Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Just had a text from a mate in the midlands suggesting Uncle Walter turned down the Wolves job due to him potentially being in the sh*t over thre EBTs - anyone else heard this?

Pinch of salt required too of course - mate supports Wolves and the other half of the Glasgow divide...

Rangers remind me of the time I woke up to find a wee bird on my lawn which had been attacked by a cat or a bigger bird.

It was just lying there in a mess waiting to die until I whacked it with a spade.

:lol:

Has anyone asked Walter if he used EBT's?

Probably all the big earners at the club used it including coaches Players and board members so there's a good chance he did , which begs the question why is no one questioning ex players etx whom may have used it ?

Surely they would have been aware of it even if they didn't understand it ignorance is no defence, if my work said to me I wouldnt have to pay tax because of a scheme they were going into ,,,I'd be,,,eh hod on a minute.

The biggest joke is the ex board members mock outrage at whyte ,,

Remember when whyte first agreed a deal with Murray he stipulated that it was on the basis that the entire board resign, then these same board members blocked his takeover until,,surprise surprise he told them they could keep their jobs,

The same ex board members who where there while he flogged off the catering and the shares, some of these ex board members where there when Murray opted for the ebt scheme where there when he flogged of there rangers shops for cash up front(ala Craig whyte style)

Now there horrified :rolleyes:

Probably all the big earners at the club used it including coaches Players and board members so there's a good chance he did , which begs the question why is no one questioning ex players etx whom may have used it ?

Because they don't want have have never wanted to, Whyte has been a smokescreen way to the same outcome for Rangers, while trying to minimise damager to previous people involved in Rangers miss management...it's in the public domain now, the SUN even printed a side contract today

I thought everyone knew that. It was the Dutch mob, the De Boers especially, who were involved. They couldn't possibly afford them on any other terms. 50% tax halves your salary obviously. Or doubles it if you don't pay. My mate is an adviser to a few players and he always told the guys to avoid EBT's.

On another note, do you think Whyte thought he was paying 2 years of 50% tax up front when he bought the club for a pound?

Well yes, but the suggestion that HMRC might have hold of some of this evidence is what makes it so interesting. Unless we were all assuming the big tax case had been won by the revenue anyway, although I certainly wasn't.

Quote from that article.

Stars with high values such as Allan McGregor, Steve Davis, Steven Naismith, Lee Wallace, Kyle Lafferty and Steven Whittaker will be safe.

High values? Kyle Lafferty? Who on earth would pay money for him? He's f**king shite.

Edited by MattBairn

Surely they would have been aware of it even if they didn't understand it ignorance is no defence, if my work said to me I wouldnt have to pay tax because of a scheme they were going into ,,,I'd be,,,eh hod on a minute.

It is amusing to consider that their "legends" who brought them all that success during the boom years are complicit in their ruination. :D

Rangers remind me of the time I woke up to find a wee bird on my lawn which had been attacked by a cat or a bigger bird.

It was just lying there in a mess waiting to die until I whacked it with a spade.

:lol:

Laughing far too much at this. :ph34r:

Sunday Herald story

Walter Smith : Rangers need an Abramovich, but won't die

containing the choice quote:

He's adamant there's no chance of Gers dying but he admits: "They look as though they need a Roman Abramovich.

"Unfortunately I'm not an Abramovich. I don't have that kind of money — if I did, Rangers are the team that would benefit from it.

"It's obvious to anyone from the outside it's going to take a lot to get Rangers back on an even keel. It will happen.

"There's no way they'll drop down a level. There isn't a doubt, that's a CERTAINTY.

"Once everything's settled I'm sure that with the goodwill of everybody that supports Rangers, then they will recover."

Rangers stars fear cull after ICT game :bairn

Sally contemplates not being in Europe for the first time in 32 years :lol:

Aww, what a hero is Walter.

Surprised he can't put his hands on the cash, after al he received a few honourable mentions in the Tom Bower book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broken-Dreams-Souring-British-Football/dp/0743440331

If I remember Willie Mackay (Walter's old pal) was a recurring theme throughout that book.

Some might say that liquidation is the best chance of finding out the reality of what goes on at large clubs. Otherwise it just gets stuffed under the carpet again if bought out of administration. Another good reason for HMRC to push their debt through to liquidation so they can 'follow the money'. And as they have already said, if they lose this current tribunal they will appeal.

Aww, what a hero is Walter.

Surprised he can't put his hands on the cash, after al he received a few honourable mentions in the Tom Bower book http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/0743440331

If I remember Willie Mackay (Walter's old pal) was a recurring theme throughout that book.

Some might say that liquidation is the best chance of finding out the reality of what goes on at large clubs. Otherwise it just gets stuffed under the carpet again if bought out of administration. Another good reason for HMRC to push their debt through to liquidation so they can 'follow the money'. And as they have already said, if they lose this current tribunal they will appeal.

Actually it was the Whyte camp who said HMRC would "appeal, appeal, appeal" - and we know how trustworthy they are. I have no knowledge of HMRC's intentions but there is no automatic right to an appeal and any appeal can only be made on a point of law.

Actually it was the Whyte camp who said HMRC would "appeal, appeal, appeal" - and we know how trustworthy they are. I have no knowledge of HMRC's intentions but there is no automatic right to an appeal and any appeal can only be made on a point of law.

Rangers fan questioning ANYONE'S honesty !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find it funny that the BBC pundits use this speel about how Rangers going into Administration would be very sad because the poor wee ordinary people will lose their jobs. Now anyone who faces losing their jobs know who to blame.

To say that we must save Rangers because old Bettie the tea lady or Mick the sweeper faces the sack is insane. This club just last week tried to sign Daniel Cousin on 7k a week. Yes it is sad that people will have to lose their jobs. But by that logic then no team should get relegated because it will result in job losses and damage to the local economy should the club drop down a league.

With a name like that he'd be the first out the door....

Didn't Vlad/Hearts come out with some crazy idea last year about the SPL title being decided by a knockout comp? I'm sure it was something like the top 6 play each other in a wee tourney to decide the Champions. I bet Rangers would take that idea now.

I think a couple of people (Michael Johnstone and Stephen Thompson) also suggested Title Play-offs... with media rumour including Semi-Finals (1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd), and First Round then Semi-Finals (3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th, with 1st and 2nd getting byes), as possible options.

It was really a negotiating/blocking ploy though. It was never formally tabled as 'the Doncaster Plan' or even 14-team option was.

Tomorrow's exclusive's

Scottish Sun "Craig Whyte is Neil Lennon's long-lost brother"

Daily Record " Whyte sells Ibrox naming rights to Celtic"

Daily Telegraph ' "My night of passion with Kyle Lafferty and Billy Dodds" a Craig Whyte exclusive' P2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8.