Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Am I being thick or is Paul Murray using Ticketus/season ticket money to finance his bid?

Sounds about right Sarge. Best analogy I can come up with is a dog chasing its own tail, or maybe a two-headed dog chasing no tail

It's hard to follow....

Goodness knows how the knuckle-draggers can Follow Follow :P

So effectively no-one wants to deal with Whyte but they want to take over the club, and also want to give him nothing. I completely understand why they wouldn't want to give him anything...but surely Whyte actually only wants someone to give him money to sod off?!

What happens then if Whyte refuses to 'give' the club away?

Dunno if posted earlier, Kyle larffarty out for another 6 weeks. May be a smidgin of truth in the whole burnley due dosh for 100 games. Don't think he'll play again this season and be papped oot the door at the earliest convenience.

Plus a trip to load up at farmfoods at the weekend - I think Alistair might get Craig Whytes ( sorry I mean preferentials) at farmfoods as he used to do a bit of promotional stuff ..................

Edited by Greenocktony

So this Ticketus mob desperately want Rangers not to be liquidated, because they'll likely kiss 24 million quid goodbye. To try and stop this happening, they are prepared to join with others to take Rangers over. If they are successful, and end up part-owning Rangers, logically their next move is to start getting their 24 million back.

My next assumption therefore is that Ticketus have absolutely no interest in owning Rangers because Ticketus directors want to swan about Ibrox in club ties and massage their egos. They have no interest in Rangers, as a 140 year old footballing institution.

... fit and proper people to be involved in owning a football club? Are Rangers fans pinning their hopes on Ticketus / Paul Murray / whoever else forms 'Blue Knights'?

What Ticketus are afraid of is that they are treated as creditors and are forced to settle for 10p in the £ for their £24m.

They believe that they own three years of season tickets. However, they are afraid that a court will decide that the season tickets were not Craig Whyte's to sell so all they have is an IOU for the cash. If a court finds in their favour and confirms that they have the sole rights to sell season tickets, Rangers fans have only to decided not to buy them and to pay at the gate for them to be severely out of pocket. No-one can force a season ticket holder to renew and if they choose not to, Ticketus will have 40,000 season tickets and no-one to buy them which is not RFC's fault. Rangers fans will still fill Ibrox and Ticketus will be left high and dry. If they are part of the BK Consortium, they will probably have their paying customers.

If I was part of the BKs, I would tell Ticketus to "Eff Off". Season Ticket holders can then decide whether to renew or not. It surely doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to work out that RFC will benefit from fans paying cash at the gate as opposed to ST holders seeing all their money going to an organisation that has nothing to do with the club.

Edited by Geefoxer

Sounds about right Sarge. Best analogy I can come up with is a dog chasing its own tail, or maybe a two-headed dog chasing no tail

It's hard to follow....

Goodness knows how the knuckle-draggers can Follow Follow :P

God knows. I can barely follow. Maybe I just don't think in the same devious ways as these people?

What Ticketus are afraid of is that they are treated as creditors and are forced to settle for 10p in the £ for their £24m.

They believe that they own three years of season tickets. However, they are afraid that a court will decide that the season tickets were not Craig Whyte's to sell so all they have is an IOU for the cash. If a court finds in their favour and confirms that they have the sole rights to sell season tickets, Rangers fans have only to decided not to buy them and to pay at the gate for them to be severely out of pocket. No-one can force a season ticket holder to renew and if they choose not to, Ticketus will have 40,000 season tickets and no-one to buy them which is not RFC's fault. Rangers fans will still fill Ibrox and Ticketus will be left high and dry. If they are part of the BK Consortium, they will probably have their paying customers.

If I was part of the BKs, I would tell Ticketus to "Eff Off". Season Ticket holders can then decide whether to renew or not. It surely doesn't take the brains of an Archbishop to work out that RFC will benefit from fans paying cash at the gate as opposed to ST holders seeing all their money going to an organisation that has nothing to do with the club.

There's no way Rangers will ever be able to revert to the old fashioned 'pay cash at the gate' days. Not a chance.

Even trying to print and make available for sale 50,000 individial match tickets for each game would be a bloody nightmare. I know this isn't the most pressing issue at the moment in the Rangers saga.

There's no way Rangers will ever be able to revert to the old fashioned 'pay cash at the gate' days. Not a chance.

Even trying to print and make available for sale 50,000 individial match tickets for each game would be a bloody nightmare. I know this isn't the most pressing issue at the moment in the Rangers saga.

Individual tickets can be put on the smart cards so need for 50'000 match tickets.

Noticed Andy Goram in the Sun today saying "Any other dressing room would be ripped apart by administration, they'd be fighting with each other..."

Aye Andy, that's exactly how it went with Dundee too. :lol: Still, the saga rolls on and it is pretty shocking to see that Rangers believe that their players, who can actively find new contracts with other clubs, are above the creditors who are waiting for money from Rangers. This whole saga only increases my contempt for their football club. Last season, Celtic were a joke with the referees, this season Rangers have taken the biscuit.

Just a thought, but the administrators haven't really being doing their job. Beavis'n'Buthead may be thinking 'we'll keep this running and make more money for our own company, then when the shit hits the fan in the summer with the HMRC case, we'll pick it up then clear off leaving Rangers in liquidation and ourselves in good money - much like Craig Whyte - just a thought people ;)