Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just a thought, but the administrators haven't really being doing their job. Beavis'n'Buthead may be thinking 'we'll keep this running and make more money for our own company, then when the shit hits the fan in the summer with the HMRC case, we'll pick it up then clear off leaving Rangers in liquidation and ourselves in good money - much like Craig Whyte - just a thought people ;)

KPMG had this plan, then realised Airdrie hadn't a fucking button.

What Ticketus are afraid of is that they are treated as creditors and are forced to settle for 10p in the £ for their £24m.

They believe that they own three years of season tickets. However, they are afraid that a court will decide that the season tickets were not Craig Whyte's to sell so all they have is an IOU for the cash. If a court finds in their favour and confirms that they have the sole rights to sell season tickets, Rangers fans have only to decided not to buy them and to pay at the gate for them to be severely out of pocket. No-one can force a season ticket holder to renew and if they choose not to, Ticketus will have 40,000 season tickets and no-one to buy them which is not RFC's fault. Rangers fans will still fill Ibrox and Ticketus will be left high and dry. If they are part of the BK Consortium, they will probably have their paying customers.

If I was part of the BKs, I would tell Ticketus to "Eff Off". Season Ticket holders can then decide whether to renew or not. It surely doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to work out that RFC will benefit from fans paying cash at the gate as opposed to ST holders seeing all their money going to an organisation that has nothing to do with the club.

Looks to me like Ticketus can assure their position if they move themselves into a position where they are secured creditors. These people are venture capitalists and have a duty to look after their investors. If they take over a secured position they won't give a stuff about liquidation. They'll get far more out of the sale of assets than they will if things go tits up just now. It only cost Whyte a quid so why would it cost them much more to assume the debt. They'll be out the box if the big tax case goes against them but Ticketus will get much better value thereafter.

My head is bursting with all this takeover stuff. Can't Rangers do anything the simple way?

Now we also have players refusing to play for Whyte and ticketus back in the picture but as a club owner with the son of the guy who's responsible for the massive tax bill that could be coming their way.

I need a fucking asprin.

Edit to add David and Paul Murray are not releated, my bad sad.gif

Edited by Gaz FFC

My head is bursting with all this takeover stuff. Can't Rangers do anything the simple way?

Now we also have players refusing to play for Whyte and ticketus back in the picture but as a club owner with the son of the guy who's responsible for the massive tax bill that could be coming their way.

I need a fucking asprin.

If you're referring to Paul Murray as David Murray's son, I'm not sure that that's the case.

Am I being thick or is Paul Murray using Ticketus/season ticket money to finance his bid?

It's quite possible that Ticketus aren't putting any (more) money in - they have maybe agreed to take less back if the Blue Knights takeover is successful, provided they have someone on the new board, and have a say in the future running of the club.

I need a fucking asprin.

David and Paul Murray are not related...In fact they were hardly on speaking terms during the sale of the club to Whyte

Nice to see duff and duffer telling the SFA to take a hike over Dundee united's money :D They owe lots of people but as long as they can put out a strong team then everything is ok, 75% wage cut? they should be playing their lowest paid and dumping the rest...still the wrangling over players agreeing to wage cuts must seem like a "new signing"

See Sir David Murray now saying the only thing he did wrong was sell to the panto villain (Boo! Hiss!) I'm sure he and the other directors now regret this as they has such plans to avoid the impending wave of debt.

Yes, I have to question why they havent told Ticketus to f**k off... not at all convinced its in Rangers best interest to have them with feet under the table.

See Sir David Murray now saying the only thing he did wrong was sell to the panto villain (Boo! Hiss!) I'm sure he and the other directors now regret this as they has such plans to avoid the impending wave of debt.

SDM and the old board , with a little 'help' , from the bank managed to half the Rangers debt over the last 3 years AND win 3 League Championships in a row.

What 'impending wave of debt'? There was only the small tax case that had been overlooked by Rangers and HMRC..I am sure that original debt would have been of little consequence. Roughly £2 millionish

The big tax case will hurt IF we lose the case but that far is from a forgone conclusion. HMRC have made it clear they will be willing to do a deal RE. repayments and they do not want to put the club into liquidation due to loss of future revenue.

The wave of debt comes from that wee Shyster Whyte using OUR money to pay off the bank in one go..It comes from the crooked b*****d not paying the PAYE/NI over the last year or so...Not paying the small tax case has led to interest and fines being added to the original sum. Not paying any outside contractors for the work carried out on ground improvements. It could be argued that Whytes total lack of investment in the playing squad led to Rangers missing out on European football. It is down to his gross mismanagement that we find ourself on the brink of Liquidation.

SDM made more than 1 mistake but it is clear that selling to that boogly eyed wee b*****d was by far the biggest.

Yes, I have to question why they havent told Ticketus to f**k off... not at all convinced its in Rangers best interest to have them with feet under the table.

Well it's nice to have the amount of people tying you to court time as low as possible, they owe a staggering amount, be nice to see a list of creditors and for how much.

As an aside I see one of our respected journalists shouting "Ticketus ( A blue Knight) are part of the Octopus investments and are worth hundres of billions ergo we ahve an investor with hundreds of billions":D I'm paraphrasing but it really is too absurd to think about someone professing to be in the media even hinting that is the case

The way I see it David Murray coming out and saying that the only thing he did wrong was selling to Whyte means He would have gotten away with all his scams and might have had his "good name" untarnished had whyte not blown of the doors off Rangers.

Murray is just pissed off at the shit storm heading his way. This will take many years,millions and much mudslinging to sort out.

biggrin.gif

What 'impending wave of debt'? There was only the small tax case that had been overlooked by Rangers and HMRC..I am sure that original debt would have been of little consequence. Roughly £2 millionish

eh the one that's hit now, where was that cash to pay for all bills you have now going to come from? the bank? Sir David Murray? the bank owned eye watering debt holding MIH?

HMRC have made it clear they will be willing to do a deal.

If you mean that the Scottish press have made it clear that HMRC are willing to do a deal then yes you are correct.

Meanwhile back in the real world HMRC haven't said any such thing.

The way I see it David Murray coming out and saying that the only thing he did wrong was selling to Whyte means He would have gotten away with all his scams and might have had his "good name" untarnished had whyte not blown of the doors off Rangers.

Murray is just pissed off at the shit storm heading his way. This will take many years,millions and much mudslinging to sort out.

biggrin.gif

Murray spent a staggering amount outwith the cheating, the chickens were coming home to roost....quick find me an idiot :D

HMRC have made it clear they will be willing to do a deal RE. repayments and they do not want to put the club into liquidation due to loss of future revenue.

HMRC have been threatening to pull the plug on a major football club for several years now in an effort to put an end to the misaprehension that many football clubs appear to live under where-by they seem to think that complying with legislation is optional for them. HMRC cannot afford to be seen to be lenient with rangers. The loss of future revenue that that message that would send to other clubs would massively outweigh the loss of any future revenue from rangers.

Edited by p&b is a disgrace