Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've got a feeling ...

that at the end of the day there are going to be more than a few very, very disappointed people on here. All these 'tick tock' and 'are they dead yet' posts could just turn out to be a total waste of time and effort. And that's not to mention all the money wasted on ice-cream and popcorn.

:P

Nah pretty sure you are going to die and lose all of your history. 8)

Noticed Andy Goram in the Sun today saying "Any other dressing room would be ripped apart by administration, they'd be fighting with each other..."

Aye Andy, that's exactly how it went with Dundee too. :lol: Still, the saga rolls on and it is pretty shocking to see that Rangers believe that their players, who can actively find new contracts with other clubs, are above the creditors who are waiting for money from Rangers. This whole saga only increases my contempt for their football club. Last season, Celtic were a joke with the referees, this season Rangers have taken the biscuit.

Out of interest, does anyone know if the administrators are actually allowed to just hand over the full whack owed to Dunfermline like that? I appreciate it's the first time in a while they've actually done something tangible, but is it not a little bit unfair on other creditors?

Although nothing in this debacle seems to be going to the normal

form - I am assuming that Dunfermline have been able to prove some sort of "Retention of Title" to the administrators - Most companies have this as a clause when supplying "goods" - It means that the ownership of the "goods" does not pass until the invoice is paid in full.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my assumption.

Noticed Andy Goram in the Sun today saying "Any other dressing room would be ripped apart by administration, they'd be fighting with each other..."

Aye Andy, that's exactly how it went with Dundee too. :lol: Still, the saga rolls on and it is pretty shocking to see that Rangers believe that their players, who can actively find new contracts with other clubs, are above the creditors who are waiting for money from Rangers. This whole saga only increases my contempt for their football club. Last season, Celtic were a joke with the referees, this season Rangers have taken the biscuit.

The only part I disagree with. It appears they have been taking the biscuit for a lot longer than this season.

Get the liquidiser oot, bye bye!

Although Yorkston is making noises about Rangers newco not being allowed into the SPL, this may be a negotiating position.It looks like the 6 man SPL Board has the power to allow the SPL shares to be transferred to a new club. I think that SPL Chairmen will not want to lose the TV deal and jeopardise a new League sponsorship deal.

However, I do not think that this decision will take place in a vacuum and SPL clubs may want other issues such as financial fair play/ penalties, division of TV/sponsorship money, voting arrangements(league size?) also looked at.

There remains another problem for a newco and that is membership of the SFA.

Under SFA Articles of Association, new clubs or associations are required to apply for associate membership first. Only after having been associate members for 5 years are they allowed to become full members. This rule would have to be changed to allow a newly formedclub or association into the SPL or SFL.

Edited by MacWatt

I've got a feeling ...

that at the end of the day there are going to be more than a few very, very disappointed people on here. All these 'tick tock' and 'are they dead yet' posts could just turn out to be a total waste of time and effort. And that's not to mention all the money wasted on ice-cream and popcorn.

:P

Not really, its still hilarious.

The Arsenal shares is my fave whyte lie so far.

Friendlies. Home and Away for the minty moonbeam trophy

Neutral ground somewhere in middle England, teams go all in with their assets, massive pay per view earnings, winner takes all, loser goes bust

Top entertainment surely.

_45580878_jimcintyre_sns300.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

Under SFA Articles of Association, new clubs or associations are required to apply for associate membership first. Only after having been associate members for 5 years are they allowed to become full members. This rule would have to be changed to allow a newly formedclub or association into the SPL or SFL.

That makes Newco buying out an SFL club more likely.

Are we basically saying that Rangers can only basically end up either out of existence altogether or just ticketyboo and carrying on regardless, having released a few players now and signed a whole bunch more better ones in the summer?

Seems to me there's no real basis for them to be relegated to the third division, let alone the first.

Looks that way to me. Worked last year for Dundee right enough.

Administration would suit them just fine. The creditors would have to take xp in the £ from the available funds - which are diminishing by the week. Meanwhile there are consortia sitting in the wings waiting with their cash ready to step into a debt free club ready to spend big signing a new team, maybe even made up of those loyal players who worked on through the present hardship.

Liquidation on the other hand would be bad news which is why they are working hard to avoid it.

I've clocked news about this "glamour" friendly with Portsmouth in order to raise some funds. I said it on Twitter and I'll repeat myself here - A Rangers v Portsmouth friendly to raise money is like having a fireworks display to raise money for the burns unit.

Yorkston just can't stop talking today, what a guy.

Apparently he's sympathetic to rangers' situation but not the individual who caused it.

Which one Yorky? More statements please!

Why is this a problem? Associate membership is not a bar to membership of either league so far as I know. Gretna sere never anything other than associate members were they? Certainly if they were it was only for their final season.