Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From Poppyscotland's Twitter:

"Seem to be some unfounded rumours circulating on twitter tonight. To confirm, Poppyscotland is not a creditor of Rangers FC".

@poppyscotland

Good stuff.

I have just realised the worst thing about this.

If McGregor is released or takes a 75% pay cut, we will be subjected to an almost daily punishment of him and whatever peroxide-dyed, ronseal coloured, STD-ridden munter he is currently winching appearing in the "lifestyle" pages of the red tops.

As despicable as that would have been, the mere suspicion reflects badly on this cowboy outfit. Burn 'em.

I think the mere suspicion, if unfounded and I hope it is unfounded, reflects very badly on whoever started the rumour.

The SPL share changeover between relegated and promoted club is a neccessary mechanism for promotion between two seperated leagues.

It hasn't always been exchanged in seasons like 2002/03 where no relegation imposed by the SPL.

Presumably Gretna forfeited their share and didn't exchange it in 2008.

Were the number of shares expanded from 10 to 12 in 2000?

Does anyone know what the legal mechanism is for the SPL and are they a Ltd?

Oddly enough there are 16 shares

If you knew you had to pull the plug on the life support of a club who had such militant fans, death threats and bullets and bombs through the post being commonplace these days, would you want to be the one to hold the press conference and tell the world you were killing them off without trying to look as if you had done everything in your power to stop it?

Rangers are fcuked, we all know it, but the administrators are making it look like they are trying to save them.

i do get that but they are effectively officers of the court with a completely clear legal mandate to protect creditors. the fact that they have thus far acted in a manner which does not seem to be commensurate with that mandate..and that they have previous business dealings with whyte are at best questionable. if they are really concerned about how they appear to the bigots and trogs ( and really if they were they should not have accepted the job in the first bloody place ) they could always forego their £960000 per months fees...

Fair enough, and perhaps it's simplying the discussion to talk about "after liquidation". What if the transfer happens before a liquidation event? Leeds formed their new company at the end of 2006-07, quickly transferred their Football League and I assume FA memberships, then liquidated?

It's explicitly not a new club in the eyes of the football authorities though.

E.g. in England, Leeds didn't have to come-in down the NLS and didn't have to serve 1 year in the FA Vase before entering the FA Cup.

If it is transferred before liquidation that is a completely different scenario. But given that it is an asset it would have to be transferred by the administrators. So there would have to be a company ready to go with a ground to play on and sufficient financial backing. Leeds was 'an inside job' so to speak. Liquidation of Rangers would make that type of transfer a bit more difficult