Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think anyone would suggest it's straightforward. It's pretty clearly what the administrator was alluding to earlier, though, with his "definitions".

To answer your question particularly - after Airdrie United, SFL inserted a rule which (while not preventing it) makes it harder for a club to do what Airdrie did, or what Leeds did. Also worth noting SFL isn't a Limited Company, it's just a members association, although it's not fundemental.

SFL has a rule which says that for a member to transfer its membership to another legal entity requires its own approval. I've no doubt that in the case of Dundee and Livingston, their fellow clubs would not have granted such approval.

Thing is what Airdrie did shouldnt have been allowed. In 1970 Dumbarton were about to buy over Clyde. However they were told by the league that they could not take Clyde's place in the first division. Yet Airdrie were allowed to take Clydebank's place in the second. Not really sure why other than the fact that the clubs were happy to see the back of Clydebank

I find this situation totally baffling, I worked with a large Insurance company which went bust. PwC stepped in as administrators and they told us that staff had to be stripped to the bone. As it was no longer trading most sales staff went, a lot underwriters went, but quite a few finance staff were kept on. The managers of each department, with a viable contingent being kept, were give a target of how many had to go and they made the decision who went and who was kept. Within two days the axe fell. Now, it would have been nice if they had given us a couple of weeks to sort ourselves out and then when we refused to go ask us to come up with a better plan but hardly realistic. Just WTF are Duff and Phelps doing???

From Poppyscotland's Twitter:

"Seem to be some unfounded rumours circulating on twitter tonight. To confirm, Poppyscotland is not a creditor of Rangers FC".

@poppyscotland

They might say that, but Strathclyde Police are investigating after an anonymous tip-off....

post-11339-0-86373400-1330984471_thumb.j

Not really sure why other than the fact that the clubs were happy to see the back of Clydebank

That's about the size of it. They killed two birds with one stone, by denying Airdrie to get back in the league and positively encouraged the Clydebank deal. SFL officials and Chairmen knew fine well what would happen if they knocked Airdrie back. The whole thing made them look strong and efficient. Make an example of basket case over spenders Airdrie (despite different people being involved) and do in perennial homeless basket case Bankies.

Thing is what Airdrie did shouldnt have been allowed. In 1970 Dumbarton were about to buy over Clyde. However they were told by the league that they could not take Clyde's place in the first division. Yet Airdrie were allowed to take Clydebank's place in the second. Not really sure why other than the fact that the clubs were happy to see the back of Clydebank

I think it's against Uefa statutes and by extension the SFA's to 'buy' a club further up the league system - it prevents someone deciding that taking three seasons to do a 'Gretna' is three seasons too long and simply buying promotions. It's ok-ish to buy one further down as it gains you no advantage unless that club is about to be promoted and you relegated, as Dumbarton and Clyde would do soon after the attempted buy-out.

Effectively Airdrie, all money worries aside, relegated themselves despite finishing the season in 2nd place.

I think it's against Uefa statutes and by extension the SFA's to 'buy' a club further up the league system - it prevents someone deciding that taking three seasons to do a 'Gretna' is three seasons too long and simply buying promotions. It's ok-ish to buy one further down as it gains you no advantage unless that club is about to be promoted and you relegated, as Dumbarton and Clyde would do soon after the attempted buy-out.

Effectively Airdrie, all money worries aside, relegated themselves despite finishing the season in 2nd place.

Well no effectively they bought themselves promotion. As a new club the highest division they should have got into was the third. But they bought their way into the second. Even if the Clydebank take over had been allowed by league rules they should have started in the third division

I think it's because effectively Dumbarton would have been promoting themselves, and Airdrie were just maintaining their spot in the same division.

I'll guess this has been posted but this is wonderful.

I'm a Ranger, I'm a Ranger! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Cheers for that! Altogether now! I'm a Ranger! I'm a Ranger!... 8)

2min 42 sec - that'll be the look on Ally's face when Haudit and Daudit finally swing the axe.

I'll guess this has been posted but this is wonderful.

I'm a Ranger, I'm a Ranger! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Video editing the Homer Simpson way

Homer: OK, from here we star wipe to a glamour shot of Flanders paying his bills, then we star wipe to Flanders brushing his teeth...

Well no effectively they bought themselves promotion. As a new club the highest division they should have got into was the third. But they bought their way into the second. Even if the Clydebank take over had been allowed by league rules they should have started in the third division

:huh:

They bought out an existing club after their application to start as a new club in the third was refused.

Clydebank were a sorry state at the end and had been touted for sale for a long time.

As someone said (maybe even on here). It's all good mouthing off about 'Scottish football needs us' as this point in time when the shit has well and truly hit the fan. It wasn't so long ago, not even 2 years, that the attitude was 'fuck Scottish football, we're going to England, you shite are holding us back' and they were desperate to leave us bottom feeders behind.

But now that they are in total peril, they are all of a sudden regular Florence Nightingales, genuinely concerned about how Scottish football will cope without them? Do me a favour, you don't think that you are so fucking transparent that anyone with half a brain can't see through it?

Any journalist with a set of gonads would be quick to seize upon this fact, but they have to toe the party line, really. They have had such an easy ride through all of this and yet they genuinely think they are being given the sharp end of the stick by the press.

Agree totally. Bit of green. Is this thread the record number of greenies being passed out?