Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

There's a lot of very interesting stuff in the SPL rulebook, some of which may come into play over the coming weeks. Some people have rubbished the idea of a prize money advance - I'm not so confident that it couldn't happen.

That you trying to be funny and failing miserably again, princess?

It's called an observation, bitter boy. Mind you, if anyone knows about being miserable, it's you. Away you go to a funeral and cheer yourself up.

Having never seen HJ, I'll have to take you at your word on that.

Was going on character. They appear to have identical attitudes.

Oddly, when I see a HJ post I read it with the narration of Sheldon in my head.

Spot on. It must just be a Saints thing though.

Edited by 7-2

I think that the only thing that the administrator is doing is desperately hunting for Mr Whyte's money. They must be searching for this £33M or whatever he promised, as there is no way they can continue as is. He is obviously a liar/fraudster(allegedly) so there will be no money in rangers accounts.

I think it is an all or nothing game they are playing, they are hoping that they can find a stash of cash to get to the end of the season and if not , liquidation. No need to get rid of players when they will be shut soon enough, and those players will be gone.

Maybe wishful thinking..biggrin.gif , but I believe.

I think that the only thing that the administrator is doing is desperately hunting for Mr Whyte's money. They must be searching for this £33M or whatever he promised, as there is no way they can continue as is. He is obviously a liar/fraudster(allegedly) so there will be no money in rangers accounts.

I think it is an all or nothing game they are playing, they are hoping that they can find a stash of cash to get to the end of the season and if not , liquidation. No need to get rid of players when they will be shut soon enough, and those players will be gone.

Maybe wishful thinking..biggrin.gif , but I believe.

I agree with this, they're clearly running on empty and scouting for some cash to keep going. Hence the plea to fans last week to spend, spend, spend. I notice that Super Ally was saying last week that he was grateful that he hadn't been asked for a list of names for possible redundancy. This just makes me think that the Admins know that everyone is going to have to go, so what's the point. Plenty of commentators seem to be in agreement that there is no money to pay March's salaries.

Edited by limey

It's my understanding that where teams need an overnight stay the cost is claimed from the gate money under SFA/SPL rules.

The Administrators can ok costs which are essential to ensure the business remains as a going concern. So travel to away games and if need be accommodation would be all right.

That is why the police required confirmation that their bill would be treated on that basis and therefore paid in preference to those who supply the tea bags or toilet rolls. Just a formal process from the police to make sure they will get their money quickly and not drop to the bottom of the list (which we have yet to see).

Which makes the hanging on to 300 staff all the more curious

From Burness (lawyers) web site

"The first fourteen days of an administration will be critical for Rangers' employees as, if administrators do not terminate their employment during that period, any wages and salary accrued after the fourteen days rank highly in the administration and are more likely to be paid. The practical implication of this rule is that it may be the players on the highest salaries that are most likely to have their contract terminated before expiry of the fourteen days. "

Edited by thelegendthatis

I noticed a few pages back someone suggested the SPL might pay out TV revenue early to Rangers to help them out (I seem to remember Gretna receiving something similar?) . However, was wondering who long other SPL clubs owed money might wait before going to the SPL and getting there money back that way as set out in the SPL rules?

Lots of hints on Twitter about Whyte stories in the press tomorrow. Might want to stock up on the popcorn, people.

Whereabouts?! I was so disappointed to get in from work tonight and find no developments or even decent rumours to speak of.

Graham Spiers saying he's going to put something in the Sunday Herald. The Sun On Sunday will need something big for a first edition. Expect massive coverage of Rangers-gate. I hope they utilised various phone hacks, and other unethical practices to come up with a corker of a story :D

Edited by jay_7

Whereabouts?! I was so disappointed to get in from work tonight and find no developments or even decent rumours to speak of.

Getting some of it from @PackieBonnerCSC retweets. Something about some of his other companies/european interests/people accompanying him to games. Another quote about 'this stuff is going to drag Scottish football down to banana republic levels'.

Something from @Etiims saying T'he end is very nigh. MAJOR development at Ibrox TODAY that takes current admin worries into a new sphere. No wind up - BIG NEWS'

Edited by limey