Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Without looking to sound daft should rangers not be in line for the same charge or someother charge that hearts were up for since they have basically ripped the piss out of scottish football for while. Surely they should be hauled before the beaks and potentially face another deduction of points?

Without looking to sound daft should rangers not be in line for the same charge or someother charge that hearts were up for since they have basically ripped the piss out of scottish football for while. Surely they should be hauled before the beaks and potentially face another deduction of points?

Not acting in the upmost good faith to the spl and other spl members??? That's what we got charged with.. Rangers no chance

I'd like MJ to vote no (I know he's not averse to getting the OF wound up) but I think he'd vote yes.

Going MJ's display on the last game of last season it would be a no brainer.I'd like to think there would be a few teams in uproar.

What about the lower league teams, i think they'd deserve a say in it too.

Says it all about SPL chairmen, a few clubs are about to get screwed financially and yet when they get the chance of instant justice or maybe even a little blackmail what do they do? Yep, get up the welcome home banners.

Unlike Falkirk who are and always have been in perfect financial condition :rolleyes: .

Aberdeen and Hibs have been the OF's bitches on various issues recently, so they'd vote yes. Celtic would of course be in favour because without their rival a lot of their fans would lose interest.

Elaboration required.

I heard the Five Live debate this morning, they had some professor on saying that they needed to think about safeguarding jobs at Rangers. How many people to Rangers actually employ? Closing them down and opening a big Asda at Ibrox would probably increase the number of jobs in Govan.

From the St Mirren perspective, a lot will depend on the timing.

At present our BoD largely consists of a 'consortium' who are seeking to sell their shares - amounting to 52% of the total and therefore a controlling stake in the club.

They have valued these shares at £2M. For me, and many others, this is an overinflated notion of the worth of those shares, and the absence of serious and viable bids might go some way towards reflecting this.

Here is the thing, though. Having set the bar high, the current BoD (again, largely consisting of the selling consortium) would be preoccupied with ensuring, insofar as they have the influence, that the club remains an attractive investment. I fear that they would regard our placing in an SPL minus Rangers as less attractive to any potential buyer(s). I would abhor such a position, and vigorously campaign against it, but I'm under no illusions that this would have any bearing on their position, and it could be argued that they would only be doing what most would in their place.

What would be the position of any new BoD. Well, as we have little notion as to whom would make up that BoD, then there is little point in speculating. At a wild guess, it will depend upon how concerned the new directors would be as to a potential firestorm on the part of the club's support base.

To give Stewart Gilmour his due, he has actually called me to personally discuss concerns I have raised with the club (most recently concerning the 10 team SPL proposal). I don't think he'd call me this time, though....

Edited by Drooper

I heard the Five Live debate this morning, they had some professor on saying that they needed to think about safeguarding jobs at Rangers. How many people to Rangers actually employ? Closing them down and opening a big Asda at Ibrox would probably increase the number of jobs in Govan.

'Kyle Lafferty to the vegetable aisle please.'

Can someone explain how a "new" Rangers would be allowed into the SPL. At the expense of who? Dunfermline? Ross County?

... because it's Rangers. Logic, rules, a sense of justice... watch them being flushed down a Hampden Park toilet.

There should be far greater repercussions for entering administration from the footballing authorities. A ten point deduction for any team sitting mid table, or with nothing to play for, as the season peters out is nothing at all compared to clearing any unsecured debt and starting with a fresh slate. This sticks in the craw - at Ayr we cut our cloth accordingly which has culminated in us playing in a ramshackle stadium yo-yoing between the seaside leagues. For 3 or 4 years we had players come in from the juniors on 30 quid a week or so.

I'm starting to think maybe we're the mugs for playing it straight.