Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

During the debate into this afternoons statements from Whyte and the administrators both Jim Traynor and Chick Young both said there were things that would come out in the next few days that would shock Rangers fans. When liquidation was mentioned Traynor said something along the lines of that wont happen and that history would not be lost but something would come out that would.

Has Whyte sold the naming rights to Ibrox?

I cannot think of anything else that would break a historic link and cause Rangers fans to be shocked.

During the debate into this afternoons statements from Whyte and the administrators both Jim Traynor and Chick Young both said there were things that would come out in the next few days that would shock Rangers fans. When liquidation was mentioned Traynor said something along the lines of that wont happen and that history would not be lost but something would come out that would.

I cannot think of anything else that would break a historic link and cause Rangers fans to be shocked.

If there's any truth in this stadium naming rights thing - feck sake, that's the least of their worries. In fact, given the fact they're up to their neck in shite - if Del Boy Whyte had actually done something to bring in some cash, it would be the first good thing the greasy shyster has done....

If anyone wants to give St Mirren some serious dosh to name St Mirren Park.... come on down, let's talk.

Nothing he's done so far looks to have been illegal. Unpopular yes, but not illegal... so he's still "winning" as things stand.

What's interesting is the complicity of otherwise of Murray International in him being able to take-over with money generated from the selling-off of STs. Alistair Johnstone has said previously on Sportsound that MI exclusively dealt with all the checks/due-diligence/etc.

Hence the reason Whyte had the money paid into a holding account with his lawyers. MI could only trace it back to there and receive

a positive answer that the funds were there and available. Lawyers wouldn't release further info.

Lawyers are good at law but shit at business and accept what they are told/presented with. (they get paid big bucks not to ask too many questions)

Wrekin Construction fooled lawyers and accountants to get an £11million loan secured on the "Gem of Tanzania" that eventually sold for a bit more than it's true value, it made £8 grand at auction!!

Expect Whyte to hold a press conference tomorrow - arriving with his ashes still on his head :blink:

His advisors decided the best way for him to act was instead of chucking his own money in to clear the debt he take one company's money then give it to another, thus letting him get away with only putting in a quid. Who'd have thought they'd have gone for that idea :lol:

Sounds a bit like someone who was trying to take over St. Mirren....................... :rolleyes:

And like Whye, he's a Rangers fans as well. :(

The ticketus stadium?

Would it be that big a deal if naming rights have been sold?

OK if Whyte's creamed the cash off into some offshore account it'd be legitimate grounds for hullabaloo, but the actual act of doing it's near-meaningless.

People go to Forthbank and Almondvale not 'the Doubletrees Dunblane' or 'the Braidwood Motor Arena'. Everyone would still call it Ibrox, it'd be another stick for Gers fans to beat Whyte with, and they'd have great fun vandalising anything erected with the 'corporate name' affixed.

Sounds a bit like someone who was trying to take over St. Mirren....................... :rolleyes:

And like Whye, he's a Rangers fans as well. :(

I'd heard he didn't support any team as he wasn't really into football. Same thing I suppose.

If there's any truth in this stadium naming rights thing - feck sake, that's the least of their worries. In fact, given the fact they're up to their neck in shite - if Del Boy Whyte had actually done something to bring in some cash, it would be the first good thing the greasy shyster has done....

If anyone wants to give St Mirren some serious dosh to name St Mirren Park.... come on down, let's talk.

I'll give yous £20 if I can call it the cuntodome :lol:

Ooft. Scotland Tonight.

This is getting to be a habit. What a shirt that big John is wearing. He's got a fair bald spot now.

what did I miss ? (working down in England.......so can't get local tv)

who's baldy John btw ???

what did I miss ? (working down in England.......so can't get local tv)

who's baldy John btw ???

Graham Spiers and some of the peepul. It's pretty dull to be honest. Nice to see all of them gutted though.

The big plank of wood that usually does Scotland today is showing a developing baldy spot.

Not the name. He's probably sold Ibrox itself. Ground share with QP from now on...finding the 6 months rental deposit might be a problem though.

Is there any evidential basis for the 'Rangers won't be liquidated: HMRC will agree a deal' claim (On Scotland Tonight, and the media) or is it just a spate of wishing on a star bullshit?

It seems to me about as credible as the 'Craig Whyte is a genius who has manipulated everyone to his gain' myth, which seems to gain popularity on this thread one in every ten pages.

Edited by vikingTON