Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Yes I thought so. Making looking forward more difficult. Hopefully there aren't too many like you who are prepared to keep the sectarianism fuelled up even after the demise of Rangers.

I'm not quite following that, are you saying there is a sectarian problem at Celtic but only because of Rangers??

Statement from St Mirren on our official site. Pretty pointless to say the least!

Our board are brilliant at releasing fence sitting statements. Wouldn't be surrpised if some of our fans have been firing in e-mails in the last few days about what to do about Rangers and the BoD released the statement in a bid to get them to stop.

Airdrie United didn't have three years of accounts when they applied to join the SFL in 2002.

IIRC they are the same company that traded as Clydebank FC for many decades beforehand.

*edit*

Yep, Companies House confirms they were founded as Clydebank in 1965 and changed their name to Airdrie Utd in July 2002.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/dce81bce57043220736ab125fb69d156/compdetails

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

They require the last 3 years of accounts if they have been trading for that time. I don't know where it says they have to have been in existance for 3 years.

http://www.scottishf...a%20%282%29.pdf

If you're right then neither the SPL nor the SFL would be an option, SFA menbership being a requirement of both.

I see what you mean... could they just leave the first 2/3 years blank? It's a bit of a loophole if true!! Btw, having asked on FitbaNorth, a poster involved at Formartine has confirmed: they had to submit 3 years worth to obtain SFA Associate Membership last month.

Airdrie United didn't have three years of accounts when they applied to join the SFL in 2002.

Things may have changed in a decade, though, e.g. Licensing didn't even exist in 2002.

Our board are brilliant at releasing fence sitting statements. Wouldn't be surrpised if some of our fans have been firing in e-mails in the last few days about what to do about Rangers and the BoD released the statement in a bid to get them to stop.

On the contrary - hopefully this will get them to start :D

I very much doubt any CVA will be agreed in the near future, especially with the outcome of the big tax case still pending and the fact that the administrators have done very little to prove that Rangers can operate as a going concern.

Rangers only hope of surviving in their current form is that they win the big tax case and somehow agree a CVA or a Billionaire oligarch comes in and pays off all their debt.

Liquidation is becoming more inevitable by the day.

HMRC never agree to CVA's as a point of principle.

Hopefully there aren't too many like you who are prepared to keep the sectarianism fuelled up even after the demise of Rangers.

So, just to check, it's the presence of Rangers in the league that leads Celtic fans to sing songs glorifying murdering foreign terrorists?

Rangers no longer existing, will lead these bigot scumbags to say "You know what, maybe we shouldn't sing about the Oi R A?"

And the (flute) band played "Believe it if you like..."

Edited by H_B

IIRC they are the same company that traded as Clydebank FC for many decades beforehand.

*edit*

Yep, Companies House confirms they were founded as Clydebank in 1965 and changed their name to Airdrie Utd in July 2002.

http://wck2.companie...156/compdetails

Clydebank were still in the league when Airdrie United tried to join the SFL and after being rejected for Gretna they then took over Clydebank.

Edited by Death to the bigots

I'm not quite following that, are you saying there is a sectarian problem at Celtic but only because of Rangers??

No, I'm saying the demise of Rangers would alleviate and might even eradicate any sectarian problem at Celtic. If it's true it takes two to Tango maybe changing the dance to a bit of solo riverdancing would get rid of a lot of the bile and hatred.

No, I'm saying the demise of Rangers would alleviate and might even eradicate any sectarian problem at Celtic.

It wouldn't stop at all. You are very naïve if you think it will stop the problem if Rangers aren't around, these people sing songs for the sake of it. They will continue singing it when Rangers aren't around

Edited by Saints Bevy Squad

No, I'm saying the demise of Rangers would alleviate and might even eradicate any sectarian problem at Celtic.

Unless their demise includes bringing down the RC Church at the same time (which would be a tasty double) it won't.

St.Mirren should be docked 10 points for releasing that statement.

Why? As Stu and others said earlier - it doesn't say anything one way or the other. I have no idea why our BOD released this statement. It adds nothing. All they've done is release a statement that says they hope things work out for the best, and until they know the score with Rangers, they have nothing to say.

Excellent. Well done... Meh.

Statement from St Mirren on our official site. Pretty pointless to say the least!

Aye just seen that on the BBC..WTF is that all aboot then. Some words which pretty much say "we may say something at some point but right now (even though we are saying this) we are saying fuckall..:blink:

maybe I'm mistaken but everyone that's saying that a NewCo 'can apply & have their application judged on its own merits' are wrong?

in order to make an application for entry you must meet certain criteria, one of those is having three years of audited accounts, the NewCo wont have this (unless they buy it off someone else) so their application wouldn't even make it to the judging panel, surely?

Anyone got a link to the SFA membership criteria cos I can't see them in the SFA articles