Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

In a footballing sense... and this is afterall a forum whose raison detre is the beautiful game as opposed to say being for bankers... them going into liquidation isn't really the big deal in itself, I'd argue.

The big deal would be what happened next.

What happens to Ibrox and Murray Park.

Is a transfer-of-share attempted, and is so, does it prevail.

Is another club bought-up, or a brand-new club formed.

The difference between administration and liquidation is massive:

Administration

1065625_o.gif

Liquidation

30szus1.gif

My radio works fine, the songs were loud and clear. We all know the bigot brothers of Glasgow thrive on their sectarian roots and since both supports are mainly season ticket holders it should be easy, in this day of Big Brother and CCTV, to identify the culprits and ban them but they don't and they won't. This sectarian stain on society has no place in our civilised country. No wonder most intelligent people can't wait to see this club wither and die and hopefully take the other side of the same coin with it.

Without trying to be too melodramatic this could be the chance to reclaim our national sport back from the hate and bile.

I was in the ground and i know excatly what you heard...You certainly did not hear 90 minutes of sectarian singing..You heard a song.

As for the Big Brother cctv...maybe that is why 700+ supporters have been banned. A boy who sits in front me got a letter warning him about his future conduct for shouting abuse at the referee a few weeks back..Nothing sectarian just a bit loud and they said 'overly aggressive' :rolleyes:

If ibrox is sold, Craig White will be due upto 23,000,000 due to the debenture he bought off lloyds with the ticketus money.

With a part of the stadium listed you couldn't really sell the stadium to build houses!

Part of the conditions for Murraypark was that planning permission would never be granted for turning Murray park into residential development.

Highbury was listed and they worked round that.

Highbury_27crop___Main.jpg

The real reason they can't really sell the stadium to build houses is because it's in Govan

Must be a Hearts fans that does not go to Hearts games :D

Haha I go to the games but I hate the singing of those songs, what's the point? We're not the bigot brothers, we don't need to sing them but much to my disappointment we do. Hopefully if the source of it withers away, the problem might as well but I think it's going to take years if not decades to do it.

I was in the ground and i know excatly what you heard...You certainly did not hear 90 minutes of sectarian singing..You heard a song.

As for the Big Brother cctv...maybe that is why 700+ supporters have been banned. A boy who sits in front me got a letter warning him about his future conduct for shouting abuse at the referee a few weeks back..Nothing sectarian just a bit loud and they said 'overly aggressive' :rolleyes:

Even one song is illegal. Given Rangers have zero tolerance to sectarianism these days, how many season ticket holders and supporters did they ban following this incident?

You're coming across here as so reasonable and balanced that I'm starting to wonder who you really support.

What I genuinely don't get though is why, if you regard the sectarian stuff as "a stain", you go with the avatar you've got.

Now I know fine well that there's nothing inherently sectarian or offensive at all about what you're displaying. Equally though, you'll know that in the context of Scottish (particularly OF) football, such Unionist symbols are loaded with significance.

I'm not attacking you here - I'm genuinely enquiring. Is your support for the team really so wrapped up in such associations? - is your identity as a Rangers fan closely linked to a Unionist perspective? Again, if the answers are yes, then I suppose that's ok, but it is what makes Rangers (perhaps OF) support different from the relationships that we have with our diddy teams.

Lose the symbols, they're not helping with making the progress you'd welcome.

I actually forget where i got that Pic...Facebook i think. Anyway i am a life long Conservative and have always voted for the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party...Yep i know how to make myself popular.. ;) ... I put it there during some chat about Scottish Independence. I haven't paid it that much attention but i think it says someting like 'Strength in Unity'. I honestly never thought about football when choosing it.

Rangers have banned 700+ supporters for Sectarian / Offensive behaviour. I am not sure what number of those are season ticket holders but it would be a sizable amount.

Rangers do operate zero tolerance when it comes to this kind of behaviour and have been doing so for a number of years.

You know what is the funny thing is that its not a minority that is bigots its a majority but fans of Rangers and Celtic do not realise that they are bigots.

Sorry I did mean Administrators and not the club, its means they have time for someone to save the club and its also better for the club as if they survive to end of the season and if they do go into liquidation then there is a possibility of staying in SPL as a new club ie Rangers 2012.

Eh no, if the club is liquidated then the administrators have no role: there is no 'club' to save if your theory comes to pass. As soon as the club is liquidated, the administrators basically divvy up the assets between creditors and exit stage left.

The administrators are meant to be acting in the best interests of creditors. This means that Rangers' assets should be sold and divvied up between them, as there is little chance of a takeover or a credible CVA going through before they get hit with the tax bill.

Only 700+? Why, I stand corrected, the security at Ibrox must be tip top.

You know what is the funny thing is that its not a minority that is bigots its a majority but fans of Rangers and Celtic do not realise that they are bigots.

:huh: So you know better than me if i'm a bigot or not just because of the team i support?

Even one song is illegal. Given Rangers have zero tolerance to sectarianism these days, how many season ticket holders and supporters did they ban following this incident?

I know i am repeating myself here but i agree with you. I said so in the match thread and i said so above..It was fucking madness and i was standing shaking my head in disbelief. I was one of the ones in the Govan rear who shouted down the nutters trying to start up TBB. There is only so much i can do as an individual..I cant stop 35,000 from singing a song. I can let those around me know how i feel though and i do...within reason

Highbury was listed and they worked round that.

Highbury_27crop___Main.jpg

I wondered about that.

Obviously the main stand at Highbury has been preserved - it became expensive flats didn't it?

I'd always thought the old QPFC brick facade at Hampden was listed too, before it got replaced by the glass BT stuff. Am I wrong about the listing or was it somehow bulldozed along with the bricks?

What about Aston Villa too? They replaced their Archibald Leitch stand fairly recently. What was the story there? I'd thought it was listed, but again, I'm maybe wrong. Has some of it been preserved? Is listing completely non-negotiable forever?

Answers anyone?

That is simply not true..How old are you? The worst racist abuse at any British Football Ground was when Mark Walters made his debut for Rangers..It was only slightly worse than the abuse he received the following week at Tynecastle.

Yer fuckin arse !!! I was at St James' Park when Viv Anderson was in his first season at Arsenal . He went to take a corner at the Gallowgate end and was promptly pelted , not only with bananas, but coconuts too! The game was held up for 10 mins till they cleared the stuff and convinced Anderson that it was safe to play on !! That's what I call one of the the worst cases of racist abuse at a British Ground !!

You say that you are a genuine fan of Scottish football yet you fail to see or hear anything that doesn't concern Rangers !! You have proved countless times on P&B how blinkered and one sided all your arguments are !

Sorry , but I am of the opinion that your knuckles are as scarred as the aforementioned Barcelona mob. Once you get together you just can't help yourselves.

What I genuinely don't get though is why, if you regard the sectarian stuff as "a stain", you go with the avatar you've got.

Now I know fine well that there's nothing inherently sectarian or offensive at all about what you're displaying. Equally though, you'll know that in the context of Scottish (particularly OF) football, such Unionist symbols are loaded with significance.

I'm not attacking you here - I'm genuinely enquiring. Is your support for the team really so wrapped up in such associations? - is your identity as a Rangers fan closely linked to a Unionist perspective? Again, if the answers are yes, then I suppose that's ok, but it is what makes Rangers (perhaps OF) support different from the relationships that we have with our diddy teams.

Lose the symbols, they're not helping with making the progress you'd welcome.

But don't forget they are the quintessential tax dodging british club ;)

I don't agree with that. A tiny minority are bigots but there is a huge number who call themself '90 minute bigots' and these are the ones i find most irritating. Perfectly normal well balanced individuals who enter a football stadium and become transformed into a raging bigots..I just don't get it and i never have.

I know i am repeating myself here but i agree with you. I said so in the match thread and i said so above..It was fucking madness and i was standing shaking my head in disbelief. I was one of the ones in the Govan rear who shouted down the nutters trying to start up TBB. There is only so much i can do as an individual..I cant stop 35,000 from singing a song. I can let those around me know how i feel though and i do...within reason

I appreciate what you're saying but surely the fact that Rangers have 35000 guilty parties to choose from and they have banned nobody shows that they don't have a zero tolerance policy. It's more of a token gesture policy.

I think only the facade was listed, and the inside could be reworked providing the outside was left alone.

It is only the facade at Ibrox. This is why The Club Deck was so expensive as we had to keep the outside of the Main Stand as it was when building it

35,000 singing the songs and only 700+ banned over the years? That suggests that the club isn't really doing a lot about it. Rangers are not alone though as Celtic don't try to control the "Green Brigade" who generally let the honest football fans down at Parkhead. We need to bring in stronger penalties to encourage clubs (not just the big two) to get this nipped in the bud. Unfortunately it seems like you are in the minority at Ibrox trying to shout these idiots down.