Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I suppose Hearts would also potentially lose out big time were that to happen, given that the next payment for Wallace isn't due until July. I suppose outstanding debts to Dunfermline and United could be paid off just now, but the rest of the prizemoney given to rangers may well have disappeared into the ibrox vacuum before Hearts are due anything.

I have said this before and will say it again, IF Rangers go into liquidation the SPL will need to treat them the same way they would treat Hibs or ICT. There should be no special dispensation. IF they are liquidated the clubs assets will be sold off too whoever and not necssarliy to the same people. It may well be the case that Rangers could lose Ibrox and Murry Park. They will no longer have 40k odd fans to draw on. They will be as good as some 3rd Division club and should be invited to play there.

IF the NewRangers FC manages to buy the assets (stadium, training park et al) and apply to the SPL then the SPL should take the chance to restructure the entire SPL, to say 16 or 18 team league, the SFL can expand the 1st and 2nd division, below that there should be some sort regional league which would include Highland/ junior teams if they so choose to join.

The sad old fat football pundits with memories of succulent lamb can not see or get their head round the future of Scottish football; which is less money, smaller TV deal. All the worry about it is “The rest of the world wont talk about us if the Old Firm are not kicking lumps out of each other” Who gives a toss about the rest of the world? Get our leagues sorted out, make them exciting and focus on our own audience. Clubs needs to reconnect with the local populace, we need a much more organic growth. Ego of chairman, TV greed has wrecked all that. We now have a chance to build for the future, lets do it.

Assuming no further points penalties :D

They forwarded Gretna both years of their parachute payment, then pursued the 2nd year's worth as a creditor. Board can forward monies if desired.

Either way SPL fans (and sponsors as per the Aberdeen fan above) should be making it clear to their club that they will not tolerate re-writing the rule book for New Rangers. At the end of the day the only thing football chairmen care about is money. We need to make it clear that clubs WILL suffer if they let Rangers back in just because they're Rangers. Rules are rules.

Remember it wouldn't be rewriting the rulebook in a transfer-of-share scenario, but I understand what you're driving at.

Had a good old chuckle to myseldf driving into work this morning listening to the radio.

After it was announced Gordon Smith & Ali Russel had both been made redundant by Rangers, A spokseman for Rangers fans urged " All Scottish clubs to be more responsible with their spending in future,to avoid such a similar incident happening again"

Which rougly translates into... " After being a bunch of lying,cheating b*****ds for years, buying players we simply couldnt afford, in order to win trophy's we wouldnt have won otherwise,since we're now fucking skint and cant afford a pot to piss in,please dont go buying players to strengthen your own squads just in case we cant compete" .

Get yourself right to f**k ya skanky b*****ds

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Football boycotts are difficult to organise and hard to see through to a successful conclusion. In the transfer-of-share scenario I can see the SPL clubs taking the short term hit and protest, and will bank on it simply fizzling out as a new season gets underway.

If that's allowed to happen, though, it will be a major scandal.

I have said this before and will say it again, IF Rangers go into liquidation the SPL will need to treat them the same way they would treat Hibs or ICT. There should be no special dispensation. IF they are liquidated the clubs assets will be sold off too whoever and not necssarliy to the same people. It may well be the case that Rangers could lose Ibrox and Murry Park. They will no longer have 40k odd fans to draw on. They will be as good as some 3rd Division club and should be invited to play there.

IF the NewRangers FC manages to buy the assets (stadium, training park et al) and apply to the SPL then the SPL should take the chance to restructure the entire SPL, to say 16 or 18 team league, the SFL can expand the 1st and 2nd division, below that there should be some sort regional league which would include Highland/ junior teams if they so choose to join.

The sad old fat football pundits with memories of succulent lamb can not see or get their head round the future of Scottish football; which is less money, smaller TV deal. All the worry about it is “The rest of the world wont talk about us if the Old Firm are not kicking lumps out of each other” Who gives a toss about the rest of the world? Get our leagues sorted out, make them exciting and focus on our own audience. Clubs needs to reconnect with the local populace, we need a much more organic growth. Ego of chairman, TV greed has wrecked all that. We now have a chance to build for the future, lets do it.

I don't know what you do for a living mate, but you should be asked to take over from Neil Doncaster tomorrow.

Hateley's take on the situation :lol:

http://blogs.dailyre...Mark+Hateley%29

CONGRATULATIONS, Celtic. This year's title is yours and even though I believe it's tainted that's none of your concern.

It's not Celtic's fault Rangers have ended up in a mess of their own making.

So Neil Lennon and his players have every right to milk the moment from here on in until the medals are passed around in May.

The club's supporters are also entitled to enjoy the rest of the cakewalk.

I'd prefer just to leave them to it. Congratulate them and move on. I just wish they had the good grace to do likewise as my club attempts to battle for its very existence and good people are worried sick about their jobs.

I find the tone that has been set by the men at the top at Celtic Park in recent days and weeks has been ill-judged at best and, at worst, deliberately inflammatory.

Let's be honest here, Rangers are lying in the gutter, bleeding badly. There is no need for the likes of Lennon and Peter Lawwell to continue to sink the boot in when our wounds

have been self-inflicted.

I would hope Rangers, as a football club, would conduct themselves with a bit more class if the shoe was on the other foot. In fact, I'm sure they would.

Calling for Rangers to be stripped of titles? Political manipulating and manoeuvring in order to make sure no mercy is shown should their rivals get back on their feet?

All this crass stuff about celebrating the death of Rangers with bowls of jelly and ice cream? Is that really necessary? It smacks of the behaviour of people who hate Rangers more than they love their own club. It reflects very badly on them all.

No one expects Celtic to shed a tear over the state Rangers have got themselves into.

But, even so, there is a venom about their recent reaction which has shocked me and should embarrass the more level-headed, decent people at Parkhead. I hope it does at any rate.

It saddens me that these extreme times seem to bring out the worst in supporters on both sides of Glasgow.

I include Rangers supporters in that because last week, when they were all hurting so badly, some of them chose to bring further shame on Ibrox by singing the kind of songs that have been making us cringe for so long. Thanks for that lads. Just what the club needed in a time of crisis.

As much as I would prefer for Celtic to concentrate on enjoying their success, I would also hope Rangers and their fans can act with dignity and decorum as they fight to get through this, one of the most horrible periods in the club's 140-year history.

These are the qualities the club was built on and these same qualities have never been more important than they are right now.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say how the Rangers support acts at this crucial juncture may decide the very fate of their club.

It's time for them to think smart. Singing stupid songs of defiance is hardly what's needed now. They have to take a step back from all that nonsense and attempt to get a clear view of the bigger picture.

It's not about mindless bravado, it's about making the right choices and ensuring the club they love is around another 140 years from now.

There is no shame in being duped. Let's be honest, it happens to us all.

But what's the old saying? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

They should have those words engraved on the front doors of Ibrox as a permanent reminder and a warning to the next man who gets his hands on the keys.

Yes, the Rangers support is just about to realise how powerful it really is now it is galvanised again and pulling in the same direction.

These fans are about to become the king makers and that's why they should behave in a manner befitting the club they represent.

The next man who steps up to the plate will expect them to scrutinise his every move like never before. The fans will demand that, from now on, the people at the top are open and transparent. They deserve nothing less.

What the future holds is still unclear. In the short term, we can only hope the administrators find what they are looking for to keep the business going and then had it over to a safe pair of hands.

Hopefully the time will come soon when the fans are being asked to throw their united support behind a new regime.

In an ideal world a group of well meaning, wealthy and reputable Rangers supporters will step forward to claim control as a consortium to make sure that, never again, the club is left in the hands of just one man.

If all these interested parties can find a way to club together for the greater good and drag Rangers away from the brink I'm positive the rank and file won't be slow in identifying them as the men who saved them from their darkest hour.

It's time for Rangers men to stand up and be counted. It's time for the club to rid itself of all the old unwanted baggage so that Rangers can be proud of itself again for the fantastic football club it always has been.

So let Celtic get on with celebrating their title - a title they somehow failed to win throughout the last three years of financial troubles - and let Rangers get on with the painful process of putting their club back together.

Edited by Enrico Annoni

I think the administrators will try and get them to the end of the season if possible. They need some businessman or men to have £100 million to sort the club out and thats if Whyte is willing to sell to them for a bit of money. If that is impossible then i would expect them to go into liquidation.

Then the questions on how SPL will accommodate them - if that happens and they get back in then i will be telling my club to forgot about getting money from me.

If that's what they need then they are stuffed. Murray spent years looking for a buyer and if Craig Whyte is right about nothing else, he's right that nobody else stepped up to the plate. Largely because nobody fancied buying the rights to a £49m tax bill in addition to existing debts. Those years looking for a buyer are what tested Lloyds patience beyond its limits in the end.

If some shining knight appears on his white charger now, I'd be asking the question "where were you 2 years ago?". I don't think the appetite exists among the business community to buy Rangers. Paul Murray showing an interest is just a man with aspirations. Why didn't he put up against Whyte? How much of the £100m does he have? Let's face it, any Rangers supporter could have stood there and said what he did. When Rangers were for sale he never moved a muscle. Lot of hot air.

Now of course, the club is much less attractive to buy because not only do they have a pile of debt (almost as much as when Whyte took over) but Whyte has severely restricted income streams through the Ticketus and catering deals. If Rangers still owed £18m and everything else was as at last May then maybe. But they now owe something like £15m having paid off £18m but mortgaging about £28m (tickets and grub) to do so. So the debt has reduced by £3m but income streams have reduced by £25m on top of that (or whatever the actual figures are - a shedload anyway!).

Shut it down and start again I think.

Football boycotts are difficult to organise and hard to see through to a successful conclusion. In the transfer-of-share scenario I can see the SPL clubs taking the short term hit and protest, and will bank on it simply fizzling out as a new season gets underway.

There would potentially be ways of 'placating' their fans, too.

One obvious way is to explain the financial consequences by way of lost sponsorship/TV income, gates, etc.

Another is for Rangers to be seen to be heavily restricted e.g. mooted 15pts deduction per season, for 3 seasons, plus European ban.

There is a potential wrangle over the assets with Rangers. There's also a potential wrangle over who would/could form a new company. I would assume that Alastair Johnson and Paul Murray's involvement has much to do with this.

The SPL may require a quick response to the situation. The timing could be critical. They can't reserve a place for a newco Rangers. There would be a First Division club sitting waiting for their "rightful" place in the SPL.

It's definitely a possible scenario though, and depending on the outcome of the FTT, an increasingly likely one. Depending on who you believe, they may not even make it that far. Of course it's widely speculated that that was/is Whyte's "plan"!

One obvious way is to explain the financial consequences by way of lost sponsorship/TV income, gates, etc.

Another is for Rangers to be seen to be heavily restricted e.g. mooted 15pts deduction per season, for 3 seasons, plus European ban.

I'd be amazed if any opposing fan saw that as anything other than token.

We hear Stewart Regan spraying soundbites about how there is "appetite for radical change", yet most reports point to nothing other than "appetite for the status quo".

:bairn :bairn :bairn :bairn :lol:

GIRFUY. It's not just Celtic that are pointing and laughing- it's the fans of every other Scottish club as well. The impact that decades of arrogant triumphalism, and petulant demands that the rest of Scottish football put up with a near-vertical playing field, just to accommodate the OF, seems to have completely passed this clown by.

The tantalising prospect that a future of the game without Rangers, or with a severely weakened Rangers being forced to play its way through the SFL, might actually be 100% better- putting the lie to the constant whine from bloated pissbags like Traynor that we all somehow "need a strong Rangers", will be wonderful to witness if it comes to pass.

Rangers won't disappear. But they need to be held to account properly for what has happened. The fact that loudmouth nobodies (failed football manager and part-time antiques dealer) like Hateley seem to be raging that they're going to have to face the music, as would any other club in this position, makes the necessity for severe sanction against Rangers all the more pressing.

The worst thing that can happen for Scottish football is that Rangers are simply allowed to re-form and continue as though none of this has happened.

...or a third model is that Rangers are demoted to the third division and obliged to play their way back to the SPL over four seasons, as would happen to any other club in this position.

Outcome, not process, HJ, is the most important thing. But Scottish domestic football will lose whatever shred of dignity it has left, if it rolls over and lets Rangers continue in the SPL.

I'd be amazed if any opposing fan saw that as anything other than token.

We hear Stewart Regan spraying soundbites about how there is "appetite for radical change", yet most reports point to nothing other than "appetite for the status quo".

It would be better than nothing, though. If you look at a club like St Johnstone... picking them as we've already seen Geoff Brown's comments... they'd face a terrible "lose lose" situation.

Back some special treatment or kindness towards Rangers, and their fans are furious.

Block the retention of Rangers, and they face losing upto 1/3 of their turnover, a sum equivalent to half their wage bill.

...or a third model is that Rangers are demoted to the third division and obliged to play their way back to the SPL over four seasons, as would happen to any other club in this position.

Outcome, not process, HJ, is the most important thing. But Scottish domestic football will lose whatever shred of dignity it has left, if it rolls over and lets Rangers continue in the SPL.

I'd emphasise - as always - that I do not necessarily support such a course of events. I'm simply dealing in the potential factual outcomes of potential courses of events.

One could question why they should even get SFL3 football. That's unfair on Spartans, Cove Rangers, etc.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Just read that, as well as the obvious point that it's pretty much every one in Scotland enjoying jelly and ice cream, I wonder how Tom Hateley feels about his dad basically saying any part he plays in the Champions' League is also tainted. Daft fud.

Edited by Jussy

It may well be the case that Rangers could lose Ibrox and Murry Park. They will no longer have 40k odd fans to draw on. They will be as good as some 3rd Division club and should be invited to play there.

Forget the poor Ibrox staff which the Gers fans keep bleating on about, who's giving the private coach drivers any thought? - the ones that transport all these guys from Stranraer / Wick to Ibrox on a fortnightly basis. The thousands of Rangers from outwith Glasgow should keep this in mind, jump on their usual coach at 9am, drive around town for a good few hours and then finish up at the nearest ground. Either that or go to Fort George for the day or something nice instead. Remember, we've got to minimise any job losses wherever possible.

They could forward them £1.3M today however, as Rangers are guaranteed to finish at worst 6th. Potential problem is their transfer liabilities (and sundry other debts) to other member clubs, particularly Wallace's remaining transfer installments to Hearts and gate monies to Dunfermline and Dundee Utd.

Keeping prizemonies covering those sums back, which might be required, would reduce what could be advanced.

If Rangers were placed in liquidation before the end of the season though, would they still be entitled to the money? If they were not able to fulfil their games then would they be 'removed' from the league table, or would they just sit at whatever number of points they accumulated up to that point?

If Rangers were placed in liquidation before the end of the season though, would they still be entitled to the money? If they were not able to fulfil their games then would they be 'removed' from the league table, or would they just sit at whatever number of points they accumulated up to that point?

My understanding is that they wouldn't be entitled to it, but as happened with Gretna, they would be given it anyway and it would then become (another) debt.