation has exposed a load of them as clowns.

I know their fight backs about faceless forumsters, but it's taken general news/ business reporters and a guy coming north to get any movement on the story.

Don't get me wrong they're entertaining enough, but will never dig to get the truth.

Actually the Pope withdrew his title from Henry VIII. The present title was later bestowed on the monarch by Parliament. :)

:o so claiming titles she is not entitled too, she does support Rangers after all!!!

;)

:o so claiming titles she is not entitled too, she does support Rangers after all!!!

She actually supports Hearts and you should show your ruler more respect.dry.gif

She actually supports Hearts and you should show your ruler more respect.dry.gif

The day she pegs it will be as joyous as when Thatcher does. :)

The day she pegs it will be as joyous as when Thatcher does. :)

I see your thinking fella - you prefer a man like Prince Charles as your ruler instead.;)

You should be careful though - treason carries severe sentences.

Lady Thatcher will be sorely missed I feel. I hope you realise this when you own your first home and are protected at work without the need for a trouble making trade union. :(

She isnae even Queen of Scotland as she took the title of QE2 of the UK but QE1 was queen of england only.

so she supports Queens Park Rangers LOL

;)

It is amazing what passes for journalism in this country these days...The big Channe 4 expose on Rangers ends up being a damp squib. How many journalists can Irish Phil dupe??? :rolleyes:

Do these people not know Irish Phil doesn't have the best of records regarding his dealings with the elderly <_<

I see your thinking fella - you prefer a man like Prince Charles as your ruler instead.;)

You should be careful though - treason carries severe sentences.

Lady Thatcher will be sorely missed I feel. I hope you realise this when you own your first home and are protected at work without the need for a trouble making trade union. :(

A/ Dont really care who rules England ...

B/ Not anymore :P

C/ Owned a couple, and now cant get a council house cos most were sold off in the 1980/90's.

Sure you speak for the whole of Scotland. You fucking tit.