Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

He's only 1 man of 4 on the investigation - alongwith the Judge, the bloke from BT and the bloke from SEPA...

... and he's only 1 man of 6 (Ogilvie excluded) on SFA Board - alongwith Sir Ralph (SPL), the Juniors Secretary, Petrie (Hibs), the bloke from Cove Rangers, and the man from the brewery.

Whatever happens, it's certainly not his individual decision.

I'm not suggesting that it is his individual decision, but he is the mouthpiece, and, with that, comes a certain level of responsibility and accountability. What he says in any statement will reflect the position of the SFA, have no doubt about that, and he is already making noises about the 'disaster' that awaits us all should Rangers be liquidated. Why even comment on it? That is a rhetorical question, BTW.

The thing is, people like Regan and Doncaster absolutely shouldn't be saying that.

They shuold be saying "We are confident in the product we have and individual entities making up the league will come and go, though we will promote the brand in the same way".

By playing up the "disaster" of losing Rangers, what are new sponsors to think if that does happen and they have to go seeking investment.

Its only a disaster if your club relys on TV income, ticket income from Rangers fans, sponsors etc - so basically its the SPL thats fecked.

I dont see how it would be a disaster for Montrose, Cowdenbeath or Partick etc. These are clubs that now have to live within their means and if the trickle down of money from the SPL etc fades then they'll be far better positioned to deal with it than say Hearts or Aberdeen.

In fact, going back to Gretna, was the SPL's ethos not "drag them to the end of the season, relegate the fuckers, then they become the SFL's problem, not ours"?

The thing is, people like Regan and Doncaster absolutely shouldn't be saying that.

They shuold be saying "We are confident in the product we have and individual entities making up the league will come and go, though we will promote the brand in the same way".

By playing up the "disaster" of losing Rangers, what are new sponsors to think if that does happen and they have to go seeking investment.

Exactly. They have a duty to promote "the product" regardless.

Their first mistake in dealing with the public is talking about it primarily as "a product".

So the big hoose is still open, but no-one is in? Or if they are, they are hiding behind the curtains!

It's the typical Glasgow/West of Scotland behaviour

"Quick it's the Provi, git doon !"

Wonder if this could happen. Rangers say they're unable to complete fixtures. Finish on -10 points. They lay off nearly all players and staff. Negotiate a CVA and come out of Administration with new owners. Demoted for football reasons to Div1, ie less points than anyone else. Assemble a youth squad and a) Play in Div 1 next season or b)The SFL has the power to demote them to Div 3 or deduct 25+ points because they've just come out of administration, despite the fact it occured in the SPL..

I'm confused. Can someone please tell me:

1. Why are there still players at Rangers earning 20k+ per week?

2. Why are Rangers still in business?

3. When is this madness going to end?

I think all this legal talk is just an attempt to bore people into forgetting that Rangers are operating whilst insolvent, are cheating b*****ds run by criminal poo poo heads whilst Duff & Whelps are raking it in.

Someone wake me up when the ice cream is defrosted.

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-central/300112-rangers-court-battle-with-craig-whyte-over-36m-to-keep-club-afloat/

The counsel for administrators Duff and Phelps told the court that the case over the disputed £3.6m needs to be concluded by the start of the next SPL season or the club face liquidation.

Merchant Turnaround, of which Mr Whyte is the company secretary, are claiming for £1m of the money, while HMRC are claiming they are owed £2.8m of it and Jerome Pension Fund have put forward a claim for £2.95m.

Ticketus, which bought four years' future Ibrox season ticket sales in a £24m deal Mr Whyte used to fund his takeover of the club, has not not quantified its claim yet.

Duff and Phelps are believed to be claiming for the full £3.6m seized from the account of Collyer Bristow, the lawyers who brokered Mr Whyte's takeover last May.

LOL - There's £3.6 Mill and between they want £10.35Mill + whatever Ticketus claim.

The mess just grows and gorws

Regan on Rangers "Disaster"

Apart from the obvious, the thing that caught my eye was "

The SFA is also looking into whether Whyte satisfies its "fit and proper person" criteria; the Scottish Premier League is assessing allegations that the club operated a dual contract policy that hid some payments made to players; and Strathclyde Police are making inquiries into the legality of matters surrounding the takeover.
"

Surely the fit and proper person criteria should be met BEFORE someone buys a club?

Regan on Rangers "Disaster"

Apart from the obvious, the thing that caught my eye was ""

Surely the fit and proper person criteria should be met BEFORE someone buys a club?

They seem to have taken a "Ach, i'm sure he's fine" line of thinking with this after Whyte repeatedly refused to provide the information they asked for.

Let's just say if Aluko gets the punt any time soon I will be loving it. If he signed a 2 year deal at Aberdeen he would have been guaranteed wages and £200,000 richer! :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by uni

Its only a disaster if your club relys on TV income, ticket income from Rangers fans, sponsors etc - so basically its the SPL thats fecked.

I dont see how it would be a disaster for Montrose, Cowdenbeath or Partick etc. These are clubs that now have to live within their means and if the trickle down of money from the SPL etc fades then they'll be far better positioned to deal with it than say Hearts or Aberdeen.

If Rangers cannot fufill their fixtures including 2 OF games then Sky could invoke whathever clause they have in the agreement and reduce the amount they pay for the tv deal this season. If they can do this, the reduction is likely to be significant. Given the precarious position of a number of SPL clubs any signifcant reduction to their cash flow which they will have budgeted for could well spell disaster. The SPL do also provide a support payment to the SFL but I do not know when this payment(s) is/are made.

This gets even more confusing - what part does Whitney Houston's estate play in all this? Was she a creditor or an investor?

Maybe they got confused and thought Whitney Houston was an MLS franchise and they could play in the States…