Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Dunno if posted earlier, Kyle larffarty out for another 6 weeks. May be a smidgin of truth in the whole burnley due dosh for 100 games. Don't think he'll play again this season and be papped oot the door at the earliest convenience.

This is actually a non story in the whole thing - it happens all the time, even with clubs not in admin.

For example, Rangers stopped playing Michael Ball some years ago for exactly the same reason.

An Ibrox Farce – A Guest Post by Brogan, Rogan, Trevino & Hogan

I love words like “unwound” and “unknotted” and so on.

So let me simplfy this just a wee bitty.

Craig Whyte stands tonight as a secured Creditor for say £23Million– that’s the £18M Paid to Lloyds and another £5M for the sake of the buggeration factor.

Now let’s say– and it is eminently possible given his track record,– that he has made a cod of the security. So presume for a moment he says, OK, I am not secured.

But I am still owed £23Million cause I paid off Lloyds.

“Oh No you didn’t” says AJ–” you never invested a penny.”

“Oh Yes I did” says Craigie Baby—” I just punted a few seats after I got hold of Rangers, and I personally secured that sale to Ticketus.”

“I might have set it up before I secured Rangers, but I only drew down the money after I had control of Rangers– albeit within a few seconds— but the seats were mine to sell– just the same as they were yours to sell when you were in charge AJ.”

“Too damn righty ( we think ) says Ticketus! WE bought those seats from Whitey here— or if we didn’t then we bought them from someone, and at the end of the day our money paid off your debt AJ. So either you owe the money to Whitey or you owe it to us. Of course if you let us sell the tickets then you don’t owe us squat.— Do you get that? Squat?Seats? ah well”

“AH but we can’t afford to let you sell the tickets because we will go bust” screams AJ

” Right enough” says ticketus ” so we will just sell tickets to see whoever is playing at Ibrox anyway.” says Ticketus

“Eh, you might not be able to do that” says Duffus and Fuddus ( might copywright that one actually )

“Why?” says Ticketus and Whytey together

” Because, if Rangers are Liquidated and Whytey accepts he is not secured, then we might sell Ibrox to someone else in a new Company!”

“Well Secured or unsecured, I am still owed £25Million” says Whytey— “give me 40p in the pound and I will feck off to Costa Rica”

“Your arse and Parsely” shout everyone else.

Whytey rolls both eyes in different directions and mutters something in what appears to be Swahili!

“If you give him any money, then he has to pay it to me” say Ticketus ” In fact we might bankrupt him anyway cause we have a personal guarantee!”

” Not from me!” says Whytey

“What?” say Ticketus

” You don’t have a personal guarantee from me” Whytey replied

“Here it is here” say Ticketus

” Not mine” says Whytey ” Wrong name and date of birth and everything– look check my Passport!” Whytey reveals that he is a citizen of Liberia!!

Ticketus is stunned.

“Anyway ” says Whytey ” Not only do I have a claim- secured or unsecured– on the stadium and Murray park– I also own several players!”

“What?????” says Fuddus and Duffus

” I own several players” says Whytey “They are contracted to me, and so when they are sold on I get the dough– and not you!”

“Well why did we pay their wages then? say Fud & Duff

” Because, you are Fud and Duff” says Whytey ” WE knew that you would make a Cod of it, so we can claim your PI Insurance so as to get some money in the kitty– didn’t we Hector?”

A small man– a smiley man not unlike THE George Smiley man says ” Yes, I’m afraid that is true. You were appointed because of your reputation for incompetence and because you have a nice big shiney insurance policy that we can sink our teeth into” says Hector.

” But what have we ever done to you to desrve this?” say Fuddus and Duffus

” Nothing at all” Replied Hector/George with a gentle voice and a far away stare ” But you are insured with Lloyds are you not? And they deserve a right kick in the Nakas– if you pardon such Vulgarity. I am looking forward to claiming a few quid off them!”

AJ guffaws at this

” Mind you” says George/Hector ” That will not stop me from Liquidating the company when the big tax case comes in anyway– and after that I am suing all of the Directors for wrongful trading anyway– regrettably that includes you Alastair so I would save your mirth with respect!”

“Are you going to let him het away with this?” Shout Alastiar, Whytey and Ticketus altogether looking at Fuddus and Duffus.

” Perhaps I can help?” says a voice from the back of the room

” And you are?” enquires George/Hector

” I am Dave King!”

” Are you now?” Hector/George looks at Dave and says ” Yes, you can help enormously! Go and get us all a nice cup of tea and some buscuits… and try just for once not to get into any trouble whilst doing that.. eh?”

Dave looks crestfallen and leaves the room.

” Now ” says George ” The way I see it, is that secured or unsecured, on Paper Whytey is owed £25Million.. yes?”

There is a general nod– apart from AJ who has vowed never to nod again.

“Good. And I am owed £15Million and rising as we stand today” says Hector/George cleaning his glasses. Again there is a nod– apart from AJ who starts to whistly dixie ever so gently.

“So allowing for nobody else other than me and Whytey— You ( refering to Duffus and Fuddus ) have to come up with at least £38Million… Yes?”

Duffus and Fuddus nod, Whytey shouts ” Gawn Yersel Hector!”, Ticketus say nothing and AJ tries standing on his head just for the sake of it.

” Now, do you have £38Million?”

“No” says Duffus “Maybe” says Fuddus

” Please explain Mr Fuddus”

“Well if we and ticketus were to sell all the tickets over the next 3 years– we could get £38Million”

” Yea but I have already paid for my tickets, and so what ever I sell them for is my business– I have to make a profit!” Yells Ticketus

” So you do, Ticketus– and you will pay the taxes on that profit to me won’t you?” says Hector George

“Of course” says Ticketus

” But you see, i want all of the money” says Smiley ” Not just the taxable bit

” And where Do I come in?” says Whytey

” Oh, you can go and collect the money saved up by the Vanguard Bears and bring it to me”

” Your kiddng? They will kill me!” Screams Whytey

” Precisely” says Hector/George ” You are a Billionaire are you not?”

” Absolutely” says Whytey puffing out his chest ” I have assets all over the world and interests in many many businesses that I do not disclose”

” Absolutely. And so on your demise, you will be good for some inheritance tax– will you not?

” Eh no” says Whytey smugly ” It is all tied up in off shore trusts in tax havens where you cannot get your hands on it”

” And prey do tell who told you that Whytey?”

” Eh.. Sir David Murray…he organised it for me……”

” Do you undertsand why I am here at all Whytey and what lead to all of this? Sir David is a lunatic and so you cannot accept what he says at all Whytey. I am afraid your trust funds are gone”

Whytey starts packing a bag because he is not getting a good vibe!

” Look all I know, is that Sir David said that I could buy Rangers for a quid.. and that it would all go smoothly with a nod and a wink”

” I never Nod” says AJ ” and I don’t wink, and I don’t walk away either… i was in the Boys Brigade”

” Ah the old brigade?” says Duffus wistfully

” Your not allowed to say that in Scotland so shhhhh!”

The door opens and a group of men walk in. One says

” I have an idea, why don’t we unravel this whole thing?”

” Are you Irish? ” asks Hector/George

” English” comes the reply

” You sound Irish”

” I am Irish”

“You just said you were English!”

” I am Irish, but my name is English, and I write for the Scotsman!”

“Which Scotsman? Where is he?”

” The Newspaper!”

” Well this is all very confusing. Where do you pay your taxes?”

” We are not here about my Taxes– we are here about Rangers- the fans have a right to know”

” Ok.. and who are these people?”

” This is Chic Young” says English in an Irish accent

” It’s Chico time” shouts Whytey and then ” Oh.. I am not talking to you! I am only talking to Tom and Jabba”

“Jabba?” asks Hector/George

” He means me” says a fat man at the back ” I am Jim Traynor from the Daily Record”

” And who is the small chap with you?” asks George

” I am with the BBC, my name is Mark Daly ”

” So we have Irish English Scotsman, Jabba Daily Record, Daly BBC and…..?”

” I am Spiersy… I’m freelance!”

” My dear boy, John Inman delivered that line far better, and nobody calls me Lance unless it is in one of those clubs in Edinburgh– you know the ones– down by the Bridges with the late night entry and after I have stopped being Hector for the day! . Nice scarf by the way and I do like the chords. I DO so like a nice trousered gentleman”

The assorted Press just look at one another.

” Are Rangers going bust?” asks Chic

” No” says AJ, Ticketus, Whytey, Duffus and Fuddus

” Yes” says Hector quietly

” But, I have a rescue plan” says Chic to everyone’s astonishment!

” Well let’s hear it then” shouts Whytey

” Look St Mirrin is for sale for £2m. Just buy them and their licence, they are in the SPL, change their name to Rangers 1872 Ltd and Bob’s your Aunty. Sell St Mirrin park for another Tesco or Sainsbury– that will get about £70Million– give it to Hector, Ticketus can then sell the seats, sue Duffus and Fuddus and get a few quid off Lloyds— come on Fuddus and Duffus you guys don’t pay the money anyway, let the bears kill Whytey so Hector gets the inheritence tax–Sorry Whytey but you are a fanny, and seen as we signed Mo Johnstone twenty years ago– sign Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, sell the TV rights to Spain and Argentina and just watch the cash roll in …………. and we will all write it up as if it is the greatest come back since Lazarus. Apart from tell tale Mark.here .. but he won’t say anything because scoop Guidi has the photos of him, Jackie Bird and Shereen Nanjani in the sound recording booth at the BBC night out Last Christmas complete with mini handcuffs on his winkie, which big Jackie always said she would give me back by the way…. oh and I want my season tickets for nothing for the next ten years…!”

There is a stunned silence while evryone ponders this suggestion. Hector/ George starts to nod, as do all the rest with smiles on their faces.. apart from Whytey who is busy trying to figure out how he can fake his own death… something he sees as a challenge.

Then

A small fat man wearing a sweatshirt with the initials AMcC walks into the silent room and stares from one to the other. It is George/Hector who breaks the silence

” Well……… OK……. but we will have to sack this fanny to make sure we get some dough in the door…………………….

care to elaborate?

This saga is now entering the boring phase, either through lack of hard detail or a plethora of irrelevant and distracting stories.

Typical is the "Ally says we are not going ahead with the signing of Cousin". He knew it, I knew it, my granny knew it from the start. This was never going to happen and merely a distraction.

Administrators getting 2 people out the door so far. Yes only 2. Why are they holding on to the full squad? Plus loads of support staff in ticket office, PR - why are they still needed? Creditors must be asking why are you forking out money for players and staff who are not needed this season? Must be the most slow motion administration ever. Why???

Who is owed money? Forget HMRC, they will fight their own corner. But all the rest. The small companies scammed by Rangers who will probably be looking at laying off some of their own staff?

Before anything solid is happening, we have a Dave King photo opportunity with Ally - setup or what? Ellis being a nice guy and feeling guilty, but not too guilty. Paul Murray having meetings with the administrator. Are they talking about facts or just possibilities. All totally inconsequential until facts are known. But hell it keeps the idiots at the Record and Sun busy trying to make stories from all this nonsense.

This is a company which has stolen £80 million plus of OUR money. Action should be happening and be seen to be happening.

So beware the fluff and nonsense. Hateley (do anything for a few quid), Gough (Scotland career cut short) giving it big licks. Fills the tabloids though.

Essential to keep following the money. Not just in Whyte's time but the 10 years before as well. Thank God for the 2 blogs which keep the story on track.

The Rangers story must be told in its entirety.

Let's wait and see what the tribunal says, for a start.

This saga is now entering the boring phase, either through lack of hard detail or a plethora of irrelevant and distracting stories.

Typical is the "Ally says we are not going ahead with the signing of Cousin". He knew it, I knew it, my granny knew it from the start. This was never going to happen and merely a distraction.

Administrators getting 2 people out the door so far. Yes only 2. Why are they holding on to the full squad? Plus loads of support staff in ticket office, PR - why are they still needed? Creditors must be asking why are you forking out money for players and staff who are not needed this season? Must be the most slow motion administration ever. Why???

Who is owed money? Forget HMRC, they will fight their own corner. But all the rest. The small companies scammed by Rangers who will probably be looking at laying off some of their own staff?

Before anything solid is happening, we have a Dave King photo opportunity with Ally - setup or what? Ellis being a nice guy and feeling guilty, but not too guilty. Paul Murray having meetings with the administrator. Are they talking about facts or just possibilities. All totally inconsequential until facts are known. But hell it keeps the idiots at the Record and Sun busy trying to make stories from all this nonsense.

This is a company which has stolen £80 million plus of OUR money. Action should be happening and be seen to be happening.

So beware the fluff and nonsense. Hateley (do anything for a few quid), Gough (Scotland career cut short) giving it big licks. Fills the tabloids though.

Essential to keep following the money. Not just in Whyte's time but the 10 years before as well. Thank God for the 2 blogs which keep the story on track.

The Rangers story must be told in its entirety.

did the south African tax authority ever get the millions he(king) owed them?

didnt he have to sell off a vineyard .

rangers investors = tax dodgers it seems.

Interesting point, Rangers are insolvent.

Any other business would have been wound up by now, they have what, £3.5 million outgoings every month and nothing coming in, running costs are paid by us, our tax money.

Wonder why?

Just read through the last 30 pages of this thread. I agree with the statements regarding the financial cost of Rangers dying. Any club that has their future tied into the continuation of Rangers deserves all they get. I include my own team in that.

If Rangers were to be allowed back into the SPL under a new guise, that would be me done with SPL football. If Dunfermline voted for it, I'd probably have to stop supporting the Pars as well.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Listening to Hugh Keevins discussing the subject on Clyde1 there. His stance is of a typical snivelling OF apologist - fans of other clubs would be left disappointed with fewer visits from Rangers.

I'm fairly sure the stats would show otherwise, certainly from my club's perspective, and anecdotal chat on here.

I was talking about this very thing last night in my local with a Rangers "fan", you know the type that know absolutely everything(nothing) about Scottish football without ever attending a game, whilst also taking the piss out of me for supporting a shite team.

He was dumbfounded when I kept saying I hope Rangers die, he actually couldn`t bring himself to believe this is what fans of other clubs think. What about the money the Rangers fans bring? What about the TV deal? It`ll be just like the Irish league, etc. Well here`s some news, it already is like the Irish league you fucking halfwit! Oh and it`s clubs like fucking Rangers that don`t pay up, will United go to the wall because they won`t receive £100k which they are due? I seriously doubt it. United have been cutting back reasonably successfully for quite a few years now, pity Rangers couldn`t be bothered doing the same.

The only people in Scotland that need Rangers are their own fans, Celtic & most importantly the (west coast in the main) media. People like Keevins would be forced to talk about football for a change, shock fucking horror eh!

I really hope these b*****ds go to the wall and don`t ever return, then the rest of us can concentrate on getting rid of that other shower in the east end of Glasgow. DIE FUCKING DIE!

If Rangers were to be allowed back into the SPL under a new guise, that would be me done with SPL football. If Dunfermline voted for it, I'd probably have to stop supporting the Pars as well.

The SFA have stepped in and spoken about the dealings at Rangers. What about the SPL? Have I missed anything?

1330164459[/url]' post='6000614']

Just read through the last 30 pages of this thread. I agree with the statements regarding the financial cost of Rangers dying. Any club that has their future tied into the continuation of Rangers deserves all they get. I include my own team in that.

My thoughts exactly. If i was to find out that the Pars opted for the easy option with Rangers then i'd be looking at not taking up my season tocket next year. Its already a shambles for any supporter of a non OF team due to complete lack of competition but this would just finish the league completely.

I was talking about this very thing last night in my local with a Rangers "fan", you know the type that know absolutely everything(nothing) about Scottish football without ever attending a game, whilst also taking the piss out of me for supporting a shite team...

..I really hope these b*****ds go to the wall and don`t ever return, then the rest of us can concentrate on getting rid of that other shower in the east end of Glasgow. DIE FUCKING DIE!

Well said. Great post!

I was talking about this very thing last night in my local with a Rangers "fan", you know the type that know absolutely everything(nothing) about Scottish football without ever attending a game, whilst also taking the piss out of me for supporting a shite team.

He was dumbfounded when I kept saying I hope Rangers die, he actually couldn`t bring himself to believe this is what fans of other clubs think. What about the money the Rangers fans bring? What about the TV deal? It`ll be just like the Irish league, etc. Well here`s some news, it already is like the Irish league you fucking halfwit! Oh and it`s clubs like fucking Rangers that don`t pay up, will United go to the wall because they won`t receive £100k which they are due? I seriously doubt it. United have been cutting back reasonably successfully for quite a few years now, pity Rangers couldn`t be bothered doing the same.

The only people in Scotland that need Rangers are their own fans, Celtic & most importantly the (west coast in the main) media. People like Keevins would be forced to talk about football for a change, shock fucking horror eh!

I really hope these b*****ds go to the wall and don`t ever return, then the rest of us can concentrate on getting rid of that other shower in the east end of Glasgow. DIE FUCKING DIE!

This.

My favourite post of the entire thread.

Well fuckin said :thumsup2

You are running current;ly on our money, the administrators are increasing the debt :D

This is what puzzles me. As far as I can see, Rangers have got rid of 4 staff members, Bartley and McKay and Smith and Russell, since the start of admin. All 4 would be due their wages to the end of Februrary 2012 you would imagine. So Rangers administrators have possibly done nothing to reduce February's wage liability but I'll wait for this to be confirmed before I start stating this as a fact!

Rangers with Whyte in charge were put into administration because they were not paying the PAYE and NI liability on staff monthly wages. The administrators are now in charge and could pay February salarys in full to all staff. Will the administrators pay PAYE and NIC liability to HMRC for February 2012 staff wages, I can't wait to find out if they do sometime in March!

I think this would be unbelievable if it were true. How could a company be put into admin for not paying their taxes and continue to operate as normal but continue to not pay their taxes, I hope this doesn't happen but we will find out in time!? This would be just fucking disgusting and I'd cry if it were true. :(

First post on this thread! 8)

Edited by LovaMan Bairn

February's PAYE and NIC isn't due yet. I don't know what the administrators intend to do about it and I don't know how anyone else would know for sure - as far as I'm aware the administrators have made no statement about it. Nor do I know what HMRC's position would be or what they have been discussing with the administrators.